[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation : ISB - Page 189
Last visit was: 26 Jul 2024, 19:57 It is currently 26 Jul 2024, 19:57
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hey.
Really appreciate if my profile could be evaluated.

2 year work ex. 1yr as an analyst in a healthcare data science MNC and 1 yr in sales and operations

GMAT : 710

Background : B.E. and MSc. from BITS.
CG : 7.2

XII : 84%
X : 9.6 CG = 91.6%

Extracurricular:

Participated in professional Football league.
Other sports (Table tennis, athletics, futsal) awards from high school till work
And teaching high school students.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello ArthMathur,
Your experience is little on the lower side for ISB, but I guess it would be 3 years upon matriculation so should be ok. It will also do you no harm to wait another year.
In your WE, you haven’t talked about your leadership experience, impact at work, so it will be very difficult to comment for me. Another thing that jumps out to me is that you moved from sales and ops to analytics. You may want to address that in your application.
I have also no sense of your post-MBA goals from your post. It will be very difficult to comment any further without this information.
ArthMathur wrote:
Hey.
Really appreciate if my profile could be evaluated.

2 year work ex. 1yr as an analyst in a healthcare data science MNC and 1 yr in sales and operations

GMAT : 710

Background : B.E. and MSc. from BITS.
CG : 7.2

XII : 84%
X : 9.6 CG = 91.6%

Extracurricular:

Participated in professional Football league.
Other sports (Table tennis, athletics, futsal) awards from high school till work
And teaching high school students.

Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
ArthMathur wrote:

Hi ArthMathur, in which field/domain was your experience in sales and operations?

Also, you've not mentioned anything on your goals front (motivation for MBA).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi ,
Please review my profile for ISB

X-75%
XII-79%
Graduation-3.6 GPA Staffordshire University
2 years of IT Experience
I have been in working in CRPF since last 6 years and have been posted in Kashmir for 3.5 years, where I led a team of 40 personnel. After that I have been working with the Technical Wing of CRPF since last 1.5 years.
I want to know what should be my GMAT score to get into ISB.
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1042 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Expert Reply
KartikeyaRai wrote:
Hi ,

X-75%
XII-79%
2 years of IT Experience
I have been in working in CRPF since last 6 years and have been posted in Kashmir for 3.5 years, where I led a team of 40 personnel. After that I have been working with the Technical Wing of CRPF since last 1.5 years.

Hi KartikeyaRai,

CRPF gives you a big edge in terms of diversity and I'm sure the class (and all of us here) can learn from your experiences at Kashmir. The key for you would be define you short and long-term goals + the reasons for moving out of CRPF. Regarding Gmat, anything over 670 should complement your overall repertoire.
Could you please share your post-PGP goals and a bit more color on what you do at the Technical wing?

Cheers,
Manan
Co-founder, S4G | ISB Class of 2013
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
KartikeyaRai wrote:
Hi ,

X-75%
XII-79%
2 years of IT Experience

Hi Kartikeya,
The strongest point in your profile is the professional experience from two vastly different domains viz. Govt (CRPF) and IT. The CRPF background will definitely give you an edge over other applicants in terms of the diversity that you can bring to the MBA cohort. However, your total experience (~ 8 yrs) is above the avg. work experience of the batch at ISB. Considering all these points you should aim for a 700+ score to be in a comfortable position for getting an interview call. You also need to substantiate your GMAT score with a strong application to get an admit. With your strong people management skills, operations manager role in e-commerce firms can be a good post-MBA goal for you.

Feel free to register for a free admission/career counselling session if you have further queries.
All the best!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi KartikeyaRai

Your profile sounds good. With experience in CRPF and a stint in Kashmir, I am sure you can demonstrate appropriate leadership examples through projects at work. With 8 years of experience, 680+ should be a good GMAT score.

Once GMAT is out of the way, we can help come up with a strategy and plan for your essays, particularly regarding your goals. Profiles such as yours need to be handled differently to ensure that they are differentiated in your candidate pool.

Please apply to the one year IIM programs as well, they will be a good fit.

KartikeyaRai wrote:
Hi ,

X-75%
XII-79%
2 years of IT Experience
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 510
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Thanks

Originally posted by shubhampathak1sp on 28 Jul 2020, 03:52.
Last edited by shubhampathak1sp on 05 Aug 2020, 04:19, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
GPA: 3.25
WE:Marketing (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Hi! Would request a profile evaluation for ISB PGP 2021-22. Intend to apply by R1.

1. GMAT Score: 640 in GMAT Online, faced technical glitch. Retaking.

2. Work Experience: 2 years as Marketing Executive, 1.5 years as Assistant Manager Marcom, both at an Indian hospitality firm.
6+ months independent consulting/freelancing in Marketing.

3. Industry: Marketing

4. Academics: NMIMS BBA 3.24/4 GPA, Management Development Programs in Marketing from SPJIMR and IIM-Bangalore

5. Background (Engineering / Commerce / Arts etc.): Class XII Commerce 88.33%

6. Community Development: Part of Rotaract Club in Class XI and XII, Part of educational project in NMIMS involving teaching children of government schools in Mumbai

7. Leadership: Leadership role as AM Marcom at hospitality firm. Build and lead the internal marketing team from being the sole member of the team to self + 3 employees reporting to me. In charge of various projects across the country.
Setting up independent Marketing practice.

8. Interests: Travel, first solo travel at the age of 20. Written various blog articles based on my travel.

9. Other: Helped in cofounding of a fashion and lifestyle blog, worked on content creation and styling. Completed DELF A1 and A2 level French language certification. Done courses on luxury management and brand management on Coursera, Inbound marketing on Hubspot.

Appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Best,
N

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Neha3011

Your profile seems strong from what we see so far. Good management experience can set you apart and set the foundation for a strong profile. Extracurriculars as a part of schooling may be a little outdated, but the blogging stint seems intriguing. The main issue is probably your GMAT score, a 640 will definitely pull you down. Since you are re-taking, try to push the score as close to 700 as possible.

A higher GMAT score and well-articulated essays will definitely see you through.

Neha3011 wrote:
Hi! Would request a profile evaluation for ISB PGP 2021-22. Intend to apply by R1.

1. GMAT Score: 640 in GMAT Online, faced technical glitch. Retaking.

2. Work Experience: 2 years as Marketing Executive, 1.5 years as Assistant Manager Marcom, both at an Indian hospitality firm.
6+ months independent consulting/freelancing in Marketing.

3. Industry: Marketing

4. Academics: NMIMS BBA 3.24/4 GPA, Management Development Programs in Marketing from SPJIMR and IIM-Bangalore

5. Background (Engineering / Commerce / Arts etc.): Class XII Commerce 88.33%

6. Community Development: Part of Rotaract Club in Class XI and XII, Part of educational project in NMIMS involving teaching children of government schools in Mumbai

7. Leadership: Leadership role as AM Marcom at hospitality firm. Build and lead the internal marketing team from being the sole member of the team to self + 3 employees reporting to me. In charge of various projects across the country.
Setting up independent Marketing practice.

8. Interests: Travel, first solo travel at the age of 20. Written various blog articles based on my travel.

9. Other: Helped in cofounding of a fashion and lifestyle blog, worked on content creation and styling. Completed DELF A1 and A2 level French language certification. Done courses on luxury management and brand management on Coursera, Inbound marketing on Hubspot.

Appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Best,
N

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi shubhampathak1sp

Strong academics and some good work with prominent clients which definitely sets you apart. Extracurriculars during college are good, but you should also look at how you spend your non-work time currently and make sure you present a well-rounded profile. Consulting is a good fit for your goals and overall, we think that you have a strong profile.

As next steps, choose the correct professional and personal stories that would capture the attention of admissions committee and differentiate your profile. Make sure your profile is not too work-heavy and you come across as a well-balanced leader.

shubhampathak1sp wrote:
Hi,

Request you to review my profile for ISB

Age - 30 Years
GMAT - 710 (Q49, V39)
X-82%
XII-82.6%
Graduation- B.Tech DIT, Dehradun - 64.4% with specialization in Electronics & Communication
Post Graduation - Master of Business Economics (University of Delhi) - 51% with specialization in Marketing & Analytics
CAT - 2011: 94%ile to get into PG.

Post MBA goals - to move into consulting/strategy profile.

Work Ex - 5Years 6 Months (All work ex is after post graduation as I did PG just after BTech)
1) Analyst - Accenture Consulting (4 Years)
Worked for different clients (Retail, CPG, Telecom, Healthcare) based in US, LATAM & EU and provided analytics based consulting. Managed projects end to end & worked in individual capacity role as well. (2 years of team leading role)

2) Assistant Manager - Pernod Ricard India (1 year 2 months)
Worked in Brand analysis profile to evaluate market performance of all the products of the company & suggest strategies for market entry, market expansion opportunities to all the brand managers. (Individual contributor role aligned to GM-Marketing)

3) Manager Analytics - EXL Analytics - 6 months & ongoing
Working as analytics manager to lead a project in delivering analytics based consulting for US based client. (Team Lead role)

Overall I'd say I've 5 years of end to end client management experience across different industries.

Extra curricular -
1) Won 4-5 marketing, analytics & consulting inter-B school competitions during PG.
2) Created marketing club at PG - organized various marketing competitions, brand quizzes etc.
3) Created College's social media pages at PG and attracted lots of followers which helped in creating awareness for the otherwise niche course.
4) Quite active is sports but no major certificate or accomplishment as such.

Hobbies - Photography, travelling.

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 510
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
Send PM
Thanks for the guidance.

Just wanted to check
1) If GMAT score is fine or should I try for more?
2) How does age fare in the final equation?

Thanks.

Apphelp wrote:
Hi shubhampathak1sp

Strong academics and some good work with prominent clients which definitely sets you apart. Extracurriculars during college are good, but you should also look at how you spend your non-work time currently and make sure you present a well-rounded profile. Consulting is a good fit for your goals and overall, we think that you have a strong profile.

As next steps, choose the correct professional and personal stories that would capture the attention of admissions committee and differentiate your profile. Make sure your profile is not too work-heavy and you come across as a well-balanced leader.

shubhampathak1sp wrote:
Hi,

Request you to review my profile for ISB

Age - 30 Years
GMAT - 710 (Q49, V39)
X-82%
XII-82.6%
Graduation- B.Tech DIT, Dehradun - 64.4% with specialization in Electronics & Communication
Post Graduation - Master of Business Economics (University of Delhi) - 51% with specialization in Marketing & Analytics
CAT - 2011: 94%ile to get into PG.

Post MBA goals - to move into consulting/strategy profile.

Work Ex - 5Years 6 Months (All work ex is after post graduation as I did PG just after BTech)
1) Analyst - Accenture Consulting (4 Years)
Worked for different clients (Retail, CPG, Telecom, Healthcare) based in US, LATAM & EU and provided analytics based consulting. Managed projects end to end & worked in individual capacity role as well. (2 years of team leading role)

2) Assistant Manager - Pernod Ricard India (1 year 2 months)
Worked in Brand analysis profile to evaluate market performance of all the products of the company & suggest strategies for market entry, market expansion opportunities to all the brand managers. (Individual contributor role aligned to GM-Marketing)

3) Manager Analytics - EXL Analytics - 6 months & ongoing
Working as analytics manager to lead a project in delivering analytics based consulting for US based client. (Team Lead role)

Overall I'd say I've 5 years of end to end client management experience across different industries.

Extra curricular -
1) Won 4-5 marketing, analytics & consulting inter-B school competitions during PG.
2) Created marketing club at PG - organized various marketing competitions, brand quizzes etc.
3) Created College's social media pages at PG and attracted lots of followers which helped in creating awareness for the otherwise niche course.
4) Quite active is sports but no major certificate or accomplishment as such.

Hobbies - Photography, travelling.

Thanks in advance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
nishg13 wrote:
Hi please review my profile for ISB MBA program:

Back ground: Indian, Male, 29
Education: B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from JNTU-K university , Andhra Pradesh
Bachelors: 69%
12th: 92%
10th: 90%

Expected GMAT Score: 650 - 680

Domain: R&D Dept - Automotive Sector
Experience: 8 Years
No. of companies : 2 (including the current one)

Job description:

Working in Mercedes-Benz R&D India as Senior Design Engineer

Job Profile : Design components for high performance division (sports cars)
Working on next generation technologies for electric sports cars

Professional Achievements:
1. Best employee (Quarterly based awards)
2. Co-Author for a Patent
3. Youngest employee to represent my (previous) company auto Expo (International Exhibition)

Extracurricular:
1. Participated in international workshop organised by IIM-B
2. Won some competitions during college in singing
3. Worked as Automotive Journalist (passion based work - no pay - no certificate)

Hobbies :
1. Long distance touring on motorbikes
2. Test riding of cars and bikes

International Exposure:
Professional: I have international exposure, in terms of deputation. I have worked with various clients across the globe.

Dear nishg13,

Thank you for sharing your profile.

I am an ISB alum, CO14, and together with my team have been working with applicants like yours for many years. Below is our evaluation of your candidature.

GMAT score: You need to aim to hit a 690-710

Academics: Average, the B Tech aggregate is below par

Work Experience: Good

Pros: Working with a brand like Mercedes and being involved in niche segment of <EV>+<Sports Cars> is definitely a plus and if portrayed appropriately, will definitely help you mark among the other applicants from Auto industry.

Filing patents and writing journals shows you have deep subject matter knowledge, which will be appreciated by the adcom.

Cons: It seems from the brief that you have performed in solo capacity in most of your career. This can be interpreted as lack of team management and people skills.

You will need to clearly demarcate in your application how you have demonstrated leadership skills at work and thrived in team setting.

Extracurricular: Average.

Hobbies: Average. Shows your passion and profession are intertwined.

Overall, I would recommend you to get that 690+ mark and then draft a compelling application showcasing how you will add value to the ISB cohort and how you have demonstrated leadership traits at workplace and otherwise.

Please feel free to reach out to us at Arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com in case you seek support.

Cheers
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Aspirant69 wrote:
Hello, Kindly evaluate my profile :

GMAT Score: 720

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering and secured 84.3%.
12th standard: secured 88.4% from Science stream from ISC Board in 2013.
10th Standard: secured 92.7% from ICSE board in 2011.

Work Experience:
Working as a Data Analyst and Auditor at Wipro Technologies for 35 months.
I have automated many processes which were manually done before
I have won "Employee of the Month" two months.
I am leading a team of 2 in the project.

Extra Curricular Activities after college:
Active member at Toastmasters.
Social Media Manager for an NGO for past 5 months.

Projects done in college:
Universal 3D Printer
Responsibilities: Designed and supervised development of 3D printer to recast plastic into objects.
Provided solutions to requirements like Designing, Integration of components, etc
Achievements: Published paper on the same research in international recognized Journal

Smart Voting System
Responsibilities: Designed and assembled components for a three way authentication system for voting
to prevent fraudulent practices.
Achievements: Published paper on the same in Journal of Advanced Research in Dynamically and Control
Systems Journal.

Other Extra Curricular Activities done:
Held office of Management Head of Energy and Environment Protection Club from 2015-
Held responsibility of Sponsorship Team at The Electronics Club during the Cultural fest of college in 2016.
Lead and supervised Development Team for projects like 3D printer and Carbon Footprint Calculation
Mentored Team for successful development of “ Heart Rate Monitor” in the Annual Expo of my college club.
Secured 1st prize in intra-state Ideas presentation on City planning organized by U.P State Biodiversity
Board in 2012.
Winner of National level essay competition organized by CCI in 2012.

Hello Aspirant69,

I am an ISB alum, CO14, and together with my team have been working with applicants like yours for many years. Below is our evaluation of your candidature.

GMAT score: Above Average

Academics: Above Average, higher aggregate percentage definitely helps.

Work Experience: Average

It is not clear why you decided to start career in software when you were interested/involved in a lot of activities aligned with your branch of Engineering ECE. You need to explain the rationale behind this move, else, ad coms will see this is a forced moved due to lack of better options.

There are a lot of people who apply to ISB from the likes of Wipro, TCS, HCL etc. In order to stand out in the competitive pool, you will need to demonstrate how you have contributed to the organization during your tenure, what experiences did you derive, which will help you to contribute to the ISB classroom, and what was the business value – tangible and intangible, achieved because of your automation jobs.

Extracurricular: Average. It seems that you were involved in lot of activities during your undegraduation days, but somehow post that you have become unidimensional as you entered your professional life.

Considering the above pointers, and explicitly showing a transition from your current experience to your future goal, and mapping out how ISB will play a part in this journey, will be the core to a successful application.

Please feel free to reach out to us at Arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com in case you seek support.

Cheers
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Luna25 wrote:
Hi, kindly review my profile for ISB MBA program.
Also, it would be helpful if you can evaluate whether my post MBA goals are in-line with my current experience.

Background: Indian, Female, 28
Education: B.Tech in Electronics & Communications
Bachelors: 72%
12th: 80%
10th: 85%

GMAT 1- 700
Planning to retake before applying to R1. I had applied last year in R2, was shortlisted for interview but was not selected.

Organization - Leading IT firm
Experience: 7 Years

Job description:
Currently working in a techno-functional role. I am responsible for end to end development of some key modules for client's CRM application. My work involves coordinating with clients to understand the functional and technical requirements. Planning and finalizing the solution. I lead a team of 2 to 3 people. Though I don't have international exposure I have only worked with international clients. I have worked in cross-cultural and cross-functional teams. Along with this, I have trained multiple resources in the technology of my expertise.

Achievements:
1. Won award for contribution to project.
2. Received award for Human Resource activities at the Unit level.
4. Won couple of competitions at college level.
3. Elected as School House Captain and Prefect for four consecutive years.

Extracurricular:
1. Been a part of an NGO, have organized cleanliness drives and female child education drives in city slums.
2. Chief coordinator for corporate Townhalls and team building activities.
3. Selected as the primary coordinator and POC for interdepartmental activities at college

Post MBA goals:

I want to work either in a Product Management role for a technology/IT product company or as a consultant in a management consulting firm.

Hello Luna25,

GMAT score: Average

Academics: Average.

Work Experience: Average

Below are the things you should focus in your application and the admission process this year.

a. In the Reapplication essay, clearly state – quantitatively and qualitatively what changes have happened in your profile since the time you received a ding last time. Here you will have to focus on either one or more of the following – greater responsibilities at workplace, accomplishment of a challenging project, more leadership opportunities where you made an impact, more clarity and conviction in your career goals, professional development extracurricular engagements etc.

b. Your career goals are logical and getting into a tech PM role post 7 years of core IT is a natural extension where your technology skills and management education will be leveraged together. However, you will have to categorically state what inspires you to become a PM, what type of organizations and products you want to become at PM – is it Google on Maps, Google on AR, Startup on Social Media etc. etc.
Also, dont show hesitation inyour career goals, specially in the short term by stating alternative options.

c. Don’t worry about the international experience, but you will definitely need to showcase how you had the chance to lead a team of engineers/developers to achieve a common goal and what did you learn in the process.

Please feel free to reach out to us at Arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com in case you seek dedicated support.

Cheers and Best of Luck
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
sidtri wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 690 [Quant:50 , Verbal:34, I.R.:6, AWA:4.5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: GPA: 7.6/10, Completed B.Tech in Computer Science from National Institute of Technology Rourkela in 2015.
H.S.C: secured 84% in Science stream from Odisha Board in 2011.
S.S.C: secured 90.89% from Odisha Board in 2009.

Work Experience: 5 years as of now
Assistant Central Intelligence Officer, Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs (2018-Present) - 2 Years
Security Developer, SAP Labs India (2018)
Security Researcher, Sony India (2015-2018)

Graduation: Bachelor of Technology, Major: Computer Science and Engineering, GPA: 7.6/10
• Member of a robotics club working in the field of computer science and electronics. (2011-15)
• Memberof a Quiz Club : Organized prepared content quiz competitions in local schools, as a part of club’s student outreach program. (2011-15)
• Member: National Services Scheme – a group working towards educating tribal children: Contributed by providing weekend informative sessions to underprivileged tribal children, organized local festival celebration events for the tribal children. (2011-2015).

Extra Curricular:
• Certifications: Basic Mountaineering Course, Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) by EC-Council, N5 Certified in Japanese Language Proficiency Test (JLPT)
• Mentored students to improve soft-skills as initiative of Foundation for Excellence (FFE), a charitable organization.
• Supported my brother’s venture by performing security assessments, resulting in continuity of operations, avoidance of cyber-attacks and reduction in pilferage.
• Interests: Adventure Travel, Country-side Photography, Volleyball.
• Languages: English (Fluent), Hindi (Native), Odia(Regional), Japanese(Foreign), Urdu (Regional)

Hello sidtri,

GMAT score: Below Average.

Academics: Average.

Work Experience: Above Average

Digital security is a hot topic in today’s era of GDPR laws, data localization, dark web transactions, fake news etc. Your extensive experience in the security domain will definitely give you a shot in the arm versus other applicants with similar IT experience but in different industries. You will need to capitalize on this present your story around how you have been able to create a positive impact on organizations – large and startups, by designing systems to make their offerings secure.

You should also bring the aspect of the unique learning by working with the Govt. of India and contributing to initiatives that impact 1.3 BN people. The experience of working with bureaucracy and the leaning from the same is something you should portray that you want to share with your cohort at ISB.

Last but not the least, your extra-curricular initiatives of mastering a foreign language, and work towards educating children at grass root level shows your multi-dimensional personality.

Please feel free to reach out to us at Arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com in case you seek dedicated support.
Cheers
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi shubhampathak1sp

Truncating your reply to answer only the relevant bits. Please find my response in line below.

1) If GMAT score is fine or should I try for more? - 710 is a good score, but the GMAT score is singularly the only way to improve your chances in a short time. Therefore, if you think you can get a better score, please do give GMAT again. After all, you have nothing to lose, you already have 710. :) A higher score doesn't guarantee an admission but it strengthens your profile.
2) How does age fare in the final equation? - Age does not matter. (Folks with Masters may also have higher age, but lower work ex). Therefore, work experience matters. Average work-experience for PGP is usually around 4-5 years, so you're quite close to that. I hope this answers your question.

shubhampathak1sp wrote:
Thanks for the guidance.

Just wanted to check
1) If GMAT score is fine or should I try for more?
2) How does age fare in the final equation?

Thanks.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  187   188   189   190   191  ...  307