Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 05:53 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:53

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Chartered Engineer
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
Schools: INSEAD - Class of 2013
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.91
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.76
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.91
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD 2013 JAN - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
vidhansrivastava wrote:
Yep. I did the same, emailed to etheryl and adcom aliases that they had provided for technical support. Haven't heard back yet, but will post what I find out when I hear from them.

Not sure there is any way to check what was 'received' by them. It would be helpful if the confirmation email had a copy of what was generated at their end - would give a way to confirm that all the data got transferred correctly. Nevertheless, fingers crossed! :wink:

Reply from adcom

You need not worry as your details have been uploaded correctly. This is determined by the fact that you have received the confirmation email.

Due to European Data Protection laws and our own confidentiality policy, our MBA Office is regrettably unable to give out any information over the phone about applications.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, Technology
WE:General Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
I just submitted my application for R1. The application was submitted successfully. But when I tried to upload my photo, I got some error. When I came back to the application page, there was a tick against Photo requirement and the upload photo button had disappeared. I have mailed Etheryl about this. Has anyone else faced this problem?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Hi all, urgent question. When I first took my GMAT 3 years ago, I sent the score to INSEAD.

Will this suffice, or do I need to report the score again?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm in for R1
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GPA: 3.76
WE:Information Technology (Other)
Send PM
visu83 wrote:
vidhansrivastava wrote:
Yep. I did the same, emailed to etheryl and adcom aliases that they had provided for technical support. Haven't heard back yet, but will post what I find out when I hear from them.

Not sure there is any way to check what was 'received' by them. It would be helpful if the confirmation email had a copy of what was generated at their end - would give a way to confirm that all the data got transferred correctly. Nevertheless, fingers crossed! :wink:

Reply from adcom

You need not worry as your details have been uploaded correctly. This is determined by the fact that you have received the confirmation email.

Due to European Data Protection laws and our own confidentiality policy, our MBA Office is regrettably unable to give out any information over the phone about applications.

Just received a confirmation email from adcom that the application has been received successfully and they are now checking the contents to confirm completion. Also got a note from online application support noting that even though adobe crashed the application was submitted successfully.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Just submitted to R1! I dont want to write another essay until my I need to do my first assignment at INSEAD next year :)
One question (I believe someone already asked this), but I had GMAC send my reports directly last year, do I need to load the scanned unofficial one as well? Or will they figure it out?
Best
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Problem solved. Turns out the Adobe installed on my work computer is just not working properly. Turns to my laptop it was done instantly.
Anyway I think the tech support guy works really slowly. 3 hours after I sent my email for help I received no response. Anyone should avoid submitting the application as late as I did...

==========================================
urgent question! What immediate response I should get once I click on that 'Submit Application' button on the last page of the 'NetApplyToINSEAD.pdf' file? I clicked on it and all it responded with was a window poping up stating 'download status', and the window was quickly gone and nothing happened!
Am I suppose to see my application code on this pdf file after I submit it? Or I should receive an email stating my application is successfully uploaded to the email address I put on this pdf file?
I receive no email after 10 mins. Is that normal?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mattapraveen wrote:
Will be dropping my applciation tonight. Below is m profile:

Industry:Sales-Oil and Gas
WorkEx :4 Yrs
Educationi:Masters/Engg/India
Nationality:Indian
Based in:Dubai for last 4 Yrs
CGPA:3.2
GMAT:For the sake of INSEAD I can state my GMAT as 720. Got a 690 with 46/38 and 660 with 49/31. So will report GMAT as 720 :) :) :). Atleast for one achool, I can boast off the 700+ GMAT. :) :)

So the wait begins from tomorrow.

Finally submitted my application last night. Checked for my refrences this morning and all ducks seem to be in order. Luckily, faced no problems while submitting the applicatiion. Looking forward to start networking with a couple of INSEAD 2012 Sept students I know here in Dubai and take tips for the interviews. Any INSEAD 2012 Sept admits in Dubai on the GMATCLUB, please let me know.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
WE:Accounting (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I also just submitted incl all docs for R1 2013.

Halawi wrote:
One question (I believe someone already asked this), but I had GMAC send my reports directly last year, do I need to load the scanned unofficial one as well? Or will they figure it out?
Best

I included a pdf'd copy of my GMAT score report just in case. I guess they will contact me if they didnt get the score.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Completed CFA exams
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Booth '17
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi all, I submitted by application last night. Feel relieved, don't have to worry about tweaking essays any more. Now the wait begins. My profile:

GMAT: 720
Work ex -Finance, 42 months by Jan 2013 in Singapore
Applying to - INSEAD, LBS and Columbia (J Term)
Education - Singapore (4yrs Engineering)
CGPA - 3.5
Nationality - Indian
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Just got a confirmation mail from INSEAD that all my ducks are in order and my application has gone under teh hammer for R1. My point of contact is Isabelle.

Dear Praveen Kumar

Thank you very much for applying to the INSEAD MBA Programme. I am pleased to inform you that I have received your application and will be your primary contact during the Admissions Process. I have checked the details of your submitted application material and I am happy to confirm your file is now complete and ready to be reviewed for Round 1 on the January 2013 intake. **

As per our Staged Admissions dates, 18 May is the latest date by which you should hear from us. For more details on our Admissions process, please feel free to consult our website on this given link.

**If you have given full GMAT / TOEFL test details on Page 2 of your online application, or if you have provided test score photocopies, this is sufficient to consider your application as complete, as we will not be checking our Pearson Vue / ETS records at this stage in the process. In the event that your original GMAT scores (and TOEFL scores if applicable) have not yet arrived from Pearson Vue / ETS later on during the evaluation process, you will be asked to provide your own original(s).

Likewise, if you have given full details of your university studies on Page 2 of your online application and you have provided scanned copies of your university transcripts and diplomas, this will suffice for completing your application material for review. Please note that we will only require you to send original hardcopies by post, if you are admitted to the INSEAD MBA Programme.

Regards
Isabelle
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
mattapraveen wrote:

GMAT:For the sake of INSEAD I can state my GMAT as 720. Got a 690 with 46/38 and 660 with 49/31. So will report GMAT as 720 :) :) :). Atleast for one achool, I can boast off the 700+ GMAT. :) :)

insead allows you to mix and match your best scores?

strongly considering applying for r2 (us applicant).

edit: how important are any of these information/networking sessions? there are two possible ones that i could attend: one is a 'mba networking cocktail' and the other is 'mba master class and information session'
Manager
Manager
Send PM
snipes wrote:
mattapraveen wrote:

insead allows you to mix and match your best scores?

strongly considering applying for r2 (us applicant).

edit: how important are any of these information/networking sessions? there are two possible ones that i could attend: one is a 'mba networking cocktail' and the other is 'mba master class and information session'

I wont say that you can mix and match your best scores for INSEAD. I am posting a link below. Have a look at it. I posted a question to the INSEAD representative on this forum and she responded back stating that as long as the drop in scores is not too substantial, they [highlight]might[/highlight] consider the best of the individual scores.
[url]
ask-insead-admissions-127157-40.html[/url]

I did register for a couple of mba sessions organized by various institutions and ended up not going to them. But I have been to a couple of school events such as GSB/HBS/Kellogg here in Dubai and its a very good opportunity to meet the alums/current students in some cases and adcoms in person for some one like me who cant easily visit the schools.

But if we do get an interview call, I came across a number of INSEAD interview blogs on the net stating that one of the popular question is "who are the current students and INSEAD Alum's you ve met and spoken to". So, its worth doing some homework on the networking front, if not to know more about the school, to get more mileage from your interview call, IF you do get one. :).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 670 Q51 V30
Send PM
So when do the phone calls start coming in?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I guess it will be 2 weeks before the phone calls start going out and take our peace away! was checking out last years interview calls and I see some calls out in the first week of May! The early birds!So guess we got another 2 weeks of peace of mind before we start looking at our mobile all day waiting for the elusive call! :)
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Account Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi guys

I am going for R2.

Profile:
Work ex: Finance, 6yrs, Norway and France.
Education: Finance and corporate law (bachelor).
Nationality: Norwegian.
Gmat: 640.

Lets do this......
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
I applied for R1, but I'm an older candidate :( 34M with 11 years of professional experience with 3 years in management. I know my profile and experience match more with an Executive MBA rather than that of a full time MBA. I already hold 2 masters in two different technical fields. I really don't know how Adcom will perceive this. I wrote an optional essay to explain my side of the story on this.
I'm really looking for an year off from work and enjoy being a full time student. In addition to INSEAD, I applied to IMD. I'm only going to apply these 2 schools. I wanted to apply in 2009 but my work commitments and hectic traveling schedule prevented me. Partially, that's the reason I'm not interested in EMBA.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts