Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 11:58 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 11:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.53
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [1]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
rjackloski wrote:
Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time. Your question about the choice of MBA program is one I've been grappling with a lot myself. I'd love to get your input on my thought process.

I know that I don't want to do an MBA completely focused on fashion. I'm still early in my career, and I want to have flexibility down the road if I decide to make another career transition. I also enjoy learning about running a business in general, as opposed to specifics related to one industry.

A huge reason Cambridge is my first choice is the name recognition among most people. It's likely I'll work in the US for most of my career. Schools that are very highly ranked (INSEAD, HEC, etc.) just don't have the same name recognition here. Although Cambridge is not ranked quite as highly, I think there is a lot of value in saying "I got my MBA at Cambridge" versus at a school that is ranked higher but most people have never heard of.

Hmm... maybe you should wait a year or two before you apply for the MBA then. The additional years working can help you understand:
1. your career goals. I see your full time experience is not in the fashion industry so far, so it will help to know what really you want to do.
2. Location of the MBA - would it make sense to just do an MBA from the US where you eventually wish to be. Or do you want that international exposure, which you will definitely get at a European b-school. You can even work in the Europe region before you move back to the US. However, this can be a topic you can get more clarity on.
3. where do you wish to focus during the MBA.- You don't have to specialize in a fashion track during your MBA. General management skills which you will get studying the core curriculum are required in every industry, including fashion and retail. So you don't have to take a fashion related concentration. However, if you are not so sure about your career track, waiting to apply can help you get some more clarity on this.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hey rjackloski,

Overall, your profile for the judge business school's MBA program appears strong, with several notable achievements and experiences. Here is your evaluation:

Strengths:

Undergraduate education from New York University, which carries a reputable academic standing.
Good GMAT score of 710, showcasing solid verbal and quantitative abilities.
Relevant work experience in operations management within the industrials industry, demonstrating your understanding of business operations.
Internships at recognizable fashion companies, indicating your interest and exposure to the fashion industry.
Involvement in extracurricular activities, such as founding and holding leadership positions in fashion-related associations, which demonstrates your
passion and dedication.
International experience through study abroad and extensive travel, reflecting your global perspective and adaptability.
Clear motivation for pursuing an MBA to accelerate your transition into a strategy role at a European fashion company.

Areas for Improvement:

Your concern about your quantitative profile is valid. While your GMAT quant score is not exceptionally high, it is not prohibitively low either. However, it would be beneficial to emphasize your quantitative skills through additional coursework or certifications, if possible, to bolster your profile.

The reputation of the judge business school and its culture of innovation aligns with your career aspirations in the fashion industry, which strengthens your fit with the program.
Applying in the final round may reduce your chances slightly, as there may be limited spots available. However, it's still possible to gain admission, especially if you highlight your unique qualities and contributions.
Your short-term goal of securing a strategy role at a European fashion company aligns well with your long-term goal of becoming a chief strategy officer, providing a clear and logical career trajectory.

In summary, while your quantitative profile may be a concern, your overall profile showcases relevant experience, leadership, and international exposure. By highlighting your strengths and addressing the potential weaknesses, you have a good chance of being considered for the MBA program at Judge Business School.

If you have any additional questions about your profile or the program and would like to have a more thorough and personalized discussion with our top profile experts, please feel free to schedule a call with us. We would be more than happy to assist you.
Book a free profile evaluation now!

Good luck!

Testimonials
Meet our Panel of Consultants.
MBA and Beyond

rjackloski wrote:
Name/username: rjackloski
Country/Location : United States
Under-Graduate School : New York University (econ major, not Stern)
Under-Graduate GPA: 3.53
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 710 (43 Q | 44 V | 7 IR | 6 AW)
Total Work Experience : 2.5 years (3 at matriculation)
Pre-MBA Industry : Operations Management, Industrials
Target industry post-MBA: Fashion
Brief about Work Experience : Two internships at very recognizable fashion companies during undergrad. Current employer is very well-regarded, but it's sort of an if you know you know company
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Former manager
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Founding President or college's Fashion Business Association while studying abroad, Treasurer of Fashion Business Association in New York; Treasurer or local book bank since graduating
International Experience : Study abroad in Florence for a semester; extensive travel throughout Europe (11+ countries)
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Accelerate pivot to a strategy role at a European fashion company
Why CJBS? : Culture of innovation
Which Round did you apply in? : Final round
Short-Term Goal : strategy role at a European fashion company
Long-Term Goal : chief strategy officer at fashion company

Any comments: I'm worried that my quant profile is weak. I have a low quant score on the GMAT, and a spotty undergrad record in quant (mostly B's, a few A's). Hoping name brand school will help.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
rjackloski wrote:
Name/username: rjackloski
Country/Location : United States
Under-Graduate School : New York University (econ major, not Stern)
Under-Graduate GPA: 3.53
GMAT/GRE Test scores: 710 (43 Q | 44 V | 7 IR | 6 AW)
Total Work Experience : 2.5 years (3 at matriculation)
Pre-MBA Industry : Operations Management, Industrials
Target industry post-MBA: Fashion
Brief about Work Experience : Two internships at very recognizable fashion companies during undergrad. Current employer is very well-regarded, but it's sort of an if you know you know company
What is your relation to the Recommenders?(Manager. client etc): Former manager
Volunteering/Extra-curriculars: Founding President or college's Fashion Business Association while studying abroad, Treasurer of Fashion Business Association in New York; Treasurer or local book bank since graduating
International Experience : Study abroad in Florence for a semester; extensive travel throughout Europe (11+ countries)
The motivation for MBA and why Now brief? : Accelerate pivot to a strategy role at a European fashion company
Why CJBS? : Culture of innovation
Which Round did you apply in? : Final round
Short-Term Goal : strategy role at a European fashion company
Long-Term Goal : chief strategy officer at fashion company

Any comments: I'm worried that my quant profile is weak. I have a low quant score on the GMAT, and a spotty undergrad record in quant (mostly B's, a few A's). Hoping name brand school will help.

Hey rjackloski,

Your profile demonstrates several strengths and areas for improvement. Having attended New York University with a major in economics, your undergraduate GPA of 3.53 is commendable. Additionally, your GMAT score of 710 is impressive. However, with 2.5 years of work experience, it is crucial to highlight your achievements and growth in operations management.

To strengthen your application, clearly convey your passion for the fashion industry and your alignment with a strategy role. Highlight any internships you have had with renowned fashion companies, emphasising your specific accomplishments and contributions. Additionally, underscore the impact and reputation of your current employer, and consider leveraging a former manager as a recommender to enhance your application.

Demonstrate your leadership abilities through extracurricular roles and highlight any study abroad experiences. To address any concerns about your quantitative skills, emphasise relevant coursework and consider pursuing additional quantitative courses or certifications to showcase your proficiency in this area.

Tailor your application to showcase your strengths and address any weaknesses. Use specific examples to illustrate your leadership and problem-solving abilities. For instance, highlight how you led a cross-functional team to reduce lead time and inventory holding costs, or how you implemented a new scheduling system to resolve a production bottleneck and increase capacity. Additionally, emphasize instances where you collaborated with different departments, resulting in higher sales or improved operational efficiency.

Remember to quantify your achievements to effectively demonstrate the impact of your leadership. By incorporating these suggestions and crafting a compelling application, you can significantly enhance your chances of admission.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Please evaluate my profile

Demographics: Mumbai, India, Male, 24 yr.

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3
Class XII - 73.6% (MP Board, 2016-2017)
Class X - 7.3 CGPA (CBSE, 2015)

GMAT: My first attempt score is 710 (Verbal - 39, Quant - 48)

Work Experience - 2 yr full time + 1 yr Internship
* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a Category Lead - Founder's Office in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

*Leading Team and Customer Strategy: As a seasoned professional, I have led a diverse team of 50 individuals across three verticals: Category Management, Operations, and B2B Partnerships. By fostering collaboration and utilizing my expertise in customer strategy, I have successfully conceptualized and executed end-to-end strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and drive business growth.
*Career Coaching and Student Mentorship: I formalized and mentored a team of career coaches to ensure effective guidance and support for students. By understanding their program outcomes, I facilitated a productive learning environment and helped students achieve their goals.
*Profit and Loss Management: I have demonstrated expertise in managing portfolios with a monthly turnover of over 4 Crores INR. By leveraging my financial acumen, I effectively handled profit and loss responsibilities, optimizing financial outcomes and ensuring sustainable growth.
*Sales Collaboration and Performance Tracking: Collaborating closely with the sales team, I actively tracked their performance and provided valuable inputs to increase product sales. By aligning sales strategies with overall business objectives, I fostered a revenue-focused environment and achieved exceptional results.
Product Launch and Business Development: I played a pivotal role in launching new products, including courses, an online testing platform, and white-labeled products. Through comprehensive market research and strategic planning, I successfully expanded the product portfolio and drove revenue growth.
*Strategic Partnerships: I have built strong partnerships with renowned international clients in the education industry, such as Coursera and Springboard. Additionally, I collaborated with top management colleges in India, including XLRI, IIMs, IMTs, and IMIs, to foster mutually beneficial relationships and drive business expansion.
*Business Strategy and Content Management: I formulated comprehensive business strategies, optimizing content quality management processes to meet the evolving needs of educators and customers. By leveraging my expertise in content and curriculum design, I facilitated productive interactions and enhanced customer satisfaction.

LEADERSHIP ROLES AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY :

Department of Youth Capital:

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Expert Reply
somubarua13 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Please evaluate my profile

Demographics: Mumbai, India, Male, 24 yr.

Education: B.tech in Electronics and Communication, Lovely professional University( 2017 - 2021) with CGPA - 7.3
Class XII - 73.6% (MP Board, 2016-2017)
Class X - 7.3 CGPA (CBSE, 2015)

GMAT: My first attempt score is 710 (Verbal - 39, Quant - 48)

Work Experience - 2 yr full time + 1 yr Internship
* Started my career as Program Analyst Intern in Board Infinity(Edutech Startup) in May 2020(the final year of my B.tech).
* I worked as a program analyst for 6 months and got promoted after 6 months as associate program manager after the successful completion of multiple projects.
* In the year 2021 after a year of completion of my internship and college degree I got promoted to Category Manager, because I was a key member of the team during periods when the team was severely understaffed, always a top performer, automated lots of processes, responsible for multiple entities and for parts of the group consolidation.
* Currently, I am working as a Category Lead - Founder's Office in Board Infinity itself as a core team member. Managing a team of 16 and handling 3-4 verticals in the organisation.

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES

*Leading Team and Customer Strategy: As a seasoned professional, I have led a diverse team of 50 individuals across three verticals: Category Management, Operations, and B2B Partnerships. By fostering collaboration and utilizing my expertise in customer strategy, I have successfully conceptualized and executed end-to-end strategies to enhance customer satisfaction and drive business growth.
*Career Coaching and Student Mentorship: I formalized and mentored a team of career coaches to ensure effective guidance and support for students. By understanding their program outcomes, I facilitated a productive learning environment and helped students achieve their goals.
*Profit and Loss Management: I have demonstrated expertise in managing portfolios with a monthly turnover of over 4 Crores INR. By leveraging my financial acumen, I effectively handled profit and loss responsibilities, optimizing financial outcomes and ensuring sustainable growth.
*Sales Collaboration and Performance Tracking: Collaborating closely with the sales team, I actively tracked their performance and provided valuable inputs to increase product sales. By aligning sales strategies with overall business objectives, I fostered a revenue-focused environment and achieved exceptional results.
Product Launch and Business Development: I played a pivotal role in launching new products, including courses, an online testing platform, and white-labeled products. Through comprehensive market research and strategic planning, I successfully expanded the product portfolio and drove revenue growth.
*Strategic Partnerships: I have built strong partnerships with renowned international clients in the education industry, such as Coursera and Springboard. Additionally, I collaborated with top management colleges in India, including XLRI, IIMs, IMTs, and IMIs, to foster mutually beneficial relationships and drive business expansion.
*Business Strategy and Content Management: I formulated comprehensive business strategies, optimizing content quality management processes to meet the evolving needs of educators and customers. By leveraging my expertise in content and curriculum design, I facilitated productive interactions and enhanced customer satisfaction.

LEADERSHIP ROLES AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY :

Department of Youth Capital:

* Volunteered at the Department of Youth Capital, in the Division of Student Welfare, where I contributed to office management tasks.
* Successfully handled all Public Relation requirements and ensured the smooth functioning of different teams.
* Effectively managed office management tasks, including data entry, scheduling, and organising events.
* Developed strong organisational skills and attention to detail while single-handedly managing office management responsibilities.
* Collaborated with other volunteers to ensure seamless execution of events and projects.
*Headed and Conducted North India's biggest fest Youthvibe as Head of Relations.

Hey somubarua13,

Your academic background is solid, with relevant work experience, commendable leadership roles and GMAT score of 710 in your 1st attempt. To further enhance your profile, focus on areas that will give you an extra edge in the admissions process.

By emphasising your academic achievements and illustrating your professional impact through quantifiable accomplishments and strategic projects, you can add brownie points to your profile.

Your leadership and teamwork skills are crucial, so provide concrete examples of leading teams, resolving conflicts, and achieving shared objectives. Your collaborations with international entities, and the outcomes thereof, will showcase your global perspective.

Highlight your extracurricular contributions, showing how your initiative made a difference. In your personal statement, weave together these aspects, underlining your unique qualities, passion, and alignment with your targeted programs.

As examples, share how you've led customer strategy, mentored students, or managed profit and loss, using storytelling to highlight your challenges, actions, and achievements.

While your profile is suitable for your targeted schools, you should also consider Duke, NYU Stern, Kenan Flagler, LBS, Imperial, INSEAD, and Chicago Booth, given their alignment with your demonstrated skills and experiences.

If you need more help, we'd be happy to set up a call and give more pointers on how to improve your profile and the right schools you should target.
You can setup a call via this link:
https://bit.ly/3DSH5km
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.92
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Previous Cambridge MBA graduate here from several years ago. Best of luck for this years application.

I have recently written a post with my actual answer to one of the essay questions along and got an admissions consultant to provide commentary on it. Hopefully you'll find it helpful.

https://topmbaessays.com/blogs/cambridgemba

I also have a full application pack for sale ideal for those not using an admissions consultant. It includes a full application, reference letter with detail analysis and tips.

https://topmbaessays.com/cambridge

Drop me a DM for a discount code or if you have any questions for the Cambridge MBA. Happy to help where I can.

Best,

Dleerium
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619692 [0]
Given Kudos: 81613
Send PM
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Judge Profile Evaluation
Introducing New Better Profile Evaluations on GMAT Club!

Considering your application to a B-School? The first step in this significant journey is to evaluate your profile to gauge where you stand among the vast pool of applicants. We're excited to introduce a NEW and IMPROVED consolidated list of tools and platforms available on GMAT Club to assist you in this endeavor.