Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:53 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 1059
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Admissionado
Send PM
Re: Indian Male Electrical Engineer aged 33, need help fr School Selection [#permalink]
Expert Reply
devarshi9283 wrote:
Thanks for the reply...But I think there is some mistake as my undergrad is not in IT ...rather in Electrical and Electronics Engineering...and my whole experience is in project management loosely related to Energy & Utilities..I don't know how I came across as an IT guy?

Posted from my mobile device

Whoops sorry good sir.
I was typing a bit fast. It's a bit stronger to be an EE than to come from IT, but anyhow what is significant is your managerial and leadership experience
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Indian Male Electrical Engineer aged 33, need help fr School Selection [#permalink]
Which other programs would you suggest where I can be a good fit?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Admissionado
Send PM
Indian Male Electrical Engineer aged 33, need help fr School Selection [#permalink]
Expert Reply
devarshi9283 wrote:
Which other programs would you suggest where I can be a good fit?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Well, in general, as good as a program as you can get into.
What are you really looking for?
A one year program?
Europe only?
Tech-focused?
Consulting-focused?

Etc.

If you can give a biiiiiit more detail about what you are looking for I could suggest a few more schools.

Best,
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Indian Male Electrical Engineer aged 33, need help fr School Selection [#permalink]
Hi JonAdmissionado..
Sorry for the late reply...

My post MBA goal is to start as an associate in a decent consultancy firm (strategy and implementation) with strong presence in Power and Utilities domain. Although I know that breaking into Management Consulting is really tough with a "not so stellar profile", but leave aside MBB, I would love to work with the likes of Deloitte, PWC, Strategy&, LEK, AT Kearney, E&Y, KPMG..

One thing I am really apprehensive about is lack of internship in a 1 year Prog. A decent Internship experience might open doors to some of my target companies...

Recently, I have developed a strong liking for Emory 1 yr MBA Prog..but I am not quite sure whether 1 Yr Emory Grads do get enough response from consultancy firms...

I am getting further confused...kindly help
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
devarshi9283 wrote:
Hi JonAdmissionado..
Sorry for the late reply...

My post MBA goal is to start as an associate in a decent consultancy firm (strategy and implementation) with strong presence in Power and Utilities domain. Although I know that breaking into Management Consulting is really tough with a "not so stellar profile", but leave aside MBB, I would love to work with the likes of Deloitte, PWC, Strategy&, LEK, AT Kearney, E&Y, KPMG..

One thing I am really apprehensive about is lack of internship in a 1 year Prog. A decent Internship experience might open doors to some of my target companies...

Recently, I have developed a strong liking for Emory 1 yr MBA Prog..but I am not quite sure whether 1 Yr Emory Grads do get enough response from consultancy firms...

I am getting further confused...kindly help

Aha! Good. So we have a goal and a starting point. Now you are asking all the right questions. The place to start when you want to know if you can get hired by your target employer, the place to look is in their "Employment report" For Emory this is here: https://goizueta.emory.edu/documents/FT ... Report.pdf

Offhand given your profile, I would probably focus on the 15-30 range.

I hope this helps!

Some schools post the actual numbers of how many people went to what company (unfortunately Emory does not) but we do see that nearly a third of the graduating class went into consulting. So it does look promising.

Anyhow your goals won't limit you in your school choice. What I mean is that the type of consulting job you are aiming at is very available once you graduate from anywhere in the Top50. the differences will be in company, salary, and whether you work for a main office or regional one.
Moderator:
Admissionado
9216 posts