Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Human Resources, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.9
WE:Human Resources (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:General Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 117 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Re: Insead September 2014 Intake- Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Lol. Congrats. Regardless you will still be in France.

ksh89 wrote:
From India too and got dinged - coordinator HS.

Good luck guys. On the positive side, I got into HEC today.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Received an invite from HS few hours ago! :) Based in Bangalore, India. I had such an unproductive day at work today
Now to prepare for the interviews....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
WE:Corporate Finance (Investment Banking)
Send PM
sanggmat wrote:
Received an invite from HS few hours ago! :) Based in Bangalore, India. I had such an unproductive day at work today
Now to prepare for the interviews....

Congrats! Now on to the hard part.. haha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, International Business
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Oh my god, I'm so glad I looked at this thread! Thought they were being late in the interview decision - but after seeing that so many here got a reply already, I ran a search in my Spam folder and there it was! Got the e-mail back on the 6th!

Congrats to all who got an invite, and I wish you all the best! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, General Management
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Anybody can update on the total number of ppl registered on mbaconnect at the moment?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
zicko123 wrote:
Anybody can update on the total number of ppl registered on mbaconnect at the moment?

Up to now, 175 registered people
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: Tackling a New Language

The INSEAD language policy was a unique quality that attracted me to the school. This was a school not claiming to be diverse, but proving it in their rigorous requirements. Since I had 2 entry languages I didn’t put much thought into the exit requirement until I was accepted and began the transition…and then realized, wait a minute, I have to learn another language!

I took INSEAD’s advice to start early on my exit requirement. Well, I guess I’m always looking for an excuse to do something different and I figured the only way for me to make decent progress would be to immerse myself completely.  For 2 months prior to the program start, my husband and I lived in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico so I could attend a language school in the city. I’m proud to say that 8 weeks later I rarely give blank stares when I’m asked a sentence in Spanish, and have learned a ton.  There is something to say about the mental challenge and satisfaction you get when you can actually string a set of words together in a new language. I’ll be attempting to satisfy the exit requirement by taking the test during orientation. Wish me luck!

As a native English speaker and with English being so common worldwide, it is easy to forget that many people you are communicating with have learned “the hard way”. And although my motivation to start studying a third language was to satisfy an exit requirement, in the end it has provided me with incredible insight on a new culture and a keen interest on continuing to develop my language skills.  Something I simply didn’t make a priority before joining INSEAD. So if you’re like me and frankly a bit intimidated about attacking that exit requirement, just keep in mind that a rewarding experience is worth the struggle…and you might just uncover a new interest.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
Has any R2 applicant received the interviewer details yet? Any idea how long would it take before we get the info?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, General Management
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
kint92 wrote:
zicko123 wrote:

Up to now, 175 registered people

Thank you for the update!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V48
Send PM
Just thought I'd jump in here... Got an invite from VM on the 9th, UK applicant . Waiting for interview info in London. Any one waiting here? I am travelling for work for a week, should I let VM know? How does it work, do they give you details of the person and then you get in touch, or do they give you time and place?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
unileeds wrote:
Just thought I'd jump in here... Got an invite from VM on the 9th, UK applicant . Waiting for interview info in London. Any one waiting here? I am travelling for work for a week, should I let VM know? How does it work, do they give you details of the person and then you get in touch, or do they give you time and place?

They usually give you the interviewers' contact details and you are supposed to get in touch with them to schedule the interview as per mutual convenience.
I'm based in UK as well with VM coordinator and supposed to be traveling to Denmark for couple of weeks sometime soon.
I think I'll wait to hear and try to schedule the interviews first. If it doesn't work out then I'll get in touch with VM again.

Hope it helps !
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V48
Send PM
docks wrote:
unileeds wrote:

They usually give you the interviewers' contact details and you are supposed to get in touch with them to schedule the interview as per mutual convenience.
I'm based in UK as well with VM coordinator and supposed to be traveling to Denmark for couple of weeks sometime soon.
I think I'll wait to hear and try to schedule the interviews first. If it doesn't work out then I'll get in touch with VM again.

Hope it helps !

Ah great to hear from you. Wonder how many other from Uk got a call? I'll let you know if I get any interview details, and would appreciate if you let me know when you get them too. I keep frantically checking email accounts and Spam folders..
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
unileeds wrote:
docks wrote:
unileeds wrote:

Hope it helps !

Ah great to hear from you. Wonder how many other from Uk got a call? I'll let you know if I get any interview details, and would appreciate if you let me know when you get them too. I keep frantically checking email accounts and Spam folders..

Waiting on this email is not nearly as bad as waiting on that invite email !

I drop a line as I receive something.
Intern
Intern
Schools: IE Nov'15
Send PM
:( dinged a few days back..wondering if its getting too late now from other schools as well..I have a decent profile in engineering with a low GMAT of 630...no sure wat to do..any suggestions on where to apply??preferably a 1 yr course..Response would be appreciated
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.3
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Other)
Send PM
I just received an email from TC with information on the two interviewers. I have to complete my interviews before Feb 8th.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
unileeds wrote:
docks wrote:
unileeds wrote:

Hope it helps !

I was notified of my interview invite in the morning on January 6th and haven't received interviewer details yet. I've spoken to VM previously and she said basically just to sit tight, you should hear something usually a week after or a few days after that. Will keep you posted when I get interviewer details though!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
shahin023 wrote:
:( dinged a few days back..wondering if its getting too late now from other schools as well..I have a decent profile in engineering with a low GMAT of 630...no sure wat to do..any suggestions on where to apply??preferably a 1 yr course..Response would be appreciated

Suggestion would be to significantly raise your GMAT score, especially for a top 10 school
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  48   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts