Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 20 Jul 2019, 11:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Issue with GMAT exam

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member
Issue with GMAT exam  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 16:12
I just wrote my GMAT exam today and scored a 720, IR - 5 (last IR score was 8). While the scores are definitely not up to the mark, I faced an issue with the GMAT exam. In the IR section, I was taken from question 9 to 11 directly and number 10 was never shown. Later, I assumed that I clicked the next button twice but then I remembered that after clicking next, there is a confirmation box shown and so I couldn't have skipped a question through clicking the next button. I was wondering if anyone has faced any such issue before? I have written to GMAT and awaiting a response from them.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 540 Q44 V21
Re: Issue with GMAT exam  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Dec 2018, 22:45
Hi gauravhalder87, first of all congratulations on the awesome score.

720 and not enough? What is your dream score, I think if you have a strong profile - 720 can be apt for most of the top b-schools.
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 02:44
gauravhalder87 wrote:
I just wrote my GMAT exam today and scored a 720, IR - 5 (last IR score was 8). While the scores are definitely not up to the mark, I faced an issue with the GMAT exam. In the IR section, I was taken from question 9 to 11 directly and number 10 was never shown. Later, I assumed that I clicked the next button twice but then I remembered that after clicking next, there is a confirmation box shown and so I couldn't have skipped a question through clicking the next button. I was wondering if anyone has faced any such issue before? I have written to GMAT and awaiting a response from them.
It seems that the exam didn't even check whether the question had been answered. Let Pearson know about this on phone (they are very slow to respond to emails).
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 07:27
Thank you AjiteshArun and DarkHorse2019. Actually, I didn't mean to say that the score is bad, it's just not up to the mark. Yes, I am from one of the most over represented groups and am aiming for a top college (Indian - IT Male Engineer). I was scoring quite high in the GMATPrep mocks and so was expecting at least a 740. Anyways, I will not rant about it.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I will call them up. One further question - if there is an issue, what are the mitigating steps they take? Do they allow the candidate to take the GMAT again? A new score at this time will be problematic as I will miss the R2 deadlines which I am targeting for.
CEO
CEO
V
GMAT 1: 780 Q50 V51
GRE 1: Q170 V169

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 08:22
gauravhalder87 wrote:
Thank you AjiteshArun and DarkHorse2019. Actually, I didn't mean to say that the score is bad, it's just not up to the mark. Yes, I am from one of the most over represented groups and am aiming for a top college (Indian - IT Male Engineer). I was scoring quite high in the GMATPrep mocks and so was expecting at least a 740. Anyways, I will not rant about it.

Thanks for the suggestions though, I will call them up. One further question - if there is an issue, what are the mitigating steps they take? Do they allow the candidate to take the GMAT again? A new score at this time will be problematic as I will miss the R2 deadlines which I am targeting for.
The biggest problem is getting them to accept that there was a problem :)

But yes, they'll offer you a retake. They won't cancel your earlier score. If by any chance they say that a retake would mean a cancellation of your 720, just decline the offer and go ahead with your applications. If you didn't cancel the earlier attempt your 8 will anyway be visible to any school that's interested in your IR score.

All the best, and let us know what Pearson says about what happened during your exam.
Affiliations: Target Test Prep

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2018, 19:15
Wow, that is very odd. Let us know what Pearson says once you contact them.

Scott Woodbury-Stewart

Founder and CEO

Scott@TargetTestPrep.com
TTP - Target Test Prep Logo
122 Reviews

5-star rated online GMAT quant
self study course

See why Target Test Prep is the top rated GMAT quant course on GMAT Club. Read Our Reviews

If you find one of my posts helpful, please take a moment to click on the "Kudos" button.

Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 02 Jan 2019, 11:06
So, I phoned Pearson Vue, they have opened a case and agreed to get back within 3-5 business days, I will post an update once they respond.
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2019, 12:57
I got an update from Pearson on Jan-15:
-------------------------------------------------
Thank you for contacting Pearson VUE GMAT Customer Service with your concern. We have researched your request and would like to let you know that there were no errors found when we reviewed your exam. All items on the exam were presented and responded to. No items were skipped.

Each exam goes through a two-step scoring process using different algorithms and is scored at different locations. In order for a score to become reportable, all of these methods must match 100%. The scores that you received on both your unofficial and official score reports are accurate and contain no errors.

Please contact us at your earliest convenience if you have any other questions at 1-800-717-4628 Monday through Friday, from 7 am - 7 pm CST. Please reference case number ###; the case is our way of tracking this situation. We will be closing this incident at this time.
-------------------------------------------------
In any case, I don't have sufficient time left to re-write the GMAT exam and so I am not pursuing this further. Thanks everyone for your help!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Issue with GMAT exam   [#permalink] 18 Jan 2019, 12:57

Issue with GMAT exam

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: DisciplinedPrep