Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 15:05 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 15:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 166 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.9
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Hey.

With the application portal open, we felt it would be helpful if you can get an idea on how to frame your essays. You can go ahead and download the essay book (essays submitted by successful candidates) from the following links:

ISB Essay Book: https://goo.gl/CLrmw4

Global Application HandBook: https://goo.gl/G2kSs6

For more such materials, you could fill up this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Fh04ii ... L5QFDvPAY/

For any queries regarding your applications or test preparation, you could drop us a mail at queries@thebootcamp.biz

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
The Bootcamp Team.
https://www.thebootcamp.biz
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
Just so that people don't lose the essay book in the middle of all the posts.

For profile evaluation, the guys over here are already doing a brilliant job. For more insights, you can visit: https://thebootcamp.biz/free-profile-evaluation/

Cheers!
Attachments

TheBootcamp_ISB_EssayBook.pdf [354.79 KiB]
Downloaded 68 times

The Bootcamp - Abroad Application Essay Book.pdf [129.19 KiB]
Downloaded 67 times

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
HI,I would be happy to welcome opinions and suggestions on my profile

Academics
10th-88.8
12th-87.6
Btech(EEE) , NIT Calicut-6.65 CGPA

Work Experience-
QYK APP-9 Months- Associate Manager-Operations, Was part of the Core Operations Team of an online platform which disrupted the construction Industry

Gracetec Group-2 years- Joined Dads Business group,We are a group of 7 companies. I was part of the operations of the Parent Company(Mechanical,Electrical and Plumbing Contractors). Successfully Completed 28Cr Hospital Project within 12 months. Was the face of the company at site,headed meetings with clients,Improved processes at site,made sure it was cost controlled. Initiated the merging of Interior designing firm founded by college seniors to expand our scope of work . On the process of acquiring a solar company to add on to out current Work Profile. Implemented Lean Process Improvement at all sites,Improved inventory and site tracking using cloud interface

Extra Curricular Activities-
Volunteered at NGOS,Literary and Debating Secretary at College,Colllege Football team member,Co-ordinator at college fests
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Expert Reply
mrinal0308 wrote:
Hi Experts

I gave my 2nd attempt of gmat today and got a 640 (q49,v28). In my first attempt, I got a 530 (q48,v17).

I am an Indian female with about 6 yrs of exp in IT Software, worked with two companies , TCS and Accenture. I have been doing great at job with lot of best employee awards and extra curricular activities like participating in quizzes, rangoli art competitions etc. I was also the HR spoc for my project and arranged events like picnic for about 100 people, quarterly awards for best performance etc.

My academics are also good like in
-10th, 89.8%, (Merit student certificate from CBSE)
-12th, 89.6% (Amul vidyabhushan award)
-B tech in electrical n electronics , 85% (gold medallist, branch topper) CGPA : 9.24
I was engaged in lot of extra curricular activities at school also like painting and essay writing competitions etc.

What are my chances in IIMs or ISB ? or can you suggest what are the best schools for me both in India and abroad? I am looking for a functional shift in my role and an MBA In information systems.

Thanks in advance.

Posted from my mobile device

With your current stats, ISB could go either way. Your work and undergrad is great, though GMAT is a bit low, especially on the verbal side. I would target a spread of schools including the IIMs, ISB and a few others internationally. The CMU program you mentioned could be a good one. Are you interested in an analytics masters program? I ask because I recently got someone into UCLA master of analytics with somewhat similar stats and that could be appealing to you. If you would like to work together on selecting the right list of schools and applying, it would be great to see your resume. Feel free to email that: scott@personalmbacoach.com and we can discuss.

Best,
Scott
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I'm targeting the R2 of ISB in 2017 and would appreciate if someone can review my profile . I have still not given GMAT, however I'm targeting a score of 700+.

Academic profile

Class X : 90.3% (ICSE-2003)
Class XII : 89.8 % (ISC-2005/Science)
B.Tech : 8.19 (CGPA- 2009/ Mechanical Engineering)

Work Experience

I'm working in an Oil and Gas Consultancy organisation (PSU) since 2009 . I'm in the Mechanical Equipment Department and I'm involved in the design, engineering and procurement of equipment and Mechanical packages for Refinery & Petrochemical complexes, LNG Re-gasification terminals and cross country pipelines. My work requires frequent interaction with End-users from Oil & Gas companies, Equipment suppliers and EPC Contractors.

I would be grateful for an honest review of my profile. I would be happy to answer any further queries regarding my profile.

Thanks!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
jakexix wrote:
HI,I would be happy to welcome opinions and suggestions on my profile

Academics
10th-88.8
12th-87.6
Btech(EEE) , NIT Calicut-6.65 CGPA

Work Experience-
QYK APP-9 Months- Associate Manager-Operations, Was part of the Core Operations Team of an online platform which disrupted the construction Industry

Gracetec Group-2 years- Joined Dads Business group,We are a group of 7 companies. I was part of the operations of the Parent Company(Mechanical,Electrical and Plumbing Contractors). Successfully Completed 28Cr Hospital Project within 12 months. Was the face of the company at site,headed meetings with clients,Improved processes at site,made sure it was cost controlled. Initiated the merging of Interior designing firm founded by college seniors to expand our scope of work . On the process of acquiring a solar company to add on to out current Work Profile. Implemented Lean Process Improvement at all sites,Improved inventory and site tracking using cloud interface

Extra Curricular Activities-
Volunteered at NGOS,Literary and Debating Secretary at College,Colllege Football team member,Co-ordinator at college fests

Hi,

Your work ex is very unique. Not many switch from family business to a job. Having said that, your no.of years of work ex is low. Maybe wait a couple of years before pursuing an MBA ?
If you have an ongoing involvement in an NGO, then its great. I hope you can demonstrate some quality leadership experience here too.
Have you taken GMAT? If not, you must already know to aim high 700+ for ISB. Maybe even higher since you're education background is engineering. I would be happy to schedule a free call to discuss your profile in depth. Hope this helps.

Best,
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
My profile

10th- 95%
12th 96%

Btech IIT Kharagpur- 8.45/10 CGPA

work experience -3yrs (Tata Motors)
manager-suspension design
average extra curricular

I am interested to do an MBA for career and personal growth.

pls evaluate my profile
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Send PM
I guess most of you have read the article on The Economic Times regarding the ISB Placements. If not, visit the following
https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/art ... aign=cppst

So what does it imply:
22 lakhs average salary, is ISB still worth the hype?

The Economic times came out today saying that the average salary offered at ISB this year is Rs 22 lakh. What does this mean in the Indian scenario? How does ISB fare when compared with IIM A,B,C? How great is the ROI at ISB?

If you have these question, we have the answers.

What does this mean for you?

At a 22lakhs average, a good estimate would be that 60% of the class is either at this number or below it. So does that mean that you will end up with a 20lakh job for sure if you manage to go to ISB? No is the answer. Though ISB does put a lower limit on what firms can pay, it goes as low as 18 lakhs. Not too bad in the Indian scenario. ISB’s lower limit is higher than IIMA and that too by a good margin.

How good is the return on investment?

The cost of the PGP at ISB fluctuates around the 30L mark. Now if 60% of the class gets 22L or less and you’re probably in that bracket, the difference in the money you make and the money you pay is a whopping 10L. Hold on before you start criticizing ISB, it is the same for the top 3 B-Schools in India, unless you end up with a 15L job there, well then its worse.

But ROI can’t just be measured by monetary aspects. Brand value is a salient feature in the MBA game.

ISB alumni report a 160% increase in salaries three years after graduation. Hardly any B schools in the country can boast of that.

How to measure the value of your placement?

This one is simple and quite different from what most people would like to believe. There are two chunks that make a job whole. One being the money they offer you, for instance 22L at ISB.

The other chunk that everyone seems to ignore is the year on year growth. Let us give you an example. You land a 20L job at ISB, your friend also lands a 20L job but at another firm.

You grow at 20% every year, he grows at 5%.

Should you go for an MBA if you are already earning a high(debatable definition) salary?

Always, go for an MBA(provided you want to do it), it makes more financial sense in the long run. You can always find out the NPV for doing an MBA. What should really matter is that the MBA from a good B-School gives you a higher salary and higher growth rate. The fees you pay to ISB is essentially for the above two factors. This is what makes ISB a lucrative option in the long run.

You can read more at: https://thebootcamp.biz/isb-sees-an-over ... s-for-you/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Hi All,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest me whether my profile suits the program and if yes, what is the GMAT score I must target for ISB, and IIMs

My academics are :

Basic Academic
*10th : 60 %
*12th: 78 %
*Graduation :- 50 % ( Correspondence -since per Chartered Accountant regulation, along with the CA, regular graduation is not allowed)

Professional Academic

*Completed 2.5 year of Article Ship from one of the top 20 CA firm in India
*Completed 1 year of Industrial Training from one of the Leading Real-estate company in North India
*Cleared CA in First Attempt

Work Experience

* 4 year of post qualification experience in the field of Internal Audit, SOX Compliance, and Oracle Implementation
* Around 1 month of experience in US, and UK
* During the employment, Worked 2.5 year in Wipro, and 1.5 year in XL Catlin
* Worked with many clients of different geography (India, Europe, and US)

CA Practice

*Started my own CA practice/ Consulting Service since February 2017

Ex-Cur
* Know Spanish ( Basic)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1586 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
HITMAN09 wrote:
Hi All,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest me whether my profile suits the program and if yes, what is the GMAT score I must target for ISB, and IIMs

My academics are :

Basic Academic
*Graduation :- 50 % ( Correspondence -since per Chartered Accountant regulation, along with the CA, regular graduation is not allowed)

Professional Academic

*Completed 1 year of Industrial Training from one of the Leading Real-estate company in North India

Work Experience

* 4 year of post qualification experience in the field of Internal Audit, SOX Compliance, and Oracle Implementation

CA Practice

Ex-Cur
* Know Spanish ( Basic)

Hi

Your overall profile is quite suitable for ISB. Further inputs:
- Your CA credentials definitely add value to your candidature. 4 years of post-articleship experience is good with ISB.
- Your international work experience will be a big plus. Your employers are well-known too, so no issues there.
- Your academics haven't been outstanding, even though you did clear the CA exams in the first attempt. Although a GMAT score of 680+ would put you into contention, try and aim for 700+.
- You will also need to cover the key question on why you wish to pursue an MBA so soon after starting your own practice. Not saying this cannot be answered, but only that answering it well will be a prerogative.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
HITMAN09 wrote:
Hi All,

My academics are :

Basic Academic

Professional Academic

Work Experience

CA Practice

Ex-Cur
* Know Spanish ( Basic)

Hi

Your overall profile is quite suitable for ISB. Further inputs:
- Your CA credentials definitely add value to your candidature. 4 years of post-articleship experience is good with ISB.
- Your international work experience will be a big plus. Your employers are well-known too, so no issues there.
- Your academics haven't been outstanding, even though you did clear the CA exams in the first attempt. Although a GMAT score of 680+ would put you into contention, try and aim for 700+.
- You will also need to cover the key question on why you wish to pursue an MBA so soon after starting your own practice. Not saying this cannot be answered, but only that answering it well will be a prerogative.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable evaluation.

Further, I have few queries on your response, and would appreciate if you could provide me the clarification.

1. Your overall profile is quite suitable for ISB. Further inputs: - Your CA credentials definitely add value to your candidature. 4 years of post-articleship experience is good with ISB.

Response :- Is my profile not suitable for IIMs ? Please suggest

2. Your academics haven't been outstanding, even though you did clear the CA exams in the first attempt. Although a GMAT score of 680+ would put you into contention, try and aim for 700+.

Response :- I can understand about my academics, and afraid because of it. Further, Although I’m targeting 700+ GMAT score, I think clearing CA in first attempt, and completing Article Ship from Top 20 CA Firm, and Industrial Training would overcome this problem. Please Suggest.

3. You will also need to cover the key question on why you wish to pursue an MBA so soon after starting your own practice. Not saying this cannot be answered, but only that answering it well will be a prerogative.

Response :- Thanks for highlighting this point. Could you please provide me any suggestion on it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM