GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 26 Aug 2019, 00:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

INSEAD GMAT

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD '21 (II)
INSEAD GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 08:30
Hi there,

I have an overall good profile with IT and Strategy Consulting background. I have submitted my profile to INSEAD 4th round about a week ago.

My GMAT score (2nd try) was 640: Q42, V35 and IR 7

However, I just learned I can uncancel my first score, which would be 620: Q47, V29 and IR3.

I fear that INSEAD will not believe I will have the quant skills to succeed and I am back and forth on uncancellling the score to show them atleast a bit better quant score (but much worse IR). I do have a 119/120 TOEFL so verbal should be proven anyway.

What would be your advise? A) Keep as is or B) uncancel score and send to INSEAD?

BR
Phammer
Director
Director
D
GMAT 1: 460 Q42 V13
GPA: 3.6
Re: INSEAD GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 10:02
phammer91 wrote:
Hi there,

I have an overall good profile with IT and Strategy Consulting background. I have submitted my profile to INSEAD 4th round about a week ago.

However, I just learned I can uncancel my first score, which would be 620: Q47, V29 and IR3.

I fear that INSEAD will not believe I will have the quant skills to succeed and I am back and forth on uncancellling the score to show them atleast a bit better quant score (but much worse IR). I do have a 119/120 TOEFL so verbal should be proven anyway.

What would be your advise? A) Keep as is or B) uncancel score and send to INSEAD?

BR
Phammer

In your 640 score, Quant score is too low. In 620 score IR is low. However, INSEAD Gmat avearge score would be 710. So better to take exam one more time.
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: Other Schools
GPA: 3
INSEAD GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Aug 2019, 10:26
I believe your overall performance is 70 to 80 points less than the average GMAT score at INSEAD. So the best thing to do right now is to take the exam again.
However, If you do not wish to write GMAT again you can go with 640 score because schools usually see the difference between both (quant and verbal) sections. Therefore bigger the difference between the sections lower are your chances of getting in. Also your overall score is better in the 2nd attempt.. so go with the second attempt.

Regards,
Anshi.

If this was helpful please give it a thumbs up.

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by Aanshi on 05 Aug 2019, 10:21.
Last edited by Aanshi on 05 Aug 2019, 10:26, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
P
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
WE: Education (Education)
Re: INSEAD GMAT  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2019, 11:40
phammer91 wrote:
Hi there,

BR
Phammer

For INSEAD IR-3 is too less, I heard that they need at least IR-7 in your GMAT.

Also, i feel your score for INSEAD is a bit on the lower side.

So, You should have a good LOR / SOP and Extra-Curricular.

All the Best!

INSEAD GMAT

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Admissionado