[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 881: Undefined array key "c_ss"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 890: Undefined array key "204_school_count"
ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation : ISB - Page 191
Last visit was: 27 Jul 2024, 01:21 It is currently 27 Jul 2024, 01:21
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 256 [2]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: ISB'22 (S)
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Thanks for a quick reply, Ashish! ISBeacon Really means a lot!

Currently giving mock tests and brushing up my vocab. Plan to give it in the 3rd week of Aug. Hoping to get a good score. :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
Send PM
Kudos
ISBeacon wrote:
whitemiror wrote:
Hi Experts,

I would like to request you to review my profile.

Age – 26 Years
GMAT - 700 (Q49, V35)

Hi whitemiror, very decent profile overall. You've not mentioned your discipline in B.Tech. Was it CS?

Your goal of Product management also seems very aligned with your current nature of work.

Now, all the care should be taken in the essay that this goal seems a logical next-step of the work-experience you've had so far.

p.s. Retaking GMAT is a strategically good decision. You already have an enviable benchmark of 700 set for yourself. So, you obviously cannot go lower than that in your re-attempt.

Thank you For the quick response.

Was it CS? -> Yes It was computer science.
Hoping to ace the GMAT soon currently :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
SaurbahThakur wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 710 [Quant:50 , Verbal:36, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Chemical from Pune University in 2015 with 72%.
12th: 80% Science Stream.
10th: 89%.

Work Experience:
Working as Oil and Gas Consultant in Honeywell Automation India Limited since 4 Years and 11 Months.

Completed various international and domestic Projects as Engineer also lead a team on the projects.

Extra-Curricular:
Active participation in company CSR activities as Volunteer.
Student Secretary of IIChe Pune Chapter
Treasurer of IIChe Pune Chapter
Best Outgoing student of the chemical engineering department for 2012 to 2015

It would be nice if I get an insight on my profile and the areas for improvement and I am planning to apply for 21-22 batch.

Thanks

Dear SaurbahThakur,

Thank you for sharing your profile.
I am an alumni from ISB, CO14, and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys since. Below is my evaluation of your profile.

GMAT: Above Average

Education: Average

Work Experience: Above Average

Extra-Curricular: Average

Overall you seem to have a well-rounded profile. However, please note that a lot of applicants from Energy (more specifically O&G) background apply to ISB every year from both private and public enterprises. Hence you will need to bring out your USPs through the application and carve a niche for self in the minds of the adcom.

You will need to showcase how in the capacity of a Consultant you have breadth of knowledge of solving complex technical and business problems in the industry. The learning from this diverse experience is what you will try to share with your cohort and add value to the classroom. Besides problem solving temperament and technical knowhow, you have to demonstrate how you have shown leadership skills in your career – challenges you faced in the projects, how did you handle them, what did you learn from them etc.

As far as extra-curricular involvements are concerned, you need to elaborate on how you have contributed to the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers chapter and what are some tangible outcomes of your contribution.

Do feel free to reach out to myself or my colleagues at CrackAdmission in case you seek any support / guidance with regards to your application.

Cheers and Best of luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Zaw2511 wrote:
Hi folks,

Can you please evaluate my profile.

I am applying this year in Round 1.

24-year-old female Indian applicant

GMAT score: 760

Education
07/2018
Bachelor of Technology: Electrical And Electronics Engineering
Banasthali University - Rajasthan
• Graduated with a 4.0 GPA Top 1%.

03/2014
Senior Secondary Certificate Examination: Indian School Certificate
St. Conrad's Inter College - Agra
With an overall score of 88.25% - Top- 2%

05/2012
Higher Secondary Certificate Examination: The Indian Certificate of Secondary Education
St. Conrad's Inter College - Agra
With an overall score of 87.5% - Top 5%

Professional Experience
HSBC Software Development India Pvt. Ltd July 2018 - to date

Associate Business Analyst, Hyderabad Branch (Channels Department) May 2019 - to date
Countries Supported – Canada, USA, UK, Poland, France
• Support staff front end consultancy and resolve all the queries raised by Region Managers of 44 Countries currently using our staff front end system.
• Analyzed and supported the migration of 500+ applications from the old bank system to the new staff frond-end system within 2 years. More than 50+ applications were migrated as “Zero defect” projects.
• Worked closely with Bank managers and businesses in understanding customer requirements and improvement areas. Designed and developed robust solutions to meet customer requirements for functionality, scalability, and performance.
• Regular interaction with contact center agents to understand the application journeys and find glitches and fix those glitches.
• Transformed old applications from traditional to agile methodologies.
• Nominated as the young talent to participate in EXCo offsite visits. The last EXCo visit was held on Feb 20, where CIOs from 15 countries participated and discussed the “New Ways of Working”. I was the youngest member of the panel and presented LAAC “Learning as a Culture” idea to be implemented in Channels Department.
• Awarded for implementing customer need applications. Because of which HSBC was nominated as HSBC was voted “Bank of the Year for Financial Inclusion” by the industry publication The Banker in November 2019.

Software Engineer – Sales and Distribution Department
Sept 2018 – May 2019
Countries Supported – China, UK
• Mentored and led a team of 3 engineers to develop payment functionality and migrate it to a new cloud system.
• Worked with China IT team to migrate Insurance project to 17 other countries. And later on, took the code from China and became the product owner supporting the application and incidents raised by Region Managers.

Software Engineer Trainee – Sales and Distribution Department July 2018 - Sept 2018
Countries Supported – China
Implemented a confluence page and an online directory with all the resources which are required by new joiners and women returning to the office after maternity leave, to brief them about the ongoing projects, latest technologies, and standards followed in HSBC.
Worked with the China team to implement standard life cover insurance products for the UK branch.

Achievements
• Received the HSBC ‘Star Performer’ Award, ‘Pat on the Back’ Award.
• Accredited by the Bharat Electronics Limited for presenting a paper on "Hand Gesture Recognition with an egocentric viewpoint of Sign Language using Animatronics hand” - a prototype system that helps to recognize hand gesture to communicate effectively with the special people.
• Professionally trained in drawing, painting, and sketching by Lalit Kala Association, India.
• Won 16 awards in intercollege fests. Worked as a core member of the “Corona-Science Club” with the student council for organizing technical events, seminars, and annual fests.
• Have won 54 awards for music, debating, drawing, collage making, and calligraphy in school.
• Represented India in the 8th SAARC Youth festival competition held in Kolkata and won 1st prize in drawing competition.
• 1st Prize winner in Dramatics, Collage Making, -CELESTA, an international fest (including countries like 
Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka) organized by CMS, Lucknow (1 out of 1500+ students) 2012.
• Runner up in ‘Legal Enigma- Moot Court’ organized by Mayukh (4 out of 78 students) 2017.
• active member of an NGO-‘Sankalp’ working on improving the education system followed in govt schools.
• Member of the Entrepreneurship Development Cell-NAV JYOTI’ at Banasthali University.

short-term goal: To take up a Management Consulting role with a leading management consulting firm.

Long-term goal: To grow with the firm and eventually partner with the consulting firm.

Vision: To add value to a range of firms by providing effective consulting solutions, adding value to the company, stakeholders, and end-users.

Additional Information
• Discipline Captain, St. Conrad’s Inter College, Agra (APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014)- Spearheaded the 64 volunteers to implement the rules and maintain decorum in the school.
• English Club President, St. Conrad’s Inter College, Agra (APRIL 2013 – APRIL 2014 )- Fulfilled the responsibilities associated with the club’s chief executive officer role. Helped the members to establish a climate of enthusiasm, openness, and concern.
• Amateur basketball player and obsessive Wikipedia reader.
• Working paper on “Hiring differently-abled makes business sense” with Garvishtha Arya, student of - Algonquin College of Applied Arts and Technology, Canada.

Posted from my mobile device

Dear Zaw2511,

I am an alumni from ISB, CO14, and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys since. Below is my evaluation of your profile.

GMAT: Excellent

Work Experience: Average

Extra-Curricular: Above Average

Your high GMAT score definitely gives you an edge over a lot of others applying to ISB. While the score is a proxy for the fact that you are good academic fit to the classroom, you will also need to showcase other dimensions of your profile to prove that you are a strong cultural fit as well.

Reviewing your job responsibility pointers, two things are very prominent to me:

· Problem solving acumen: Based on how you have successfully been able to resolve queries/issues coming from across the globe.
· Change Management: How you have ensured successful migration of legacy IT systems to new age systems and get the buy in of the users in the journey by convincing them on the benefits of the new systems.
· Cross cultural experience: As a management consultant, you are likely to work in teams from diverse backgrounds and often from different geographies. Your stint with the China team is a marker that you will be able to succeed in future as well in similar situations.

To show a transition from IT to Management Consulting, you should play on the above core strengths of yours. These should be emphasized over any software related achievements in your career considering the career path you want to pursue.

Based on your extracurricular interests it seems that you have a creative side as well. Do make sure to highlight the same in your application.

Do feel free to reach out to myself or my colleagues at CrackAdmission in case you seek any support / guidance with regards to your application.

Cheers and Best of luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kgattem wrote:
Hi

Kindly evaluate my profile .

GMAT 690 (Q49 , V34)

10th - 9.6/10 CGPA

12th - 97.4%

B.Tech (Mechanical) - 7.32 CGPA NIT Surat

Work Ex - 4 years as on today .
Schneider Electric - Joined as GET and worked for 2.5 years as Quality Assurance Engineer. Been a part of multiple process improvement projects , new product launches, audits etc . Managed a team of 14 operators and 2 Junior Engineers.

Flextronics Technologies - 1.5 years - Switch from Plant to Corporate . Role change from Quality to Supply Chain. Responsible for Global Return Merchandise Authorization and Vendor Return Authorization , Inventory Forecasting and Inventory Control

Certified Six Sigma Green Belt from ISI Delhi
Certified IMS Internal Auditor ISO 9001:2015 ; ISO 14001:2015

Extra-Curricular : Head of Publicity and Informals committees in NIT Surat's Cultural Fest in 2015 & 2016 respectively.
Part of Nirvana (A student chapter of NIT Surat working for the underprivileged children residing within the college campus)

Hi kgattem

Thank you for sharing your profile

GMAT: Below Average

Your GMAT score, as you probably are aware, is on the lower side of the spectrum. However, your extensive work experience in operations and supply chain is one of the key strengths of your profile. Thereby, you will have play on your strength and demonstrate how you have varied experience across different functions of supply chains and how these experiences will allow you to contribute to the peer learning of your cohort at ISB. In case you specific stories to talk about as far as achievements are concerned you should definitely put them across in the application.

You should also talk about the on ground leadership challenges you faced and how by overcoming them you have become more confident in your outlook towards looking at situations.

Last but not the least, extra-curricular form a key component of your application. In your case most of such engagements is limited to when you were in your undergrad, showing you did not to commit to a cause consistently post that. You need to show something more recent while explain what motivated you to pursue the particular initiative and the impact it has had on you.

Cheers and Best of luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
keynesfan wrote:
Hi,
I hope everyone is safe and well during these difficult times.

I was hoping to get my profile evaluated to get an idea about my chances at ISB R1 (2021)

Demographic:
Indian Male
23 years old

Academics:
10th - 84.4 (ICSE)
12th - 87 (ISC)
Undergrad - BA Economics from Top 10 college in the country
Undergrad GPA - 6.3/10 First Class (Sounds low, but our college historically scores very strictly. I was in the top 10% in my class)

GRE: 323 (Q163, V160)

Work Ex:
2.5 years (expected at the time of matriculation)
I work for a fast-growing fin-tech startup based in Bangalore, founded by Stanford GSB and Ross alumni. Joined as a trainee just after series A funding and quickly worked my way up to assistant manager. I have had the opportunity to work with multiple verticals, have managed large projects with multiple stakeholders, launched city-wide marketing operations in two cities in India, and was on the core team for the launch of a new business vertical.

Extra Curicculars:
Held positions of responsibility during college, was on the organizing team of many fests. Editorial member of a newsletter, and have contributed to the college magazine. Directed and wrote the winning play at an inter-college dramatics festival.
Was a member of the high-school student cabinet, and a member of the editorial board of the school magazine. Came runners up in the Asian finals of an international space settlement design competition in high school. Organized multiple fests there as well.
I have a blog where I write about business, sports, startups, etc. But that is a little inactive of late.

Recommenders:
Haven't asked anyone yet, but I could probably get C-Suite level recommendations.

Post MBA Goals:
Short Term - Consulting (preferably MBB or elite boutique consulting)
Long Term - Hoping to get back into the startup scene, either directly or in an auxiliary role like venture capital. I would prefer to stay in/return to India in the long term.

Being 23, I know I still have time on my side to go for an MBA later on, I guess this is sort of a shot in the dark. I am planning to apply only to ISB this year. If it doesn't work out probably work some more, and apply to other US/International schools later. Fit wise I think, ISB makes sense because I want to end up in consulting, and I have lived in Hyderabad for a while (was one of the cities I launched, I used to go past the ISB gate every day for months :D). Previously I had also been admitted to IE Business school's MiM program but opted not to go due to financial constraints at the time. Any thoughts regarding an early MBA hurting my chances at an MBB role would also be appreciated since I have heard that it is easy to get lost in the sea of 850+ extremely talented people entering the program.

Any advice/suggestions would be of massive help.
Thanks in advance!

Dear keynesfan,

GRE: Below Average

Academics: Average

There are certain highs in your profile that you need to capitalize on in your application. Working in a leadership role in a growth stage Fin tech is your strength and you should build on it by showcasing different skillsets such as innovation, on ground execution, people management (all of which should revolve around a couple of stories in this role).

Another level you should you strategically use is your extra-curricular initiatives – the focus should be around how they shaped your personality – be it creativity, cultural awareness etc.

Lower than average GRE score needs to be compensated with a compelling application. Moreover, you will need to draw a clear path as to how you would transition into client facing strategy consulting when for the most part of your career till date you have worked in operations.

Note: A lower than average years of work experience is definitely not a hindrance to getting a MBB role.

Cheers and Best of luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
sahilaro23 wrote:
Hi all,
It'll be really helpful if you could evaluate my profile for ISB round 1. :)

Indian, Male, Engineer (Mechanical)
College - VIT Vellore, 8.11 cgpa
GMAT - 720 (expected; planning to give in early August)

[

Experience: ~4 years

1. Product Manager | Godrej & Boyce - ~1.5 years (a $1300Mn CPG company, based in Mumbai)
-Responsible for launching new products and expansion of overall business Pan India. Leading $50Mn category business, in varied segments.

2. Marketing Coordinator - Brand Management | SC Johnson products Pvt Ltd. - 2.5 years (FMCG MNC - with $200Mn Business in India)
~Responsible for overall business expansion pan India for 3 segments, Shoe care, Air Care and Home Cleaning. Led the launch of 3 key products and managed 10+ projects globally.

Extra curricular:

1. Media and Marketing Head at an NGO (2013-2015)
2. Sponsorship Manager at University's National Tech fest (2015-2016)
3. Won Online Photography contest at IIT Madras (among 7000 participants)
4. Worked as a freelance photography tutor at Bookmyshow.com (2015-2016)

Immediate/Short Term goals: - To work in a CPG giant (eg: HUL, P&G) as a Brand Manager

Long Term Goals: - To grow within the organization to reach at a CXO position (preferably CMO) or Leading the business of a runner Brand at a Global scale, from inside/outside India.

Thanks for your evaluation. Really appreciate. :)

Regards,
Sahil

Dear sahilaro23,

GRE: Above Average (Assuming you will get 720)

Academics: Average

Work Experience: Above Average

The best thing I like about your profile is that your professional experience, extra-curricular engagements and career goals are all aligned under the broad umbrella of marketing. This would show to the adcom that you have been mature and thoughtful about career decisions.

I would urge you to focus more on the unique marketing and brand positioning challenges you overcame creatively for existing products and new launches than throwing multimillion USD numbers.

As a brand manager you need to be both analytical as well as creative. Additionally you should possess strong understanding of marketing mix techniques across both print as well as digital media. Explain through interactive stories in your application how you have demonstrated these characteristics in your professional as well as personal endeavors and what motivates you to continue doing it in future as well.

Cheers and Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: ISB '24 (WL)
Send PM
ISBeacon wrote:
Hi AdityaWahi, overall a very decent profile (especially the extra-curricular). However, considering that you seem to have relatively low grades in your undergrad, would suggest that there is no harm in giving GMAT once more, to see if you can improve your current score of 690, by (say) 20-30 points. It's going to be a zero-risk attempt for you, since you obviously cannot go any lower than 690 (if you do score lower than this, you are obviously going to cancel it).

Thanks Ashish! I was thinking the same too and you made my decision easier. Gonna take that retest! :)

Quote:
The general advice is that one should ideally apply to an earlier round.

So does this general rule apply for admissions to ISB's Early Entry Option as well? I have no job experience currently (have started my job at a consulting company though) and since Early Entry Option requires you to have atleast of 2 years of experience, I will be joining only after 2-3 years. So for the year of my actual intake(2023), shouldn't there already be less number of people applying now? So how will this relatively lesser competition affect admission in different rounds for me?
Thanks again

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ISB and INSEAD Profile Evaluation

Hi,
Here is my profile for ISB.

Academics:
X= 60%
XII = 68%
Bachelors of Engineering = 72%
Award = National Level award in Robotics

Test Score:
GMAT: 730

Professional:
Honeywell (Engineer- Oil and Gas Domain): 7.1 years, operations, commercial estimation, led team of 15 people, 20+ projects
Startup (Founder - Lean Management Consulting) : 2 years, led team of 7 people, 4 clients
Awards: 3 awards at Honeywell

Extra Curricular Activities:
CSR activities: 5 years (led team of 4 people, 6 projects)
Emergency Response Team member - 4 years
World Economic Forum: 4 years (led team of 35 diverse people, 4 projects)

Certifications:
Six Sigma Green Belt
Six Sigma Masters in Program Management
CFA Institute's Investment Foundations Program
PGPM (online) from IMT Ghaziabad

Originally posted by rawajit on 08 Aug 2020, 00:29.
Last edited by rawajit on 08 Aug 2020, 00:33, edited 1 time in total.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 393 [1]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi rawajit,

I just have evaluated your profile for Insead and would love to do it for ISB. On the surface, your profile looks very competitive for ISB. I already have highlighted the important aspects of your profile. For ISB, bring a narrative of an individual who can contribute to the society in positive and meaningful ways and put your ECs in a very persuasive manner as ISB greatly stresses on them to look for other aspects of your personality. What's going to matter most in your application is how you connect the dots and build a great story. Also, as I said earlier, I would like to know your post-MBA goals to evaluate your chances better for other great schools. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma, INSEAD alumnus
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
rawajit wrote:

Hi,

Academics:
X= 60%
XII = 68%

Test Score:

Professional:
Honeywell (Engineer- Oil and Gas Domain): 7.1 years, operations, commercial estimation, led team of 15 people, 20+ projects
Startup (Founder - Lean Management Consulting) : 2 years, led team of 7 people, 4 clients

Certifications:
Six Sigma Green Belt
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi rawajit

Congratulations on a great GMAT score and an accomplished career track. You have all the right elements for both ISB as well as INSEAD.

The only challenge we foresee is that due to your higher work experience, you might have to work harder in your essays to convince the adcom why you would need an MBA despite having definite leadership experiences and running a startup. Well-written essays that provide a compelling roadmap to your post MBA scores should see you through. Make sure your essays bring out sufficient leadership qualities as well as a hunger to learn and reach your goals.

Do reach out for a detailed discussion.

rawajit wrote:

Hi,

Academics:
X= 60%
XII = 68%

Test Score:

Professional:

Certifications:
Six Sigma Green Belt
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi ,

Please review my profile for ISB

8 Years of IT Experience , Currently working as Application Developer also a Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect,
Currently working on a Auditing application for one of Big Four accounting organisations.

B-Tech in Electronics and Communication with 69%
10th - 80%
12th - 84%
Served as a Cadet in National Cadet corps during 12th,

Expecting GMAT- 680+

I have worked different profiles during my 8 years tenure including as a customer service executive for a international E- Commerce company, Also as a System operations - Technical Analyst monitoring organization's servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues for a fortune 500 Company

Joined a start Up and learned skills required to be a developer got interested in Cloud Architecture and now I have secured the certification as a Cloud architect.

Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Kudos
Hello kallam,
I do not get a sense of your post-MBA goals or how an MBA will help you from your profile. You will have to talk about demonstrated leadership experience and impact you have created at work in your application. Also, a consistency in your work choices (your roles) will have to be demonstrated through your application.
You may also want to target a GMAT score of 700 to better your chances.
A good application will strengthen your chances.
kallam wrote:
Hi ,

Please review my profile for ISB

8 Years of IT Experience , Currently working as Application Developer also a Microsoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect,
Currently working on a Auditing application for one of Big Four accounting organisations.

B-Tech in Electronics and Communication with 69%
10th - 80%
12th - 84%
Served as a Cadet in National Cadet corps during 12th,

Expecting GMAT- 680+

I have worked different profiles during my 8 years tenure including as a customer service executive for a international E- Commerce company, Also as a System operations - Technical Analyst monitoring organization's servers, networks, and computer systems for irregularities and performance issues for a fortune 500 Company

Joined a start Up and learned skills required to be a developer got interested in Cloud Architecture and now I have secured the certification as a Cloud architect.

Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi, request the experts to evaluate my profile. Thanks in advance.

Background
Indian male, 25 years old

GMAT: 690 (Q47 V38)

Education
Cleared all three levels of CFA
Bachelors of Management Studies, Delhi University (79.9%)

Work Experience (4 years)

1st Job: Ernst & Young (1.5 years)
- Joined as an Associate of the Assurance team and worked with International clients based out of EMEA region along with other EY offices based in those regions.
- Promoted to Advanced Associate after the 1st year.
- Awarded Extra Miler award for exceptional performance.

2nd Job: Front end Analyst at boutique Investment Bank (2.5 years)
- Responsible for end to end execution of all mandates.
- Worked directly with the Partner on various venture capital/private equity/M&A transactions ranging from $2Mn-$20Mn.
- Promoted to Associate position after 1.5 years.
- Given responsibility to train new hires. Also helped the Partner in sourcing deals.

Extra Curricular
- Co founder & Secretary of an Academic Society of college
- Core team member of the Annual sports fest of college
- Responsible for team building events for my team at EY
- Do "not" have much volunteering experience post college

Post MBA Goals
Short term: Continue working with an Investment Bank
Long term: Shift into private equity after developing expertise in specific sectors.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello Rachit25,
You have a very compelling profile for ISB. However, what you may want to research more on is how ISB will further your post-MBA goals of continuing at IB (firms recruiting for IB versus you going out and networking). Hope this helps.

Rachit25 wrote:

Background

Education

Work Experience (4 years)

1st Job: Ernst & Young (1.5 years)
- Joined as an Associate of the Assurance team and worked with International clients based out of EMEA region along with other EY offices based in those regions.
- Promoted to Advanced Associate after the 1st year.
- Awarded Extra Miler award for exceptional performance.

2nd Job: Front end Analyst at boutique Investment Bank (2.5 years)
- Responsible for end to end execution of all mandates.
- Worked directly with the Partner on various venture capital/private equity/M&A transactions ranging from $2Mn-$20Mn.
- Promoted to Associate position after 1.5 years.
- Given responsibility to train new hires. Also helped the Partner in sourcing deals.

Extra Curricular
- Co founder & Secretary of an Academic Society of college
- Core team member of the Annual sports fest of college
- Responsible for team building events for my team at EY
- Do "not" have much volunteering experience post college

Post MBA Goals
Long term: Shift into private equity after developing expertise in specific sectors.
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1042 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rachit25 wrote:

Background

Education

Post MBA Goals

Hi Rachit25,

Impressive profile across acads and work-ex. Your short-term goals complement the skills you have and the long-term north star is one of the logical progressions from IB. The key for you would be to explain why you need an MBA at this stage vs not organically grow in the current role and the opportunities that ISB has to offer in IB. I wouldn't fuss about the latter as there have been enough folks who have managed securing roles outside of the placements process.
Even if you do not get placed through ISB shouldn't be a concern as an investment in an MBA from ISB potentially yields bigger returns than one job immediately post MBA.

All the best!
-
Manan
Co-founder, S4G | ISB Class of 2013
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Hello, Kindly evaluate my profile.

Female
10th- 10 CGPA
12th- 80%
BTech- 8.1 CGPA

Job Experience- 3 years
Microsoft Corporation

I have been doing lots of social work, leading projects in my office and have a startup.
GMAT-yet to give(expecting around 710)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  189   190   191   192   193  ...  307