Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 11:21 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 4
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [1]
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
pranavmitrag wrote:
Hello everyone,

Below is a brief of my profile. Need your inputs on suitability of my GMAT score and profile for Insead.

GMAT: 720(93%) Q:47(53%), V:41(93%), IR:5 (53%).
Indian Male, Engineering undergrad, 9+ years of experience in Finance (Treasury & Corporate Finance) and Entrepreneurship.

7.5 years of work experience across 3 large MNC pharmaceutical companies. Lead the Treasury department with a, exposure of $2 Bn dollars, wroked with cross sectional teams across 15+ countries in managing. Youngest in the company histroy to be made head of treasury. Worked with the CEO, CFO, and Business heads on large strategy projects like Capital reaalocation, M&A.

1.5 years of entrepreneurship experience. Took the MVP+ from 0 to 1 in a span of 1 years. Lead a team of 10 people across domains. Launched and broke even in the first year.

Looking to move into management consulting post MBA. I would be happy to provide any further details. Keen to understand my chances and if my score on quant is going to be a problem.

Hi pranavmitrag insead alum here

Regarding your GMAT score, while your overall score is balanced, INSEAD will evaluate your individual performance in quant on a normalized graph that takes into account the scores of applicants in your demographic. A 53rd percentile score in quant will be considered low. Nevertheless, your situation is intriguing because of your solid background in finance. Still, if I were in your shoes and damn serious about INSEAD, I would consider retaking the GMAT exam.

I must say that I find your work experience very impressive. Although you may not have had full-time international work experience (since you did not mention it), your rapid career growth in the pharma industry(strong industry focus) and entrepreneurial background can serve as a solid foundation for presenting your case to INSEAD. Before you start working on your essays, it's a good idea to brainstorm 4-5 themes that showcase the multidimensionality of your profile.

Regarding your goals, it would be a good practice to brainstorm the kind of projects you would like to work on as a management consultant. INSEAD would love to see how well you have researched your industry and future prospects. Overall, you seem to be a good fit for consulting.

Best wishes
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Re: INSEAD Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi, need help with profile evaluation for INSEAD Jan'24 intake:

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 710 (V49, Q38, IR5)

Experience: 6 years (by Dec'23)- Work experience includes working in higher education sector (leading the client engagement function) to improve institutions across the world, Ex- ZS Associates in their consulting division, very diverse international experience leading a function of 20 members across 8 nationalities and working with multi-national clients and higher education ministries across the world.

Education:
1. MBA, IIM Ranchi (7.5/10), Consulting club and some leadership experience, International exchange student, CAT 99%le
2. SRM Institute of Science and Tech (9.6/10), Rank Holder, branch representative, and other extra curriculars- leading in national level tests

Extra Curricular: One national level volunteering, Blogging website, Traveled a lot (more than 15 countries)

Short term: Leadership position in a social impact consulting firm
Long term: Be an advocate of sustainability practices by bringing the change at an executive level in a multi-national company.

Can you let me know my chances as I am from an over-represented community? MBAandBeyond MBAGuide

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by Caraxes on 19 Apr 2023, 09:17.
Last edited by Caraxes on 19 Apr 2023, 19:49, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
A high GMAT score coupled with a well rounded profile gives you an edge. Best of Luck.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hey pranavmitrag,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

Your profile seems strong and impressive, particularly your 9+ years of work experience in finance and entrepreneurship. Your experience leading the Treasury department of large MNC pharmaceutical companies and working with cross-sectional teams across 15+ countries demonstrate your ability to manage complex and diverse teams, which is a valuable skill in management consulting.

Your entrepreneurial experience and leadership skills leading a team of 10 people and successfully launching a new product, indicate your ability to think creatively, take risks, and execute innovative ideas, which are qualities that consulting firms often look for.

Regarding your GMAT score, a total score of 720 is competitive for INSEAD, and your strong verbal score of 41 (93%) is particularly impressive. While your quant score is comparatively lower, it is not likely to be a significant obstacle in your application since your work experience has a strong finance focus and demonstrates quant skills. It is also worth noting that INSEAD takes a holistic approach to admissions and considers multiple factors beyond just GMAT scores.

Overall, your profile seems competitive for the INSEAD MBA program, and your goal of transitioning into management consulting post-MBA is achievable. Be sure to highlight your strengths in your application and demonstrate your fit with the program's values and culture.

Best of luck with your application!

If you have any other queries regarding your profile or need help with the INSEAD application, feel free to schedule a call with our profile experts at your convenience.

Cheers!
Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
MBA and Beyond

pranavmitrag wrote:
Hello everyone,

Below is a brief of my profile. Need your inputs on suitability of my GMAT score and profile for Insead.

Indian Male, Engineering undergrad, 9+ years of experience in Finance (Treasury & Corporate Finance) and Entrepreneurship.

7.5 years of work experience across 3 large MNC pharmaceutical companies. Lead the Treasury department with a, exposure of $2 Bn dollars, wroked with cross sectional teams across 15+ countries in managing. Youngest in the company histroy to be made head of treasury. Worked with the CEO, CFO, and Business heads on large strategy projects like Capital reaalocation, M&A.

1.5 years of entrepreneurship experience. Took the MVP+ from 0 to 1 in a span of 1 years. Lead a team of 10 people across domains. Launched and broke even in the first year.

Looking to move into management consulting post MBA. I would be happy to provide any further details. Keen to understand my chances and if my score on quant is going to be a problem.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAGuide wrote:
pranavmitrag wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hi pranavmitrag insead alum here

Regarding your GMAT score, while your overall score is balanced, INSEAD will evaluate your individual performance in quant on a normalized graph that takes into account the scores of applicants in your demographic. A 53rd percentile score in quant will be considered low. Nevertheless, your situation is intriguing because of your solid background in finance. Still, if I were in your shoes and damn serious about INSEAD, I would consider retaking the GMAT exam.

I must say that I find your work experience very impressive. Although you may not have had full-time international work experience (since you did not mention it), your rapid career growth in the pharma industry(strong industry focus) and entrepreneurial background can serve as a solid foundation for presenting your case to INSEAD. Before you start working on your essays, it's a good idea to brainstorm 4-5 themes that showcase the multidimensionality of your profile.

Regarding your goals, it would be a good practice to brainstorm the kind of projects you would like to work on as a management consultant. INSEAD would love to see how well you have researched your industry and future prospects. Overall, you seem to be a good fit for consulting.

Best wishes

I made an error while mentioning my percentile of quant score, it is 57% and not 53%. I am assuming this wouldn't change your opinion. You are right about international experience, I haven't myself worked in a different country than my home country but the nature of my profile required me to work with bankers and colleagues across the world. Thank you for this detailed response. Helps me make the decision.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBAandBeyond wrote:
Hey pranavmitrag,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

Your profile seems strong and impressive, particularly your 9+ years of work experience in finance and entrepreneurship. Your experience leading the Treasury department of large MNC pharmaceutical companies and working with cross-sectional teams across 15+ countries demonstrate your ability to manage complex and diverse teams, which is a valuable skill in management consulting.

Your entrepreneurial experience and leadership skills leading a team of 10 people and successfully launching a new product, indicate your ability to think creatively, take risks, and execute innovative ideas, which are qualities that consulting firms often look for.

Regarding your GMAT score, a total score of 720 is competitive for INSEAD, and your strong verbal score of 41 (93%) is particularly impressive. While your quant score is comparatively lower, it is not likely to be a significant obstacle in your application since your work experience has a strong finance focus and demonstrates quant skills. It is also worth noting that INSEAD takes a holistic approach to admissions and considers multiple factors beyond just GMAT scores.

Overall, your profile seems competitive for the INSEAD MBA program, and your goal of transitioning into management consulting post-MBA is achievable. Be sure to highlight your strengths in your application and demonstrate your fit with the program's values and culture.

Best of luck with your application!

Cheers!
MBA and Beyond

pranavmitrag wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am glad you mentioned about my finance experience acting as a postive to showcase my quant skills beyond the GMAT. I am planning to take sometime to decide if I would want to apply with the same score and give the test again. Thank you for this detailed response. It really helps me to put things into perspective.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Kudos
Caraxes wrote:

Experience: 6 years (by Dec'23)- Work experience includes working in higher education sector (leading the client engagement function) to improve institutions across the world, Ex- ZS Associates in their consulting division, very diverse international experience leading a function of 20 members across 8 nationalities and working with multi-national clients and higher education ministries across the world.

Education:
1. MBA, IIM Ranchi (7.5/10), Consulting club and some leadership experience, International exchange student, CAT 99%le
2. SRM Institute of Science and Tech (9.6/10), Rank Holder, branch representative, and other extra curriculars- leading in national level tests

Extra Curricular: One national level volunteering, Blogging website, Traveled a lot (more than 15 countries)

Long term: Be an advocate of sustainability practices by bringing the change at an executive level in a multi-national company.

Can you let me know my chances as I am from an over-represented community? MBAandBeyond MBAGuide

Thanks in advance!

Hi Caraxes hope this finds you well

I will advise against applying in the late round at INSEAD (Jan intake) unless you have a very compelling reason to do so. While your GMAT score is balanced, it is not competitive enough for late-round Indian applicants. You should target a 730+ for the next cycle.

Furthermore, since you already have an MBA, the admissions committee would want to know why you need another one in order to transition into the social impact field. It is crucial to explore your motivations further and formulate a practical plan that emphasizes the importance of an INSEAD MBA. Research the leadership positions you aspire to and examine their feeder pipelines. If your short-term goal is to move into social impact advisory roles, highlight your previous engagement in this sector on your profile. If your role at ZS was focused on healthcare, consider how you can connect your experiences and learnings from that position to your social impact goals. Through reflection on your career experiences, aim to create a compelling narrative.

If you are open to the idea of working in the US, I would suggest you add Tuck and Duke to your list although you are slightly above the ideal age segment. These schools have a good healthcare focus and ZS is a strong feeder brand. Needless to say, a high GMAT score is important for any top-tier Global MBA program. The more effort you spend on improving your score, the higher the odds will be for securing the admits and scholarships.

Feel free to write to us at mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com should you need further guidance.

Best wishes
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
pranavmitrag wrote:
Hello everyone,

Hey pranavmitrag,

You have an impressive background with solid work experience and a good GMAT score. However, you can further enhance your profile by highlighting strengths in other areas of your application.

Your work experience is noteworthy, and you can highlight your achievements such as your leadership in the Treasury department, where you were exposed to $2 billion, and your success in launching a new venture. Providing specific examples of your contributions to previous organizations and how they inform your future goals can also be beneficial. Moreover, offering more context on your career goal of transitioning into management consulting post-MBA can help demonstrate your knowledge of the industry and the skills you possess that would make you successful.

Lastly, showcasing your extracurricular activities can give a fuller picture of who you are as a person and what you are passionate about. To highlight your leadership and impact at work, provide specific examples such as identifying inefficiencies in cash management processes, motivating and inspiring a team to work collaboratively, or communicating complex financial information to non-financial stakeholders.

Regarding INSEAD's full-time MBA program, note that the average age of students is around 30, which may be a concern. However, you can still apply for their Executive MBA program, which requires applicants to have at least three years of managerial experience and an average age of 37.

If you're still interested in a full-time MBA, it's advisable to check with colleges regarding their age requirements to determine your eligibility for the program.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Caraxes wrote:

Education:

Thanks in advance!

Hey Caraxes,

You have a strong profile overall, with several impressive qualities such as your diverse international experience, passion for extracurricular activities, specific short-term and long-term goals, and a respectable GMAT score. However, there are areas that could use some attention to further strengthen your application.

To enhance your candidacy, consider providing concrete examples of your leadership skills in your essays and interviews. For instance, you could discuss projects where you successfully led a team to achieve a specific objective, such as collaborating with a multinational client or enhancing institutions worldwide. Ensure that you highlight the strategies you employed, the project's impact, and any challenges you encountered and overcame.

Additionally, you could elaborate on your experience working with ZS Associates in their consulting division and provide examples of projects where you played a leadership role and delivered meaningful outcomes for clients. Discuss your problem-solving skills and your ability to communicate complex ideas to stakeholders effectively.

Lastly, mention any initiatives you took to improve processes or procedures. For instance, you could talk about a project where you identified inefficiencies and took the initiative to streamline them. Emphasise how you collaborated with other team members to implement changes, the results you achieved, and the positive impact it had on productivity.

Overall, remember that admissions committees are looking for the human touch, so it's essential to share your passions, stories, and goals in your essays and interviews. By showcasing your leadership skills, problem-solving abilities, and passion for making an impact, you can bolster your candidacy and stand out from the competition.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GRE 1: Q170 V166
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hello, I need help evaluating INSEAD MIM admission

Nationality: Chinese
GRE: VR166 QR170 AW4
TOEFL: Reading (30), Listening (30), Speaking (21), Writing (23).

Experience: Tencent (Beijing)-- Assistant R&D Manager
China Securities ---Industry Research Intern
Bloomberg Information(Beijing)---Global Data Analytics
Ernst & Young Global Limited---Audit Intern
EY-Parthenon---PTA internship
Suzhou Jinling Nanlin---Accountant Intern
(both around 3months intern above)

Educational background:
1. Bachelor of Science: Accounting Studies
University of Exeter(UK)(Huge weakness is that my GPA is only around 3.1)
2. Bachelor of Science: Accounting
Nanjing University of Finance & Economics(China)

Short-term: Internship at a consulting firm, analyst
Long-term: primary market, fund, private placement

I have completed KIRA and am waiting for a possible interview opportunity. Since I have completed the application, I would like to know more about the follow-up help and the potential passing rate

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have a lot of experience in team work, desk analysis, fundamental analysis, presentation and daily accounting and auditing in companies in different fields. Trading in the secondary market, as well as being a project leader on campus.

But I personally feel a little anxious because you have a lot of experiences, and mine might just be a normal student life.

And I personally think my degree information is not my advantage.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Kudos
driggsace wrote:

Educational background:

I have completed KIRA and am waiting for a possible interview opportunity. Since I have completed the application, I would like to know more about the follow-up help and the potential passing rate

Thanks in advance!

driggsace hope you are doing well. I am and INSEAD alum and ex-interviewer and know a few things about INSEAD admissions :)

First, I would like to say that you have a great profile, and therefore you should not become too anxious about whether or not you may receive an invite. Trust in your capabilities if you have worked hard on your application.

Regarding your GPA, while it's not great, the reason INSEAD looks critically at GPA is to predict whether the applicant would be able to cope with the rigorous finance and quant-based academics. With multiple degrees in accounting and finance, I am sure the adcom would feel confident in your ability to sail through the harder subjects. At the same time, your GRE score is fantastic with a quant score of 170. So if INSEAD adcom loves your profile, I am certain your GPA would not pose a problem to the same extent if you hadn't had prior experience in accounting and a low GRE.

Having said the above, you do come from a competitive demographic. But rest assured, your profile will be evaluated holistically and not just on a couple of parameters that may not be your strongest points. For now, all you could do is wait and hope for the best.

Feel free to reach out should you need further guidance
Aanchal Sahni
MBAGuideConsulting
WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ |LinkedIn | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,
thank you so much for your timely reply.
You have given me great confidence and courage. But could I ask a few more questions? As an early R5 applicant, I submitted my application on April 8th, completed kira on 15th, officer needed my official scores on 21st, and received GRE and language scores on 27th. It has been a month since the application deadline of R5 (May 17th). I remember that in the enrollment video, I said that the enrollment cycle may be 6-7 weeks, which is not much for me (but at the same time, there seems to be no movement of the applicants with my group. But I only know about 2-3 people.) Should I briefly explain the situation and contact my admissions officer? At the same time, I know that about 30 students more will be enrolled in 2023(from 131 to 161), but now the French campus has been fully occupied, and the qualified students can only choose to wait or start from Singapore. Will this make the final round of places more difficult to challenge?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 615 [0]
Send PM
driggsace wrote:
Hello,
thank you so much for your timely reply.
You have given me great confidence and courage. But could I ask a few more questions? As an early R5 applicant, I submitted my application on April 8th, completed kira on 15th, officer needed my official scores on 21st, and received GRE and language scores on 27th. It has been a month since the application deadline of R5 (May 17th). I remember that in the enrollment video, I said that the enrollment cycle may be 6-7 weeks, which is not much for me (but at the same time, there seems to be no movement of the applicants with my group. But I only know about 2-3 people.) Should I briefly explain the situation and contact my admissions officer? At the same time, I know that about 30 students more will be enrolled in 2023(from 131 to 161), but now the French campus has been fully occupied, and the qualified students can only choose to wait or start from Singapore. Will this make the final round of places more difficult to challenge?

Hi driggsace
I am sorry I do not fully understand your concern, especially that you received your GRE and Language scores much after your Kira submission. Hoping that you have correctly and timely submitted all the elements the adcom required to evaluate your application.

Regarding campus, you will have to check with INSEAD later if they will give you the opportunity to experience FBL life even if you start in SGP. Mostly, the school is accommodating.
But from what I knew, the MiM classes begin in FBL in the early periods and then the cohort moves to SGP.
In any case, please feel free to send me message in my inbox if you have any further questions.

Aanchal Sahni
MBAGuideConsulting
WEBSITE: https://mbaguideconsulting.com/ |LinkedIn | Message: +91 9971200927| email- mbaguideconsulting@gmail.com
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Caraxes wrote:

Education:

Thanks in advance!

Hi Caraxes

Great to have you here! Your experiences in higher education sector consulting and aspirations towards sustainability practices caught our attention. Here's our detailed review:

- Your academic performance is on track. Your GPA and rank from SRM Institute, coupled with a strong GMAT score, speak well for your intellectual abilities. Your variety of extracurricular activities and extensive travel experiences add further depth to your profile. However, your GMAT score is on the edge. You should retake and aim for a 730+ and higher if possible.
- We appreciate the clarity in your short-term and long-term goals. Your intention to move into a leadership position in a social impact consulting firm and eventually advocate sustainability practices at the executive level is intriguing. The challenge lies in demonstrating how your past experiences align with these goals and how an MBA can bridge the gap.
- Six years of experience with exposure to diverse international work environments and leadership experiences enhance your profile significantly. However, you will need to explain the need for a second MBA.
- We recommend focusing on your unique experiences and achievements that distinguish you from other applicants. How have you made a difference in your role? How have you navigated and learned from challenges? Answering these will be key in your application. It's equally important to tie these experiences back to your goals and explain how an MBA aligns with your career trajectory.
- We suggest that you delve deeper into your long-term goal of advocating for sustainability as these aren't very clear yet. Though INSEAD has only limited space to talk about your goals in the application, these are extensively discussed in interviews.

We trust this feedback will prove valuable as you navigate the MBA admissions process. Feel free to reach out if you have further questions or concerns. We're here to support your journey. Best of luck!
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
driggsace wrote:

Educational background:

Thanks in advance!

Hi driggsace

It's a pleasure to connect with you. We appreciate your interest in the INSEAD MIM program. Here's our take on your profile:

- Your GRE score is quite decent, which should make up for the lower GPA. Your extracurricular activities aren't mentioned, so if there's anything noteworthy there, make sure to highlight them in your application. Your Master's and international exposure definitely helps and will give you an advantage in the INSEAD admissions process.

- Your goals need more precision. You've mentioned interest in primary markets, funds, and private placements. Aiming for these fields is a start, but you should delve deeper into the specifics. What exactly do you want to do in these areas, and why? How does your past experience connect with these goals?

- Your internships are quite diversified. This can be seen as a strength, given that it gives you a well-rounded view of the industry. But it's critical to communicate how these diverse experiences fit into your career narrative.

- At this point, focus on preparing for potential interviews, without worrying too much about pass rates for the interview. Be ready to discuss your experiences, accomplishments, and how they have shaped your career goals. Also, be prepared to discuss your lower GPA openly, focusing on how you've grown since.

We hope this gives you some helpful insight. Don't hesitate to reach out if you need more guidance. Best of luck with your application!
School Moderator - INSEAD Masters
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 147
GMAT 1: 460 Q31 V21 (Online)
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
Applying for INSEAD MiM and I am 23 years of age as of now, I am retaking the GMAT soon in a month. Scored a 460 on the official after a more than year of preparation and trying again.

Education

I graduated from D.G. Ruparel College, Mumbai University, with a Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) degree in 2020.
I received a GPA of 8.33/10

Work Experience

I have less than a year of full-time work experience as an MDP Associate at Morningstar India. In this role, I have gained experience in conducting in-depth research and analysis on venture capital deals and funding and providing this information on the front-end platform of Pitchbook Data part of Morningstar

Internship Experience

I have 3 internships in relevant fields:

Corporate Affairs & Sustainability Intern at Nestle India: In this role, I was responsible for benchmarking projects for the CSR department. I also conducted research and analysis on CSR projects in the South India that contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). I created a report on the benchmarking projects, which compared and evaluated sustainability projects implemented by different companies.
Category Management Intern at Infra. Market: In this role, I updated product data using Excel to create a database for the upcoming E-Commerce platform of the company. I also worked with the Founder's Strategy Team to understand the B2C segment and create extremely customer-centric databases. I worked as a team member in the sole E-Commerce Catalogues Operations team in India.
Financial Services/Customer Acquisition Intern at IIFL Securities: In this role, I completed the project on “Financial Management”, along with MBA Candidates and gained insights on the Indian stock market. I also gained knowledge about Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management for the clients at IIFL. I acquired new customers to open Demat Accounts on IIFL Securities Brokerage Platform. I worked with InvestorQ (IIFL subsidiary app) developers to address bugs and reviewing the app in the Alpha and Beta Phase.

International Exposure

I have participated in two international programs:

* Imperial College London Summer School (remote): In this program, I learned complex strategic concepts and frameworks and their impact on business. I also gained insight into key skills and analytical frameworks for effective consulting, consulting projects and delivering value. I learned effective communication and collaborated with the international classmates to work on case studies.
* Harvard Project for Asian and International Relations (HPAIR): In this program, I attended the HPAIR Conference remotely as an Indian delegate selected from a pool of 9100 applications by the Harvard team. I got the opportunity to hear from former Heads of State in Asia, Fortune 500 business executives, renowned celebrities, and thought leaders driving high impact in the social sector. I engaged with delegates and leaders from 61 countries.

Positions/Volunteering

I have held leadership positions in two organizations:

* School Moderator, GMAT Club, MiM Forum: In this role, I kept the thread/chat group updated with events, deadlines, materials etc., kept the decision tracker updated, and represented GMAT Club in interacting with admissions committees.
* Human Resources Development Director, Rotaract Club, Thane: In this role, I increased membership from 8 to 40 in 2 years since inception. I collaborated in and analysed member participation across 30 projects.

Awards and Extracurricular Activities

I have won several awards and have participated in a variety of extracurricular activities.

* Awards:
* Bright Network Internship Experience UK Participant Consulting & Investment Banking Jun 2021 - Jul 2021
* 1st Rank in the Professional Certification Course in Smartphone Repairing from Kohinoor Technical Institute Jul 2018
* Two-time Finalists in Counter-Strike 1.6 Tournament at DotTech Fest at D.G. Ruparel College Jan 2020
* Among 10 National Winners of CATKing’s Gang at “A DAY AT IIM A” organized by The Red Brick Summit, IIM A Oct 2019
* Top 10 college participants in the City Finals - Mumbai NSE FinQuiz 2017-18 from Mumbai city Feb 2018
* Achieved 1st Rank in Maharashtra in Information Technology (MS-CIT) Examination; secured 94 % marks Jun 2017

Extracurricular Activities:
* E-Sports
* Duolingo (French – completed 1000+ days)
* Audiobooks 700+ on Blinklist
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  59   60   61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   
Moderator:
MBA Admissions Consultant
3701 posts