Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 12:48 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 12:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.5
WE:Marketing (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: IMD 2014 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
I too got the call this morning from the +41 number! good luck everyone..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Schools: IMD '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V44
Send PM
Congrats to those of you who received calls! Fingers crossed for those of us still waiting.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GRE 1: Q83 V97
GPA: 3.19
WE:Human Resources (Manufacturing)
Send PM
any calls this week?

Edit: just got my ding, best of luck to those interviewing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GRE 1: Q800 V700
Send PM
hi All, got a call today afternoon....best of luck to everyone waiting!

P.S: thought it will be a +41 number....got an "Unknown"! :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
I received a rejection mail last night :(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sorry to hear that xinga. im sure there something better waiting out for you.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi all,

im guessing that some interviews have already taken place. can anyone post their experiences pls? it would be very helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.6
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Guys,

I am an Indian working in US right now. Can you pls help me with the process to get a Switzerland visa to attend the assessment day. Pls help me with various things like type of visa needed, process to apply, time required to get it, entire expense etc etc. Also, how easy/difficult it is to get it.

Pls note that I have an H1 but I am not a US citizen/Green Card holder.

Thanks,
Neeraj

Originally posted by neerz on 13 Mar 2013, 14:11.
Last edited by neerz on 13 Mar 2013, 14:21, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys,

Need your input regarding chances that I have to get into IMD. Also, whether it makes sense to try for IMD. I sent a My profile reads like this :

- 9 years of exp by August 2013.
- Did my engineering from best REC/NIT of the country.
- Indian IT male :(
- 740 score in GMAT
- Total 4 years of International experience.
- Multi cultural experience - Have spent total of 2 years in Brazil, China and Mexico. Considering I have obviously worked in India as well (my home country), I have experience of working in emerging economies (3 out of 4 BRIC countries + LaTAM ). Lead teams consisting of citizens of these countries and not Indian folks.
- Entire experience in retail, supply chain and operations. Performed managerial type of roles. Intend to work as consultant in Big 4 OR as manager with a big retailer in future.
- Multiple awards during working experience.
- Very little to offer in extra curricular.

Considering I would have to apply in R2 and have an Indian IT male profile, do I hold a realistic chance to get through..? Is it worth it to write 13 essays, go to Switzerland, spend big bucks (trip to Switzerland and app fees) in such a scenario..?

Thanks,
Neeraj
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
neerz wrote:
Guys,

Need your input regarding chances that I have to get into IMD. Also, whether it makes sense to try for IMD. I sent a My profile reads like this :

- 9 years of exp by August 2013.
- Did my engineering from best REC/NIT of the country.
- Indian IT male :(
- 740 score in GMAT
- Total 4 years of International experience.
- Multi cultural experience - Have spent total of 2 years in Brazil, China and Mexico. Considering I have obviously worked in India as well (my home country), I have experience of working in emerging economies (3 out of 4 BRIC countries + LaTAM ). Lead teams consisting of citizens of these countries and not Indian folks.
- Entire experience in retail, supply chain and operations. Performed managerial type of roles. Intend to work as consultant in Big 4 OR as manager with a big retailer in future.
- Multiple awards during working experience.
- Very little to offer in extra curricular.

Considering I would have to apply in R2 and have an Indian IT male profile, do I hold a realistic chance to get through..? Is it worth it to write 13 essays, go to Switzerland, spend big bucks (trip to Switzerland and app fees) in such a scenario..?

Thanks,
Neeraj

IMD (as far as I know) is the only school that gives you the chance to do a "mini-application" without any cost and they will get back to you on whether you should apply or not. Look for the "Assess your chances" link on their website. IMHO its the best way to answer your question.

Cheers,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IMD (M) LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
(cross-posting from imd-2013-calling-all-applicants-124970-400.html#p1195647)

neerz wrote:
noinpac wrote:
neerz wrote:

IMD provides an official process to answer exactly that question: https://www.imd.org/programs/mba/Assess-your-chances.cfm?
I would recommend that you submit your profile via this system, as it will give you a fair idea of how you would fare, from those very people that have the knowledge, and whether it is worth to spend the time/money on the application.

For what it's worth, I found that writing those numerous essays provided me much insight on my profile, so it was worth the exercise anyhow... and yes, I think your profile may fit IMD.

Yup..I did. And I got a reply in affirmative. This is one of the lines by Simone Kuhn "Based on the information you provided in the survey, there seems to be a good fit between your profile and the IMD MBA requirements. We encourage you to submit a full application when ready.". I still thought of asking you guys coz it seemed to be a standard answer and not necessarily considering other factors such as R2, Indian IT male etc.

Simone and the other people on the admission's team are aware of all those factors, so if they encourage you to apply, I can only recommend that you follow their advice. Rest assured it's not in their interest to invite people to apply even though they'd know in advance these applications would be rejected: if it was, they just wouldn't offer this "assess your chances" system ;)

Just a word of advice based on my experience. You mention applying in R2 (ending on April 1st), but you also suggest that you haven't started the essays yet. If that's indeed the case, I would invite you to remain open to the idea of applying in R3 : in my experience, these essays take a long time to write, so doing them in a rush may not be optimal for your chances of success.
Last year, I was facing the same issue on the 15th of Jan (R1 was about to end), and I decided to apply only in R2.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
neerz wrote:
Guys,

I am an Indian working in US right now. Can you pls help me with the process to get a Switzerland visa to attend the assessment day. Pls help me with various things like type of visa needed, process to apply, time required to get it, entire expense etc etc. Also, how easy/difficult it is to get it.

Thanks,
Neeraj

Noinpac,
Thanks for your advice. Can you help me with info on the visa front as well..? @ first post that I put in yesterday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: IMD (M) LBS (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
neerz wrote:
neerz wrote:
Guys,

Thanks,
Neeraj

Noinpac,
Thanks for your advice. Can you help me with info on the visa front as well..? @ first post that I put in yesterday.

Hi,
I'd work on my essays if I were you: that's where you have a strict time constraint.

If you are invited for the interview, you'll have time to address the visa issue: generations of applicants have managed, so I wouldn't be too concerned (and I'm sure IMD can provide an invitation letter should it be necessary).

Still, if you wish to look into the visa topic, Google provides many links to the Swiss consular services addressing the topic (just checked).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Interview call

Originally posted by Makphone on 15 Mar 2013, 18:33.
Last edited by Makphone on 04 May 2013, 05:34, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hi all,

i think some ppl would have attended the interview on march 15th. Can anyone who attended share their experiences please?

really help the rest.

thanks in advance! :)
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: AKPsi, ISA
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.53
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
ts2014 wrote:
hi all,

i think some ppl would have attended the interview on march 15th. Can anyone who attended share their experiences please?

really help the rest.

I went to the March 15th interview. It was an intensive, but insightful, process, so make sure you get good nights sleep (unlike me) and keep an open mind.
If you have been invited to an interview you already know how extensive the process is including interviews, in-promtu presentations, case study work. The work is both individual and group basis - They look for diversity, for leaders, and for team players, so you have to be able to lead, but also to work well with the others.

Corny as it sounds, my best suggestion is to be yourself and let your character shine through. The interview team is very experienced so if you try to fake it and become somebody you think they want rather than who you really are, they will see right through you.

Overall, it was a very positive experience. IMD is very impressive, though perhaps what impressed me most was the caliber of the students and other candidates. All very experienced, bright, and easy to get along with.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.53
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
christianl wrote:
ts2014 wrote:
hi all,

really help the rest.

I went to the March 15th interview. It was an intensive, but insightful, process, so make sure you get good nights sleep (unlike me) and keep an open mind.
If you have been invited to an interview you already know how extensive the process is including interviews, in-promtu presentations, case study work. The work is both individual and group basis - They look for diversity, for leaders, and for team players, so you have to be able to lead, but also to work well with the others.

Corny as it sounds, my best suggestion is to be yourself and let your character shine through. The interview team is very experienced so if you try to fake it and become somebody you think they want rather than who you really are, they will see right through you.

Overall, it was a very positive experience. IMD is very impressive, though perhaps what impressed me most was the caliber of the students and other candidates. All very experienced, bright, and easy to get along with.

Hey everyone. I also participated on the March 15 Assessment Day and can attest to everything christian noted. In terms of logistics, the day went very similarly to what was described on the forums:

- Everyone had personalized schedule. For me, the day started with the improptu presentation preparation, which lasted 35 minutes. You should not stress about the topic - it is meant to be tackled by people from business or non-business backgrounds. Everyone will have a different point of view, which is the beauty of going to b-school.

- Then I had an individual interview. The questions asked were fairly typical. If you know your essays well, and can elaborate why you want an MBA/why IMD/ why now, you will be fine.

- Next came the presentation part, and then a group exercise to reach a consensus given further varianbles. Let your team skills shine here. The presentations were pretty quick - try to be relaxed, hold eye-contact, and not rush too much throguh it (typicall presentation tips).

- Lunch was in the IMD cafeteria. Every candidate was matched with a current MBA participant.

- The afternoon case study was another team exercise. I had visited IMD and had a case study led by faculty previosuly, but this time the cadidates did most of the talking. You are observed by the admission committe throughout the afternoon. As you approach the end of the day, the focus graduated shifted from discussion on the case to Q&A on the IMD MBA program.

- We then had a class visit - it was great to observe the dynamics in the classroom, the student presentations and get a feel for the teaching style.

- At the end of the day, most candidates joined the MBA participants for an informal happy hours. We were lucky that there were no classes on the next morning, so quite a few showed up.

Biggest advice from me would be to relax and not get yourself too uptight. Even though the IMD assessment day is described as intimidating and intense, try to ignore the fact that you are being watched, and focus more on learning about the school and how your goals match up to the school's strenghts. The admissions game is a two-way process.

Lastly, it was really nice to catch up with noinpac in person at the happy hour. As many of you know, he is a great guy with some really insightful posts on the forum.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts