GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Jun 2018, 08:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Interview Attire (tie color?)

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

1 KUDOS received
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 660 Q42 V39
Interview Attire (tie color?) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2017, 17:11
Hey folks,

I think there have been a number of in-depth posts about MBA interview attire, but thought I'd ask a couple of specific questions as I have interviews later this week at Kellogg and Indiana.

1.) I will be wearing a well-fitting suit that is a grayish navy/steel type of color, but more on the navy side. As far as shoes go, are light brown (British tan) oxfords acceptable for an interview? To be more specific, they are the Allen Edmonds "Strand." Or is this too bright/flashy? I have plain black shoes I can wear as a substitute if needed.

2.) Tie color. Is it tacky to wear a tie that matches the school color? i.e. for Kellogg wear a white shirt with a purple tie with simple dot pattern?

3.) I have a watch from a high-end brand but it is very simple. Should I leave this at home?

Thanks!
Expert Post
MBA Section Director
D
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: Interview Attire (tie color?) [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2017, 21:35
stp015 wrote:
Hey folks,

I think there have been a number of in-depth posts about MBA interview attire, but thought I'd ask a couple of specific questions as I have interviews later this week at Kellogg and Indiana.

1.) I will be wearing a well-fitting suit that is a grayish navy/steel type of color, but more on the navy side. As far as shoes go, are light brown (British tan) oxfords acceptable for an interview? To be more specific, they are the Allen Edmonds "Strand." Or is this too bright/flashy? I have plain black shoes I can wear as a substitute if needed.

2.) Tie color. Is it tacky to wear a tie that matches the school color? i.e. for Kellogg wear a white shirt with a purple tie with simple dot pattern?

3.) I have a watch from a high-end brand but it is very simple. Should I leave this at home?

Thanks!

Here's a detailed discussion on this topic... https://gmatclub.com/forum/jb-s-guide-t ... 01527.html

Hope that helps!

Chances of Getting Admitted After an Interview [Data Crunch]

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 09:37
Hey buddy,

I was paying attention to your post regarding the attire and wondered what choice you made?

Did you go with the tan or the black shoe? Tie color? and watch or no?

Also, how did the interview go? Were the questions asked similar to those that you anticipated going in? Any curveballs? How did you gel with the interviewer?
Current Student
B
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2017, 10:20
Hi, I think it's the same as with job interviews.
I would try not to be too different, but I don't think people necesarily wear corporate colors.
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2017, 21:30
You def want to treat the MBA interview dress just like a job interview. Keep it simple and safe here

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Manager
Manager
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q36 V39
GMAT 2: 650 Q47 V33

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2018, 14:47
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
You def want to treat the MBA interview dress just like a job interview. Keep it simple and safe here

Honestly, I attended a number of job interviews wearing business casual or something in b/w, like a suite but no tie, I don't think it was ever a factor...
What I read in a related topic scares me, are you serious about cliffs and leather sole shoes?
Re: Interview Attire (tie color?)   [#permalink] 20 Jan 2018, 14:47

Interview Attire (tie color?)

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Hatakekakashi

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap