GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 14:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Inputs on Profile

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Inputs on Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2018, 01:01
Hi,

I have been working in an IT Company (purely as a software developer) for the past 3 years, As i am interested in finance, so i am doing CFA level 1 at the moment, but with my hectic schedule its becoming very difficult for me to juggle between work and preparation for my CFA and GMAT. I was thinking of taking a break from my current work and focus of CFA and GMAT , thinking about joining a NGO as a part time. will this have a negative impact on my admission form ?
Is there anything apart from what i mentioned above can be done to justify my break from work or some other courses which i can take up during this period which can add value to my profile to counter the negative if any because of my break.
Please suggest how would you rate a profile like that.

Regards,
Amit
Stratus Admissions Consultant
P
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Inputs on Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2018, 13:47
amitsclub wrote:
Hi,
Hi @amitsclub -- thanks for your question -- happy to answer your questions below.
I have been working in an IT Company (purely as a software developer) for the past 3 years, As i am interested in finance, so i am doing CFA level 1 at the moment, but with my hectic schedule its becoming very difficult for me to juggle between work and preparation for my CFA and GMAT. I was thinking of taking a break from my current work and focus of CFA and GMAT , thinking about joining a NGO as a part time. will this have a negative impact on my admission form ? I would encourage you to take a break from CFA after you get level 1-- or if you are not close then just switch to GMAT. The GMAT is going to have a bigger impact on your MBA prospects. While yes the CFA is nice- and it shows you have some business aptitude- it is not something schools require or have to report. So better for you to spend your time getting a high GMAT score AND doing well at WORK! I never advise people to quit their job in order to apply for MBA as then when you present to the schools you are not employed... and if you were not working 1 yr prior TO... MBA... it will be 3 yrs of no work by the time you graduate from MBA except for internship in between. And that does not look good on the back end either when you are looking for a job. So I say that you should just hang tough and do well at work, keep showing interest in finance through extracurriculars and get a great GMAT score. If you want to know more about how Stratus can help you present as strongly as possible-- reach out at this link for a free consult: https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com ... b-visitor/
Is there anything apart from what i mentioned above can be done to justify my break from work or some other courses which i can take up during this period which can add value to my profile to counter the negative if any because of my break.
Please suggest how would you rate a profile like that.

Regards,
Amit

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Inputs on Profile &nbs [#permalink] 14 Jan 2018, 13:47

Inputs on Profile

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap