It is currently 15 Dec 2017, 21:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Is business school fulfilling?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 16

GPA: 3.66
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Is business school fulfilling? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2012, 00:17
see topic.

Kudos [?]: 16 [0], given: 16

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Is business school fulfilling? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2012, 03:28
It just depends on the personal thoughts .Some people think it is a good way to be successful.Financial course can teach us how to invest etc.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Schools: Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2012, 14:49
Yes....see answer

Kellogg Class of 2010...still active and willing to help. However, I do not do profile reviews, don't offer predictions on chances and am far to busy to review essays, so save the energy of writing me a PM seeking help for these. If I don't respond to a PM that is not one of the previously mentioned trash can destined messages, please don't take it personally I get so many messages I have a hard to responding to most. The more interesting, compelling, or humorous you message the more likely I am to respond.
GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 765 [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2012, 08:22
Depends on your definition of fulfilling I suppose...

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2012, 04:46
Personally, I'm finding it unfulfilling in some ways and fulfilling in others.

Any fantasies of a group intellectually curious people, all interested in learning and self improvement, should go out the window! Sure there are some of those, but the reality is that many people go on to further education for many reasons. I've found the environment similar to undergraduate courses.

Once the momentum of getting accepted is gone, I've found my only intellectual outlet to be conversations with the lectures, rather than with my fellow students.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 8

Location: Silicon Valley via Russia, China, Canada and Wharton/Lauder
Schools: Wharton/Lauder (Mandarin Chinese)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2012, 00:40
Depends on what you make of it, and on the school/student body combinations. At Wharton there is a legend that classes graduating in an even year are more active and generally more "on fire" than those graduating in odd years. While this is certainly not entirely true, the idea is that every class is a different group of people and group dynamics play out one way or another.

Two years out of school, I can confidently say it was an extremely satisfying and fulfilling experience: a strong, defining life changer of an experience.

Rukuku.com–Interactive Online Courses
http://www.rukuku.com

Wharton/Lauder blog
http://www.onefootprint.com/lauderwharton/

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 53 [0], given: 8

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 13

GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2012, 07:31
meshell wrote:
Personally, I'm finding it unfulfilling in some ways and fulfilling in others.

Any fantasies of a group intellectually curious people, all interested in learning and self improvement, should go out the window! Sure there are some of those, but the reality is that many people go on to further education for many reasons. I've found the environment similar to undergraduate courses.

Once the momentum of getting accepted is gone, I've found my only intellectual outlet to be conversations with the lectures, rather than with my fellow students.

where do you go to school?

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 13

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE '15 (M)
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2012, 08:18
Can i add a question here. What is the typical BS week like. Is it true to get up really early and study until after midnight? If i google and scann through BS WEbsites i do see a easy going timetable. Does the schedule fulfill you?

1 KUDOS received
Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 52 [1], given: 14

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2012, 20:20
This post received
KUDOS
MSoS wrote:
Can i add a question here. What is the typical BS week like. Is it true to get up really early and study until after midnight? If i google and scann through BS WEbsites i do see a easy going timetable. Does the schedule fulfill you?

Well first year sort of sucks. Get up at 7 am, go to discussion group for an hour, then go to three classes (1 hour 20 minutes each with sneaking a lunch in), work on a field project, work on my startup, go to a speaker/event/class in the evening, and then somehow find time to get about 5-6 hours of studying in which takes me to about 2 am. Rinse and repeat 5 days a week. That's not even including the conferences on the weekend, time spent with friends and significant others, and social events. I estimate about 80 hours a week for academics and then another 20+ hours a week for all the other stuff. Sleep... I miss sleep.

Now is it fulfilling? That's a different question entirely and not related at all to your schedule. You can be an investment banker or a consultant and work crazy hours and not feel fulfilled. Am I glad I decided to go back to school for an MBA despite how tiring it is? You betcha. I have a much clearer view of my future now and it's pretty exciting.

FindIt - http://www.getfindit.com

My blog - http://www.shoescount.com

Kudos [?]: 52 [1], given: 14

Manager
Manager

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE '15 (M)
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 29 Feb 2012, 22:30
Thanks, that is what i have expected. +1

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Schools: HBS(R2 - IN!!!), Kellogg MMM (R2 - IN!!), Stanford GSB (R2-DING), MIT Sloan (R2-DING)
WE 1: 8.5 Yrs Microprocessor Design

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2012, 20:23
Wow, whenever I want to reply to a post, Eskimoroll somehow beats me to it. That said, his assessment is spot on. The MBA (at least at HBS), is exhausting, you're constantly busy, frequently tired, and you have to make gut wrenching decisions about whether to go see Wynton Marsalis talk or attend a recruiting event. You will have many high his and low lows...

That said, the experience is well worth it. You will have conversations you never dreamed about having, meet amazing people (peers, professors, speakers, VPs and CEOs), and possibly travel to all sorts of interesting places around the world (Iceland, India and more). In particular, if you're not happy with the path your career is on, B-school will open up new paths - but it's up to you to walk down those paths - noone is going to force your hand.

Kudos [?]: 9 [0], given: 7

Senior Manager
Senior Manager

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 16

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 15 Mar 2012, 21:46
Depends on the person whose asking this question. If you have decided to be in a B school then you have already answered the why in your essays. If you still dont know the reason then you are in a seat that belongs to some other deserving candidate

Giving +1 kudos is a better way of saying 'Thank You'.

Kudos [?]: 332 [0], given: 16

Re: Is business school fulfilling?   [#permalink] 15 Mar 2012, 21:46

Is business school fulfilling?

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap