It is currently 20 Sep 2017, 06:18

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

It is widely believed that eating chocolate can cause acne.

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 64

GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.82
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge CAT Tests
It is widely believed that eating chocolate can cause acne. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2017, 19:37
This post was
BOOKMARKED
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

65% (hard)

Question Stats:

58% (01:15) correct 42% (01:35) wrong based on 177 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

It is widely believed that eating chocolate can cause acne. Indeed, many people who are susceptible to acne report that, in their own experience, eating large amounts of chocolate is invariably followed by an outbreak of that skin condition. However, it is likely that common wisdom has mistaken an effect for a cause. Several recent scientific studies indicate that hormonal changes associated with stress can cause acne and there is good evidence that people who are fond of chocolate tend to eat more chocolate when they are under stress

Of the following, which one most accurately expresses the main point of the argument?

(A) People are mistaken who insist that whenever they eat large amounts of chocolate they invariably suffer from an outbreak of acne,

(B) The more chocolate a person eats, the more likely that person is to experience the hormonal changes associated with stress.

(C) Eating large amounts of chocolate is more Likely to cause stress than it is to cause outbreaks of acne.

(D) It is less likely that eating large amounts of chocolate causes acne than that both the chocolate eating and the acne are caused by stress.

(E) The more stress a person experiences, the more likely that person is to crave chocolate,

Source: LSAT
[Reveal] Spoiler: OA

If you like my posts, please give kudos. Help me unlock gmatclub tests.

Kudos [?]: 56 [0], given: 64

1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Kudos [?]: 70 [1], given: 251

Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GPA: 3.76
Reviews Badge
Re: It is widely believed that eating chocolate can cause acne. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2017, 21:52
This post received
KUDOS
mkrishnabdrr wrote:
It is widely believed that eating chocolate can cause acne. Indeed, many people who are susceptible to acne report that, in their own experience, eating large amounts of chocolate is invariably followed by an outbreak of that skin condition. However, it is likely that common wisdom has mistaken an effect for a cause. Several recent scientific studies indicate that hormonal changes associated with stress can cause acne and there is good evidence that people who are fond of chocolate tend to eat more chocolate when they are under stress

Of the following, which one most accurately expresses the main point of the argument?

(A) People are mistaken who insist that whenever they eat large amounts of chocolate they invariably suffer from an outbreak of acne, [argument do say this this but it isnt the main point] wrong

(B) The more chocolate a person eats, the more likely that person is to experience the hormonal changes associated with stress. [Nope, argument say that stress causes eating of chocolate wrong]

(C) Eating large amounts of chocolate is more Likely to cause stress than it is to cause outbreaks of acne. [totally wrong stress causes both eating chocolate and acne] wrong

(D) It is less likely that eating large amounts of chocolate causes acne than that both the chocolate eating and the acne are caused by stress. [see the wordings, less likely---> it isnt extreme word, writer agree that stress cause eating chocolate and acne] right

(E) The more stress a person experiences, the more likely that person is to crave chocolate, [the argument isnt about relation of stress and craving of chocolate] wrong

Source: LSAT

D is the right option as it says that it is less likely that chocolate causes acne but it is the stress causing acne and eating of chocolate

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds. -Larry Bird
Success isn't something that just happens - success is learned, success is practiced and then it is shared. -Sparky Anderson
-S

Kudos [?]: 70 [1], given: 251

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

It is widely believed that eating chocolate can cause acne. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2017, 05:50
Yes I think that a huge amount of chocolate really can cause acne. I know it from my experience. I had been visiting dermatologist for a long time, it cost me a fortune. But then one my good friend suggested to buy one of these machines https://bimedis.com/search/search-items ... -equipment so I could clean the face at home. The effect was amazing. After three procedures I saw the needed results:pores became clean and skin less oily.

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

It is widely believed that eating chocolate can cause acne.   [#permalink] 22 Aug 2017, 05:50