GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 16:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

In Colorado subalpine meadows, nonnative dandelions co-occur with a na

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
Re: In Colorado subalpine meadows, nonnative dandelions co-occur with a na  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 21:53
mikemcgarry wrote:
KGump wrote:
It makes complete sense. Infact, during my actual GMAT, sometimes i feel that none of the answer options is either Right or Relevant. I Suppose they are the harder ones like this one in which the OA has been masked

Could you provide more such examples of official or Magoosh questions which are similar to the given one.

Thanks

Dear KGump,

I'm happy to respond. :-)

My friend, I don't know whether you understand how rude your request is. It's true that we experts on GMAT Club freely offer our time and our advice to answer specific questions. At the same time, my time is precious, as I am sure is true for all of my colleagues. I have many demands on me, and GMAT Club constitutes only a small part of my day's work. For a single user, especially someone I don't know well, to ask me to search through the question banks and deliver up a specific bouquet of questions for his perusal that meet a particular condition--it's as if someone is saying to me, "You don't know me, but I want you to do an hour of work for me." Your question didn't even acknowledge that there might be effort in fulfilling your request, and this absence gives the request an air of presumption. I am pointing this out because I think it's extremely important that you understand the impact you have on the people who are in a position to help you. All of human life, including the business world, is about connecting with people and relating to them. Not recognizing the demands you are placing on people is tantamount to not showing appreciation for their time and efforts--a particularly unsuccessful strategy. Humility, respect, and gratitude always go much further.

Does all this make sense, my friend?
Mike :-)

Hi Mike,

I am really sorry if I implied any such rude behaviour.

What I meant was that if off the top of your head you recalled any such questions. I never expected you to search or put an effort for this. I agree this was presumptous.

I had recently purchased a verbal course and for one of the questions I had asked the faculty to tell the me the inspiration for that question and they told me the official question it was based on. Now I understand that this was a very specific request.

It never occurred to me that my stupid request could have come across to be perceived like this.

Well, I have taken the GMAT thrice and in my second attempt, to my surprise I scored in the 5th percentile in CR and 88th percentile in RC and SC. Otherwise i am generally able to solve all the CR questions at home. I have taken private tutoring sessions as well.
I woke up yesterday and this question was on my mind for some reason. I hadn’t even visited this question for long. and I just searched and read your reply and I got excited.
Maybe this is the reason I just jumped on with my stupid request.

I have huge respect for you. I have read most of your blogs and I really admire the way you teach students not just concepts but habits/practices which should be acquired such as asking excellent questions/ thinking what more Can I do/ levels of understanding.

I am generally the extreme opposite of what i came across as. Again, extremely sorry for have invoking that response in you.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Magoosh Discount CodesEconomist GMAT Tutor Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Magoosh GMAT Instructor
G
Re: In Colorado subalpine meadows, nonnative dandelions co-occur with a na  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2017, 16:03
KGump wrote:
Hi Mike,

I am really sorry if I implied any such rude behaviour.

What I meant was that if off the top of your head you recalled any such questions. I never expected you to search or put an effort for this. I agree this was presumptous.

I had recently purchased a verbal course and for one of the questions I had asked the faculty to tell the me the inspiration for that question and they told me the official question it was based on. Now I understand that this was a very specific request.

It never occurred to me that my stupid request could have come across to be perceived like this.

Well, I have taken the GMAT thrice and in my second attempt, to my surprise I scored in the 5th percentile in CR and 88th percentile in RC and SC. Otherwise i am generally able to solve all the CR questions at home. I have taken private tutoring sessions as well.
I woke up yesterday and this question was on my mind for some reason. I hadn’t even visited this question for long. and I just searched and read your reply and I got excited.
Maybe this is the reason I just jumped on with my stupid request.

I have huge respect for you. I have read most of your blogs and I really admire the way you teach students not just concepts but habits/practices which should be acquired such as asking excellent questions/ thinking what more Can I do/ levels of understanding.

I am generally the extreme opposite of what i came across as. Again, extremely sorry for have invoking that response in you.

Dear KGump,

My friend, thank you for your thoughtful reply. :-) I wish you the best of luck in your studies. :-)

Mike :-)

Mike McGarry
Magoosh Test Prep

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire. — William Butler Yeats (1865 – 1939)

Manager
Manager
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2018, 01:59
No problem with OA at all ,but I think I finally figured out why B is not a “weaken”

Initially, I thought B would weaken the conclusion... a different approach to achieve goal ( increased native species seed production)

the presence of dandelions facilitates pollination (and hence seed production) in the native species by attracting more pollinators to the mixed plots.

Read the key words ..then read B

B) In mixed plots, pollinators can transfer pollen from one species to another to augment seed production.

See? Seed production . It’s not “ native species “ seed production ....
seed production = dandelions seed production + local species seed production
Well , can we draw a conclusion from B that local species seed production has been increased ? No , we can’t .... we can only say that the total seed production has been increased .... remember , the conclusion is talking about increased native species seed production

By the way , B does not give any evidence to support that dandelions attracted more pollinators .. this is CR ,and we don’t assume
GMAT Club Bot
Re: In Colorado subalpine meadows, nonnative dandelions co-occur with a na &nbs [#permalink] 09 Sep 2018, 01:59

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   [ 43 posts ] 

In Colorado subalpine meadows, nonnative dandelions co-occur with a na

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap