Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:34 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
EduSimplified wrote:
Sahilkm wrote:
Hi All,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest me whether my profile suits the program and if yes, what is the GMAT score I must target for ISB

My academics are :

Basic Academic
*10th : 81.4 %
*12th: 79.6 %
*Graduation :- 70.42 % ( Bsc Hons Physics, Kirori Mal College DU)

Work Experience (Total experience of 42 months )

* 2.5 years at ZS Associates as a Operational Delivery Associates and later as a Business Operations Associate
* 1 year after ZS experience as a Data Analyst at another reputed firm (better name than ZS Associates)

Ex-Cur
* Campus Ambassador
* Was member of Film Society at college

I am targeting a score of 740 in GMAT. Can you please also tell me if ISB will be beneficial for me?

Regards,
SP

Hi Sahil,

I think the right approach is -- does the program suit you? your career and learning goals ?
You have good academics and if you can get a 740 on GMAT it will really help. Even your work ex is pretty good. Your extra curricular and community service looks weak but you can work on it. I can opine more in detail if you'd like to schedule a free consult call. hope this helps.

Best,

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry I forgot to add actually. I have volunteered for an NGO working in education sector for almost 2.5 years.

Also, I would love to have a consultation call. Do let me know how I can share my details.

Regards,
SP
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
alphastallion wrote:
Hi I am sathish
I have academic record as follows
10 th - 70%
HSC - 75%
BE Mech Engg - 74 %,
I have 10 + years in automotive OEMs in area of product development @ Mahindra and mahindra / Mercedes benz
i have 6 months of onsite work at Japan while working for a particular OEM.
I have involved in leading a project for development of engine
Have filed 4 patents
Participated in NDTV - Auto quiz twice.
completed MS - Mfg management from BITS Pilani with 7.8 CGPA in part time route,
want to pursue general management in ISB
please advice..

Sent from my Z1 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Hi Sathish,

10+ years put you on the higher side of the work experience, therefore your candidature would be evaluated on the strength of your essays and experience i.e. professional achievements, leadership qualities and clarity of goals.

- On the work experience side, you have a couple of good brands under your belt. The international experience is definitely a plus. You may also need to focus on showcasing your profile as less technical and more managerial, given that you have 4 patents.
- We don't see a mention of extracurriculars, was the NDTV quiz recent? ISB has an extremely active quiz community and quizzing would make a good extracurricular too!
- A GMAT score of 700 would put you on the safer side, as your previous academics are average.
Overall, build on a good application, and we think you can make it through.

PS. you would also make a good candidate for the IIM PGPX course. Do think about it.

Feel free to get in touch for more.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sahilkm wrote:
Hi All,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest me whether my profile suits the program and if yes, what is the GMAT score I must target for ISB

My academics are :

Basic Academic
*10th : 81.4 %
*12th: 79.6 %
*Graduation :- 70.42 % ( Bsc Hons Physics, Kirori Mal College DU)

Work Experience (Total experience of 42 months )

* 2.5 years at ZS Associates as a Operational Delivery Associates and later as a Business Operations Associate
* 1 year after ZS experience as a Data Analyst at another reputed firm (better name than ZS Associates)

Ex-Cur
* Campus Ambassador
* Was member of Film Society at college

I am targeting a score of 740 in GMAT. Can you please also tell me if ISB will be beneficial for me?

Regards,
SP

Hi SP,

You have a good profile. Data analytics is definitely valued as a function. ZS is also a good brand to have on your profile. If you can get a 740, it would be great! Though a 700-710, should be good enough for your profile.

We feel that the missing link in your profile is clarity of goals. Our recommendation is that you should begin to work on identifying:
1. What are your strengths?
2. What are your short-term and long-term goals?
3. How can ISB/MBA help you achieve them?
The best way to answer this is by talking to friends, family, colleagues and alumni. Only then can we ascertain if ISB is the right path for you.

Feel free to reach out in case of more queries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hii there.. I am Anuj
I am looking forward to pursue MBA in Operations / International Business from ISB / INSEAD
My Academic details are :
10th - 91.6%
12th - 91.4%
B.tech Mechanical : 8.5 CGPA
Total work Ex - 3+ years with Asahi India Glass Ltd (leading automotive glass manufacturer in India) & with Samsung India Electronics Ltd

Extra Curricular : Participation In Quiz competition, College Fest

Please evaluate my profile.. I need to know what score should I target to grab a seat in ISB or INSEAD

Regards
Anuj
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
HI,I would be happy to welcome opinions and suggestions on my profile

Academics
10th-88.8
12th-87.6
Btech(EEE) , NIT Calicut-6.65 CGPA

Work Experience-
QYK APP-9 Months- Associate Manager-Operations, Was part of the Core Operations Team of an online platform which disrupted the construction Industry

Gracetec Group-2 years- Joined Dads Business group,We are a group of 7 companies. I was part of the operations of the Parent Company(Mechanical,Electrical and Plumbing Contractors). Successfully Completed 28Cr Hospital Project within 12 months. Was the face of the company at site,headed meetings with clients,Improved processes at site,made sure it was cost controlled. Initiated the merging of Interior designing firm founded by college seniors to expand our scope of work . On the process of acquiring a solar company to add on to out current Work Profile. Implemented Lean Process Improvement at all sites,Improved inventory and site tracking using cloud interface

Extra Curricular Activities-
Volunteered at 2 NGOS,Literary and Debating Secretary at College,Colllege Football team member,Co-ordinator at college fests
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
anuj.17 wrote:
Hii there.. I am Anuj
I am looking forward to pursue MBA in Operations / International Business from ISB / INSEAD
10th - 91.6%
12th - 91.4%
Total work Ex - 3+ years with Asahi India Glass Ltd (leading automotive glass manufacturer in India) & with Samsung India Electronics Ltd

Please evaluate my profile.. I need to know what score should I target to grab a seat in ISB or INSEAD

Regards
Anuj

Hi Anuj,

You seem to have done well academically so far. A GMAT score of 700+ should be good for ISB and 720+ for INSEAD.
In terms of work experience, are you in an operations role already? If yes, then it will make life much easier for you and help you build the post-MBA story. With 3 years, the competition is tougher therefore you will need to work hard to showcase your achievements and leadership potential.
The extracurriculars seem week and a little outdated? Are you still involved in the quizzing world? Continual involvement with extracurriculars would be necessary to showcase a complete profile.

Feel free to reach out in case of queries.
Director
Director
Send PM
anuj.17 wrote:
Hii there.. I am Anuj
10th - 91.6%
12th - 91.4%

Regards
Anuj

Hi Anuj,
Since you belong to the typical Indian candidate pool you need a high GMAT score. Look for the average GMAT score of each school and score 20-30 points above it to be safe. Your academics are good so I hope this shouldn't be a problem for you. Your work ex is 1-2 years short of being ideal. What that means for you is how will you portray leadership experience or an upward career trajectory. Being involved in community service also helps strengthen overall profile of a candidate. You will need to craft your application carefully to display your accomplishments to the adcoms. Hope this helps.

Best,
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
anuj.17 wrote:
Hii there.. I am Anuj
10th - 91.6%
12th - 91.4%

Regards
Anuj

Hi Anuj,

We'd like to know a lot more details about you in order to understand your profile better. Do explain your work experience in more detail- what profile did you have in both the companies? what are your work achievements? how is your career progression?
What are your career goals and also what are your extra curricular activities? The ones mentioned here are old and don't sound impressive enough.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Expert Reply
jakexix wrote:
HI,I would be happy to welcome opinions and suggestions on my profile

Academics
10th-88.8
12th-87.6
Btech(EEE) , NIT Calicut-6.65 CGPA

Work Experience-
QYK APP-9 Months- Associate Manager-Operations, Was part of the Core Operations Team of an online platform which disrupted the construction Industry

Gracetec Group-2 years- Joined Dads Business group,We are a group of 7 companies. I was part of the operations of the Parent Company(Mechanical,Electrical and Plumbing Contractors). Successfully Completed 28Cr Hospital Project within 12 months. Was the face of the company at site,headed meetings with clients,Improved processes at site,made sure it was cost controlled. Initiated the merging of Interior designing firm founded by college seniors to expand our scope of work . On the process of acquiring a solar company to add on to out current Work Profile. Implemented Lean Process Improvement at all sites,Improved inventory and site tracking using cloud interface

Extra Curricular Activities-
Volunteered at 2 NGOS,Literary and Debating Secretary at College,Colllege Football team member,Co-ordinator at college fests

Hi Jakexix,

Great work experience! I like the fact that you have been in the construction (or related) industry all along, which shows continuity. This will be beneficial if your career goals are also related to the same industry.

You have a lot of leadership experiences, which is commendable for someone your age. You seem to also be involved in strategic projects, mergers and acquisitions, which will stand you in good stead in the application pool. Not many applicants are likely to have M&A experience. This also links with your career goals - I'd like to know what your future career plans are. If you wish to be in the business post MBA, do present ambitious career goals (not unrealistic though).

At present, the GMAT seems to be the missing plug - aim for a 700+ score.

Feel free to reach out if you wish to discuss further.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Duke '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Please evaluate my profile for ISB-

Bachelor's- Electrical Engineering Vellore Institute of Technology,India, 2011-7.7/10
Master's- Power and Energy Systems-Arizona State University, Tempe, USA 2013-3.3/4
GMAT-760 Q50, V42
Presently working as an electrical engineer for one of the biggest engineering consulting company in the energy sector in US. Worked with utility clients such as AEP, Duke Energy, PG&E etc.
Post MBA goal- Transition into consulting.
EC- Toastmasters, ran marathons, some local community service.
Thanks for your time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
mrinal0308 wrote:
Hi Experts

I gave my 2nd attempt of gmat today and got a 640 (q49,v28). In my first attempt, I got a 530 (q48,v17).

I am an Indian female with about 6 yrs of exp in IT Software, worked with two companies , TCS and Accenture. I have been doing great at job with lot of best employee awards and extra curricular activities like participating in quizzes, rangoli art competitions etc. I was also the HR spoc for my project and arranged events like picnic for about 100 people, quarterly awards for best performance etc.

My academics are also good like in
-10th, 89.8%, (Merit student certificate from CBSE)
-12th, 89.6% (Amul vidyabhushan award)
-B tech in electrical n electronics , 85% (gold medallist, branch topper) CGPA : 9.24
I was engaged in lot of extra curricular activities at school also like painting and essay writing competitions etc.

What are my chances in IIMs or ISB ? or can you suggest what are the best schools for me both in India and abroad? I am looking for a functional shift in my role and an MBA In information systems.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my mobile device

With your current stats, ISB could go either way. Your work and undergrad is great, though GMAT is a bit low, especially on the verbal side. I would target a spread of schools including the IIMs, ISB and a few others internationally. The CMU program you mentioned could be a good one. Are you interested in an analytics masters program? I ask because I recently got someone into UCLA master of analytics with somewhat similar stats and that could be appealing to you. If you would like to work together on selecting the right list of schools and applying, it would be great to see your resume. Feel free to email that: scott@personalmbacoach.com and we can discuss.

Best,
Scott

I have emailed a copy of my resume to you and I hope to hear something good on that !! fingers crossed.. :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
sveniga4 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile for ISB-

Bachelor's- Electrical Engineering Vellore Institute of Technology,India, 2011-7.7/10
Master's- Power and Energy Systems-Arizona State University, Tempe, USA 2013-3.3/4
GMAT-760 Q50, V42
Presently working as an electrical engineer for one of the biggest engineering consulting company in the energy sector in US. Worked with utility clients such as AEP, Duke Energy, PG&E etc.
Post MBA goal- Transition into consulting.
EC- Toastmasters, ran marathons, some local community service.
Thanks for your time.

Hi sveniga4,

Definitely a good profile. We see a lot of greens: a stellar GMAT score (congratulations!), a Masters degree, good GPA and of course, international exposure.

The burden of your application now lies on showcasing your profile, a mix of professional and personal achievements, and tying them up to your goals. We think that well-written essays should definitely be able to get you an interview call. Focus on identifying key strengths that you can highlight in your essays, that you will later be able to defend in your interview with good examples. Be ready with answers like why are you different and why consulting?

A good articulate application should definitely see you through! All the best and feel free to reach out in case of queries.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi Sir,
This is Abhijit Paranjpe, need your guidance on my profile evaluation for ISB,
Btech- year 2012-5cgpi- VJTI, Mumbai university. Electrical engineering
Diploma- year 2009- 75%( 3rd top in state) Electrical stream.
10th- year 2005-78%

worked in reputed companies line RPG Group and Pansonic eco solution group as sales manager and product manager respectively.
wast experience in sales and marketing , pan india served. with few times abroad experience.

Kindly help with profile evaluation - what kind of gmat score will be ok to get me in , also will ISb is appropriate for the sales and marketing experience and would be targetting to work in the same field in future.

Thanks in advance,

Abhijit
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhip89 wrote:
Hi Sir,
10th- year 2005-78%

worked in reputed companies line RPG Group and Pansonic eco solution group as sales manager and product manager respectively.
wast experience in sales and marketing , pan india served. with few times abroad experience.

Kindly help with profile evaluation - what kind of gmat score will be ok to get me in , also will ISb is appropriate for the sales and marketing experience and would be targetting to work in the same field in future.

Thanks in advance,

Abhijit

Hi Abhijit,

Sales and Marketing profiles are always welcome at B-schools such as ISB, because these profiles bring variety and also are a big hit with recruiters.

- From a professional experience point of view, you are well-placed. RPG and Panasonic are good brands, international experience is a huge plus. The rest will depend on your ability to demonstrate skills in the sales/marketing domain and also the business impact you have been able to drive.
- Academically, we think you should aim for a GMAT of 700+, this will keep your profile competitive.
- We do not see a mention of extracurriculars, is there an activity that you're involved with beyond work? This will help build a holistic application.

To summarize, you are a good fit, good essays and a decent GMAT should help you achieve your goal.

Feel free to get in touch for more.
Director
Director
Send PM
abhip89 wrote:
Hi Sir,
10th- year 2005-78%

Thanks in advance,

Abhijit

Hi Abhijit,
You have a good not great profile. Around 70% of ISB's class profile belongs to Engineering background. Hence, you need to be distinguished to get admitted. Your CGPA is low which you can compensate to some extent by scoring 720+ on your GMAT score. Your work ex is good and im sure you must have had good leadership and team work experience. You haven't mentioned any of your extra curricular and or community involvement, which is valued at ISB or any other business school for that matter.
If you look at the employment report of ISB, around 18% of students went on to sales and marketing function jobs. So, I think ISB is pretty good for your goals. Hope this helps.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Send PM
Hi All,

I have 13 years of experience. Currently working as Business Development Manager in Telecom.
I have done undergrads in Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) from University of Mumbai in 2004.
What GMAT score should suffice for my profile.

Please guide.
Regards,
Director
Director
Send PM
jwalantudesai wrote:
Hi All,

I have 13 years of experience. Currently working as Business Development Manager in Telecom.
I have done undergrads in Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics) from University of Mumbai in 2004.
What GMAT score should suffice for my profile.

Please guide.
Regards,

Hi Jwalant,
With 13 years of work ex you should target PGPMAX. It is aimed at senior management folks and doesn't require GMAT. The average work ex for PGPMAX is 16 years. You will be slightly below average but it should be a good fit for you. If you plan to pursue the regular PGP then I suggest you get around 680 atleast in your GMAT. Hope this helps.

Best,
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41  ...  307