GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jan 2019, 03:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • 4 Tips for Interviews

January 18, 2019

January 18, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

4 tips that will help you prepare for MBA interviews
  • Personal MBA Coach’s Overview of Top EMBA Programs

January 19, 2019

January 19, 2019

Personal MBA Coach's Overview of Top EMBA Programs eBook To download for free, join our mailing list and receive weekly tips on perfecting your MBA applications

ISB - Profile Evolution

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
ISB - Profile Evolution  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 10 Jan 2019, 21:03
Hi,
I have completed my B.E. (Instrumentation and Control) in 2011 (Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (VIT), University of Pune).
I worked for Honeywell for 7.1 years. Now, I took a break and started working (part time) for eCommerce company. I am planning to take my GMAT in next 6 months though I already took GRE.

*Honeywell : Engineer; Engineering, Project Management, Commercial Estimation, Business Process Excellence Auditor and Team Management for global projects.
Awards : 3 awards, and 12 customer appreciations

*eCommerce Company : Business Consultant; Operations, and Marketing.

B.E. : 68.04%
12th : 67.80%
10th : 59.20%
GRE : 330
AWA : 5

Certifications : Six Sigma Certification, Indian Red Cross Society Certification, Six Sigma Program Management Certification, Project Management Professional Certification and doing Certified Management Accounting (IMA - US) Certification.

Awards : CSR Hero of the year (Honeywell), Best Autonomous Robot in India (ROBOCON).

Extra Curricular activities (since 2011):
1. Vice Curator of Global Shapers Community and initiative of World Economic Forum leading 6 social impactful projects and team of 25 volunteers at the city. Working on United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
2. Working with City Municipal Corporation for Citizen Satisfaction survey (city level HDI-Human Development Index).
3. CSR committee member at Honeywell : Handled 5 projects from Education Environment and Health sector.

MBAkarma
Career Goals : Strategy, or Consulting
Career Break : For GMAT study

Could you please let me know, what are chances of getting into ISB?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ajitkumar

Originally posted by AJITKUMAR1990 on 10 Jan 2019, 02:02.
Last edited by AJITKUMAR1990 on 10 Jan 2019, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
ISB - Profile Evolution  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 05:50
Hello AJITKUMAR1990

While your profile looks decent on paper and can succeed with good execution of written application/essays.
GRE score looks good- since you have already taken the test, and the score is good. Both tests are equally acceptable.
AJITKUMAR1990
Cannot speculate much on these career goals, as these are the most sought after roles but very few people get it. You will need to prove to the adcom why this role is the next logical step in your career and why you will be a good fit to achieve the said role.
EDIT 1 after your additional remarks
Unarguably, career break for GMAT is one of the worst things applicants can do for their application. Look at it this way- everyone else is balancing GMAT and applications along with a full time job, then taking such a break makes your case much weaker. You have time between now and the next year- I would recommend taking up a full time position as soon as possible otherwise your gap will become longer (unless you are applying to R3 this year).

You may want to read here on what to focus on to make your profile strong and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

AJITKUMAR1990 wrote:
Hi,
I have completed my B.E. (Instrumentation and Control) in 2011 (Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (VIT), University of Pune).
I worked for Honeywell for 7.1 years. Now, I took a break and started working (part time) for eCommerce company. I am planning to take my GMAT in next 6 months though I already took GRE.

*Honeywell : Engineer; Engineering, Project Management, Commercial Estimation, Business Process Excellence Auditor and Team Management for global projects.
Awards : 3 awards, and 12 customer appreciations

*eCommerce Company : Business Consultant; Operations, and Marketing.

B.E. : 68.04%
12th : 67.80%
10th : 59.20%
GRE : 330
AWA : 5

Certifications : Six Sigma Certification, Indian Red Cross Society Certification, Six Sigma Program Management Certification, Project Management Professional Certification and doing Certified Management Accounting (IMA - US) Certification.

Awards : CSR Hero of the year (Honeywell), Best Autonomous Robot in India (ROBOCON).

Extra Curricular activities (since 2011):
1. Vice Curator of Global Shapers Community and initiative of World Economic Forum leading 6 social impactful projects and team of 25 volunteers at the city. Working on United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
2. Working with City Municipal Corporation for Citizen Satisfaction survey (city level HDI-Human Development Index).
3. CSR committee member at Honeywell : Handled 5 projects from Education Environment and Health sector.

Could you please let me know, what are chances of getting into ISB?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Ajitkumar

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

GMAT Club Bot
ISB - Profile Evolution &nbs [#permalink] 10 Jan 2019, 05:50

ISB - Profile Evolution

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap