Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:59 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]
A new INSEAD Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/interview_debrief.html#debrief-970
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD Jan 2019 Intake (Class of Dec 2019) [#permalink]
Kudos
A new INSEAD Interview Debrief has just been posted: https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/interview_debrief.html#debrief-974
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
INSEAD DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 33 minutes ago, from Argentina, GMAT:680 (Q48 V35), Industry: Other, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 49 minutes ago, from India, GMAT:730, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 8831 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
INSEAD DECISION TRACKER

Updates for the last hour:

• Admitted, 27 minutes ago, from United Kingdom, GMAT:720 (Q45 V44), heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 30 minutes ago, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 30 minutes ago, from Singapore, GMAT:700, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 30 minutes ago, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 32 minutes ago, heard via: phone
  • Waitlisted, 33 minutes ago, from Italy, GMAT:720 (Q48 V41), GPA: 3.64, heard via: email
  • Admitted, 34 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:670 (Q48 V34), GPA: 3.5, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 34 minutes ago, from United States, GMAT:750 (Q50 V41), Industry: Consulting, WE 70, heard via: phone
  • Admitted, 35 minutes ago, from Viet Nam, GMAT:640, GPA: 4, Industry: Health Care, WE 72, heard via: phone

UPDATE YOUR STATUS
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
Concentration: Sustainability, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 580 Q31 V35
GRE 1: Q153 V159
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
I know I'm super late with updates but I heard back from INSEAD - they liked me more for the executive program, given I've nearly 13 years' work experience. My GMAT was low (580), but they offer a "INSEAD acceptance exam day" and invited me to take that instead of retaking the GMAT. I asked to hold my application for a year (I got married and we moved to London last year). I'm back to studying and going to chat about whether I can resubmit for full-time Jan intake with a higher GMAT instead of the exec program. I've spoken to a few friends that have done exec and full-time and are in similar stages of their careers as me - they all said to go full-time, if you can.

Apologies for being super late and congrats to everyone that finished in December!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Shylard, you might also consider LBS Sloan Masters - full time program for 1 year for older students. Average work exp is 18 years. Possible test waiver.

Shylard wrote:
I know I'm super late with updates but I heard back from INSEAD - they liked me more for the executive program, given I've nearly 13 years' work experience. My GMAT was low (580), but they offer a "INSEAD acceptance exam day" and invited me to take that instead of retaking the GMAT. I asked to hold my application for a year (I got married and we moved to London last year). I'm back to studying and going to chat about whether I can resubmit for full-time Jan intake with a higher GMAT instead of the exec program. I've spoken to a few friends that have done exec and full-time and are in similar stages of their careers as me - they all said to go full-time, if you can.

Apologies for being super late and congrats to everyone that finished in December!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks!! I was looking at the LBS full-time program as well.

Feedback was that I’m a strong applicant - the GMAT score gave them concern (understandable). My verbal was good (V36 with no studying) but my quant was pure crap. I’m studying full-time now (not working) and am confident I can get my quant score up and even raise the verbal with a little studying. I really want to do a traditional program (albeit, I’m not a traditional applicant).

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Average age (middle 80%) 24 – 37
This is interesting - I am surprised to see this go as high as it does. It's a very outside shot and even more so because it's late in the season, but I guess there is some glimmer of hope. Urge you to consider the MIT Sloan Fellows MBA program as well as your back up. From a networking perspective, you will be a lot better off being around peers than juniors. Another plan B is LBS Sloan Masters as I mentioned, also a one year residential.
Shylard wrote:
Thanks!! I was looking at the LBS full-time program as well.

Feedback was that I’m a strong applicant - the GMAT score gave them concern (understandable). My verbal was good (V36 with no studying) but my quant was pure crap. I’m studying full-time now (not working) and am confident I can get my quant score up and even raise the verbal with a little studying. I really want to do a traditional program (albeit, I’m not a traditional applicant).

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I will definitely check out LBS. HEC Paris also liked me for their full-time program, just need a higher GMAT.

Thanks a lot for your feedback - I really appreciate it!

Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Average age (middle 80%) 24 – 37
This is interesting - I am surprised to see this go as high as it does. It's a very outside shot and even more so because it's late in the season, but I guess there is some glimmer of hope. Urge you to consider the MIT Sloan Fellows MBA program as well as your back up. From a networking perspective, you will be a lot better off being around peers than juniors. Another plan B is LBS Sloan Masters as I mentioned, also a one year residential.

Just wanted to follow-up on this one...I chatted with LBS re Sloan Fellows and was told I need more WE. :?
Actually just received an invite to interview with HEC Paris and had some good talks with INSEAD's GEMBA that I'm moving forward to do my interviews with them next month.

Thanks for all the candid feedback - it was really helpful!
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72857 [0]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All INSEAD Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All INSEAD Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All INSEAD Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated INSEAD Forum to dive into all things related to INSEAD's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts