GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2018, 11:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 02:48
chanassss wrote:
Congrats gy88!
Where are you based? Have you applied for R1 jan19 intake?

Posted from my mobile device

Yes round 1 jan 19, I’m based in Singapore.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.1
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 03:05
Wow so early! They have until the 20th to reply...

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Healthcare, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Operations (Health Care)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 08:30
I was invited to interview as well. Got a call from my AO and then an email followed. I'm surprised they called at this stage.
I am based in Toronto.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 09:22
SKas07 wrote:
I was invited to interview as well. Got a call from my AO and then an email followed. I'm surprised they called at this stage.
I am based in Toronto.

Congrats! Who is your AO (if you don't mind sharing)?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Apr 2018, 09:53
wordward19 wrote:
SKas07 wrote:
I am based in Toronto.

Congrats! Who is your AO (if you don't mind sharing)?

Initials are E.L.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 01:24
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Oh by all means if you improve your GMAT update your AO immediately. I was just saying not to neglect interview preparation if you happen to do those in parallel. Good luck!!

http://mbaprepcoach.com

Hi MBAPrepCoach and all,

does anyone know if insead starts to evaluate the application again right after the candidate’s alumni interviews are over or does it wait until all alumni interviews for all candidates are over before evaluating all applications? Trying to see how much buffer time I have to improve other aspects of my candidacy prior to final decision, which will help to strategise interview dates. Thanks.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 02:55
To all of the guys that got interview invites - congratulations and all the very best for the next step!

How much time do you have till your interviews? Have you been given a specific date for the same?

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2018, 05:21
Just got my interview invite today as well! I’m based in Singapore. All the best to everyone else who’s waiting for their invite!

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.6

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 07:25
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Round two applicants you might find it helpful to make a list of all your projects, the results associated with those projects (value delivered) and then some thoughts about what personal qualities those things reflect. What qualities would you have to have to get those results?

Dear Farrell and future potential classmates,

I have a problem with the word limit of the third job essay. I have 8 years of experience and worked in 7 different positions in 2 companies. Also, I have 2 radical change in my career path, firstly from engineering to HR, and then from HR to finance.
So if I want to explain my career path with rational behind my choices and mention my learning from each job, I cannot summarize it less than 600 words, which I think is far beyond the expected word limit. What is a reasonable word limit for this question and what is your advice for me? Do you suggest me to cut some of the positions I have had in this essay?

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, International Business

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 07:31
homaiooni wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Round two applicants you might find it helpful to make a list of all your projects, the results associated with those projects (value delivered) and then some thoughts about what personal qualities those things reflect. What qualities would you have to have to get those results?

I have a problem with the word limit of the third job essay. I have 8 years of experience and worked in 7 different positions in 2 companies. Also, I have 2 radical change in my career path, firstly from engineering to HR, and then from HR to finance.
So if I want to explain my career path with rational behind my choices and mention my learning from each job, I cannot summarize it less than 600 words, which I think is far beyond the expected word limit. What is a reasonable word limit for this question and what is your advice for me? Do you suggest me to cut some of the positions I have had in this essay?

Thanks in advance

You're not allowed to submit if it's longer than the word limit. You can do it; just summarize, and yes, you can cut some of the positions in order to give more space to the important ones. Do you really need to describe all seven positions in detail, or is it sufficient to highlight one or two while noting you moved up within the company? The change from engineering to HR to finance is certainly worth explaining, especially in terms of motivations.
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 07:40
homaiooni wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Thanks in advance

I experienced a similar problem when I was submitting for Round 1. I switched across 5 positions and 2 companies (2 different industries) - from Engineering to Supply Chain and from Consumer goods to Healthcare. Summarize as much as possible and speak about your motivations (1-2 lines), what you learned during it and which led to motivation for second switch (2-3 lines). Rinse and Repeat. That is the only way to cut it down. I put it in fewer than 500 words. It is possible. Just needs a fair bit of revision.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 07:59
merlion wrote:
homaiooni wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Thanks in advance

You're not allowed to submit if it's longer than the word limit. You can do it; just summarize, and yes, you can cut some of the positions in order to give more space to the important ones. Do you really need to describe all seven positions in detail, or is it sufficient to highlight one or two while noting you moved up within the company? The change from engineering to HR to finance is certainly worth explaining, especially in terms of motivations.

Thank you very much. But actually there is no determined word limit for job essays. They are short answers. I have seen the essays of one admitted friend with about 440 words for this question. Do you have any idea about the word limit?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 08:01
SKas07 wrote:
homaiooni wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:

Thanks in advance

I experienced a similar problem when I was submitting for Round 1. I switched across 5 positions and 2 companies (2 different industries) - from Engineering to Supply Chain and from Consumer goods to Healthcare. Summarize as much as possible and speak about your motivations (1-2 lines), what you learned during it and which led to motivation for second switch (2-3 lines). Rinse and Repeat. That is the only way to cut it down. I put it in fewer than 500 words. It is possible. Just needs a fair bit of revision.

Thanks a lot. So as far as I understand you submit the answer of this question with approximately 500 words and was invited for the interview, right?
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2018, 08:06
homaiooni wrote:

Thanks a lot. So as far as I understand you submit the answer of this question with approximately 500 words and was invited for the interview, right?
[/quote][/quote]

Yep, received the invite a couple of days ago.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2018, 00:43
Does early interview notification mean advantage or high evaluation of application materials?
Or it just depends on AO?
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.1

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2018, 02:49
bingx2 wrote:
Does early interview notification mean advantage or high evaluation of application materials?

I think that it doesn’t mean high quality application as there are also early rejections... Best of luck to everyone !

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.87

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 00:45
gy88 wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Oh by all means if you improve your GMAT update your AO immediately. I was just saying not to neglect interview preparation if you happen to do those in parallel. Good luck!!

Hi MBAPrepCoach and all,

does anyone know if insead starts to evaluate the application again right after the candidate’s alumni interviews are over or does it wait until all alumni interviews for all candidates are over before evaluating all applications? Trying to see how much buffer time I have to improve other aspects of my candidacy prior to final decision, which will help to strategise interview dates. Thanks.

It depends on your application officer on how soon after your interview does your file get evaluated but I dont think they wait till the end for everyone to finish interviewing. Either way, if you need time to add elements to your profile its only in your best interest to delay the interview as much as you can. Having your interview on deadline day or 2 weeks before deadline day will have no effect on your candidacy so might as well use all the time there is.

Btw, congratulations to all R1 people who got interview calls! If anyone needs help preparing you can check out a cheap interview prep service (by recent INSEAD alums) here for $100 - https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/interview-prep

More details about the company are in my signature below.

Good luck to all R1 interviewees!

-
- Abhinay (INSEAD MBA Class of 2017 Dec)

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when I needed MBA Admissions Consulting services and guidance from current students and alumni but always faced the problem of either the admissions consultants being too expensive to afford or not knowing the right student/alumnus from my target school who can guide me. I graduated recently in Dec 2017 from INSEAD and realized that this needs to change and democratizing the consulting process makes much more sense. This is why I have started Easy MBA Admit - An Admissions Consulting service for the people, by the people. Why should you be interested? Here's why:

1. The most affordable admissions consulting service with services starting at $100 (mostly to cover operational expenses) - because we believe more in paying it forward and helping future MBA aspirants rather than making huge profits.

2. All services offered by recent alumni/current students from top B Schools like INSEAD, LBS, CBS, Kellogg, Stern, IESE, Wharton, etc. motivated by goodwill and who were in your shoes not too long ago and hence know how best to position your application.

3. Proud to say that so far we have had a 100% success record at placing aspirants in their target schools. Examples include INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC Paris, CBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Stern, NUS, NTU and more

4. Get your Free Intro Call (https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/free-intro-call) with no obligations attached. If you do book any of our services we have a money back guarantee in case you don't like the service.

Website - https://www.easymbaadmit.com
Email - easymbaadmit@gmail.com

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 3.87

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2018, 00:47
bingx2 wrote:

Nope, purely depends on AO

-
- Abhinay (INSEAD MBA Class of 2017 Dec)

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when I needed MBA Admissions Consulting services and guidance from current students and alumni but always faced the problem of either the admissions consultants being too expensive to afford or not knowing the right student/alumnus from my target school who can guide me. I graduated recently in Dec 2017 from INSEAD and realized that this needs to change and democratizing the consulting process makes much more sense. This is why I have started Easy MBA Admit - An Admissions Consulting service for the people, by the people. Why should you be interested? Here's why:

1. The most affordable admissions consulting service with services starting at $100 (mostly to cover operational expenses) - because we believe more in paying it forward and helping future MBA aspirants rather than making huge profits.

2. All services offered by recent alumni/current students from top B Schools like INSEAD, LBS, CBS, Kellogg, Stern, IESE, Wharton, etc. motivated by goodwill and who were in your shoes not too long ago and hence know how best to position your application.

3. Proud to say that so far we have had a 100% success record at placing aspirants in their target schools. Examples include INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC Paris, CBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Stern, NUS, NTU and more

4. Get your Free Intro Call (https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/free-intro-call) with no obligations attached. If you do book any of our services we have a money back guarantee in case you don't like the service.

Website - https://www.easymbaadmit.com
Email - easymbaadmit@gmail.com

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2018, 20:04
Hi guys
For those who already did the video interviews. Is there a balance between personal/professional questions or is it completely random?
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2018, 19:38
People, any more invites for Jan 19 - R1 applicants? Is there another group (whatsapp/telegram) where this is being discussed?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) &nbs [#permalink] 17 Apr 2018, 19:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  26    Next  [ 512 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap