It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 07:39

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

j allen morris profile - thanks!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
SVP
SVP

Kudos [?]: 623 [0], given: 32

Schools: Hard Knocks
j allen morris profile - thanks! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2008, 06:40
Program: MBA FT
Areas of interest in MBA (not going into all 4): GM, Finance, MC, Ent.
GMAT: 720 (Q47, V42)
GPA: 3.05; 3.5-3.7 last 60 hours ( raised my GPA from a 2.8 to a 3.05 the last 3 semesters)
Undergrad School: Oklahoma Wesleyan University (Top 10 Baccalaureate School in the West according to US News)
Graduate School: Oklahoma City University School of Law. Attended so I could work in Politics as Oklahoma City is the state's capitol and hub of all OK politics.
Work experience: 12 months graphic design/website development; 14 months law firm during law school; 18 months Field Rep for U.S. Congressman; 18 months Legal Auditor for Top 3 insurance company;
Leadership: Senior Class President (Undergrad); Student ambassador for OWU my sophomore year; College Republican Chairman Senior Year; Elected Class Representative first 2 years of law school; Student Ambassador 2nd year of law school; Elected Clerk of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity 2nd year; founding member of Corporate Law Society;
Nationality Caucasian American
Age28 (29 @ Matriculation)
Gender Male
Extra-curriculars/community/leadership:Gov't Affairs committee volunteer for Northwest OKC Chamber of Commerce; Organized statewide candidate forum. I serve on the leadership board of the sunday school class I attend. I have also designed (for free or at cost) numerous websites for non-profit groups. I'm also an avid pilot (120 hours logged), golfer, and carpenter.

Target Schools and Rounds

HBS: Round 1 (On the fence. I'm think my app fee would be better served at a more realistic school)

Yale: Round 1

Tuck: Round 1

Kellogg

I'm looking for one more Round 1, but am not sure which school I should go for. I'll also select 2 or 3 for Round 2.

Ross
Columbia
Chicago (Chicago area schools are high on my wife's list)
Wharton
Tepper (CMU)

Feedback is greatly appreciated so I can fill out the rest of my schools I'll apply to.

On of my recommenders is a Harvard alumn. Not planning on this being a huge thing, but it certainly can't hurt.

I would like to go into General Management or Management Consulting. Long-term goal is to start my own aviation underwriting company for hull and pilot life insurance. The finance aspect of many of these schools would be a huge asset in running that type of company, as well as the general management background to motivate people and produce the best results.

------------------------------------
J Allen Morris
**I'm pretty sure I'm right, but then again, I'm just a guy with his head up his a$$.

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Kudos [?]: 623 [0], given: 32

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Re: j allen morris profile - thanks! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2008, 15:34
jallenmorris,

Sorry for the late reply; I've been traveling. Your profile has a lot of really distinctive features that should really help you, including your law degree, political work, and unusual post-MBA goals. Still, your age, lack of really killer extracurriculars (though your E/Cs are pretty strong), and questions about how much leadership you've had at work make me wonder whether Harvard is realistic. However, feel free to apply there if you really need to know whether you could have gotten in there.

You certainly should have a decent (Columbia, Tuck, Kellogg, Chicago, Wharton) to good (Tepper, Yale, Michigan) chance at all the other schools you named.

Hope this helps,

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Kudos [?]: 583 [0], given: 74

Re: j allen morris profile - thanks!   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2008, 15:34

j allen morris profile - thanks!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap