Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:17 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 3: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 4: 740 Q47 V45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Re: INSEAD MiM vs LBS MiM [#permalink]
Expert Reply
yashikaaggarwal Would you be able to comment here? Thanks :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 3: 720 Q47 V42
GMAT 4: 740 Q47 V45
Send PM
Hi all, I actually got an offer from HEC-Yale M2M program and so have decided to go with this one, I felt that the opportunity to work in the US potentially in the future was to good to turn down as well as the brand names of 2 top unis on the CV. Let me know what you think of the choice :)
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Okay, so in my opinion.
I would say INSEAD is definitely a big score. And you nailed it. Getting into INSEAD definitely means a haywire of goodness. INSEAD is a brand name so it does exactly matter whether their program offered is new or not. You will never go wrong with INSEAD. However, the language barrier will be a great destruction. Firstly, if you are seeking consultant role. It's gonna be difficult to get job in French market without having atleast B2 level French knowledge. So mind this before making your decision. If you can hang onto French language, then definitely INSEAD should be the choice. Otherwise, LBS is definitely a holy Trinity. Bigger brand, greater ranking, better employment opportunities. So take is yours.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Thegmatboy wrote:
Hi all, I actually got an offer from HEC-Yale M2M program and so have decided to go with this one, I felt that the opportunity to work in the US potentially in the future was to good to turn down as well as the brand names of 2 top unis on the CV. Let me know what you think of the choice :)

Incredible!!! That is literally the best of both worlds. Huge congratulations; you must be thrilled.

Own Kudos [?]: 2769 [0]
Given Kudos: 1510
GPA: 4
WE:Analyst (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Thegmatboy wrote:

Didn't saw the username earlier. But the program you chose is definitely worth it. Congratulations

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
What was your GMAT score?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Send PM
INSEAD MiM vs LBS MiM [#permalink]
For a MiM degree, I would certainly say LBS. Insead's program is new and has few alumni. For MBA, I would pick Insead. Insead MBA is their flagship program and most of the efforts are made over there (logically).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi all, I actually also got an offer from both INSEAD and LBS (MiM), and decided to go with INSEAD, as:
- the INSEAD MIM enables all students to live in at least 2 continents with the 6 months in France and 4 months in Singapore
- my main concern was how new the INSEAD MiM was, but the results of the first cohort were so impressive that this concern is now gone (I saw a post that said out of 90 students, 21 got into MBB, and that of course not all 90 students wanted to do consulting)
- after talking to several students on both programs, I just clicked better with the INSEAD mindset, and was impressed with their enthusiasm and school spirit

Honestly, I would also understand if someone chose LBS, it’s mostly about fit at this point

GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
3137 posts