Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 13:07 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 13:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Math Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 619701 [1]
Given Kudos: 81613
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
[redacted]

Originally posted by CritiqueMBA on 11 Aug 2017, 05:03.
Last edited by CritiqueMBA on 28 Aug 2017, 07:02, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Re: Judge Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi there, many thanks for your time to read my information.

Background and nationality- Male, British, 26 ( will be 30 at the start of the programme)
Undergrad Information:-MPharm from a University of Bradford with a Merit Classification which is equivalent to a 2:1 ( graduated 2017)
GMAT- Not taken but aiming for a minimum of 680-700 to be competitive.
Work experience and leadership-I will be starting work as an Analyst at a Big 4 firm in the UK in the Tech Consulting division and I am looking to work there and move up the company for the next 3/4 years before I apply for the MBA.
Community and EC-President and Team Captain of clubs at my University. Volunteering events with organisations. Will look to carry on this in the coming years.
Post MBA goals-plans are split into two options
Option A- Work in a reputable Consulting firm in the UK
Option B- Work towards a senior management position in a Pharma firm in the UK.
Anything else? - I will be working towards the CIMA during my time at the Big 4 firm.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Would love an eval as I'm contemplating applying in R2 this year.

This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for Cambridge applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Background and nationality
Male, 26, Pakistani

Undergrad Information
Business undergrad degree from the leading business school in Pakistan. 3.5 GPA (Top 10 percentile of the class) with As and Bs in quant courses. Recipient of the university merit scholarship throughout the program.

GMAT:
730 (Q 45, V 46, IR 2, AWA 6) I don't think the IR or Quant scores are indicative of my ability and I'm hoping the rest of my application explains that.

Work experience and leadership
4 years of work experience in core brand management of consumer goods, first at a local blue chip market leader and- for the past 1.5 years- at a leading multinational. Responsible for brands with turnover > $250 mn and stewarded marketing budgets in excess of $5mn. (Note: Brand teams are very lean so I do not have direct subordinates, but I have been entrusted with interns and trainees)

Community and others
Debate and Model UN, during high school as a participant and later as a coach. Gained a lot of international exposure and leadership experience through attending and taking high school teams to conferences/tournaments all over the world.

Post MBA goals
Transition into consultancy to consolidate my understanding of business fundamentals for 2-3 years before returning to Pakistan to develop a profitable and equitable social enterprise, ideally in the dairy sector.

Anything else?
No idea how useful the career accelerator program is in securing jobs for international students, so any light that can be shed on that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I probably won't be able to secure a visa in time for the interview. Would that be counted against me in the process, since a) they do highly recommend a visit to Cambridge and b) this is completely out of my control.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
Undergrad- B.E. in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering with 54.4%
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 750 ( Q-50, V-41, AWA-4.5, IR-5)

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- Have received awards for my work at Airtel and previous organisations
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
2. Designed college website for "Peregrination"
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
4.Presented Paper on Mobile and Wireless Communication in Techvinox 2005.
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur
6.Second prize in "Wrocketry" organized at KIT Andhra Pradesh
7.Won HTML web page competition in School level competition

Please evaluate.
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2063 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
prabhs09 wrote:
Hi there, many thanks for your time to read my information.

Background and nationality- Male, British, 26 ( will be 30 at the start of the programme)
Undergrad Information:-MPharm from a University of Bradford with a Merit Classification which is equivalent to a 2:1 ( graduated 2017)
GMAT- Not taken but aiming for a minimum of 680-700 to be competitive.
Work experience and leadership-I will be starting work as an Analyst at a Big 4 firm in the UK in the Tech Consulting division and I am looking to work there and move up the company for the next 3/4 years before I apply for the MBA.
Community and EC-President and Team Captain of clubs at my University. Volunteering events with organisations. Will look to carry on this in the coming years.
Post MBA goals-plans are split into two options
Option A- Work in a reputable Consulting firm in the UK
Option B- Work towards a senior management position in a Pharma firm in the UK.
Anything else? - I will be working towards the CIMA during my time at the Big 4 firm.

Hey there,
Wellll I think there is a LOT to think about here, and that you may be jumping the gun (sorry for my Americanism :) ) on figuring out where to apply and what your chances are: You don't yet have your work experience, you have three more years to go, and don't have your GMAT. Plus your goals might change entirely in function of your work experience.

Sooooo really instead of focusing on "can I get into Judge"? Your REAL question should be: What can I DO to ensure I have the best chances? (Besides getting a great GMAT) What can you do to improve your profile over the next years???

I would like to present you with a list of ideas, which should help you:

- Definitely do at least one if not real real volunteer works while you are working. the BEST possible volunteer work is anything that has to do with leadership or fundraising, so if you see those opportunities, jump on them!

- Make sure you do the best possible at work, taking any opportunities to lead, to get involved in social events, to advance.

- Likewise try and keep up your life! What I mean is that schools LOVE candidates who have a broad range of activities and interests.

- If you have any interest in entrepreneurship as a side project, it can be good to have that in your profile.

- If you have any interest in politics as a side project, it can be good to have that in your profile.

There are probably more things that I am not yet thinking about, but this is a very good place to start!

Best,
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
RecoveringDebater wrote:
Hi everyone,

Would love an eval as I'm contemplating applying in R2 this year.

This thread is the master profile evaluations thread for Cambridge applications only. We do not want random profile evaluation threads everywhere on the forum. This will help people get some consolidated (and free :P ) advice from consultants and help others learn as well.

Post your profile here if you want!

Background and nationality
Male, 26, Pakistani

Undergrad Information
Business undergrad degree from the leading business school in Pakistan. 3.5 GPA (Top 10 percentile of the class) with As and Bs in quant courses. Recipient of the university merit scholarship throughout the program.

GMAT:
730 (Q 45, V 46, IR 2, AWA 6) I don't think the IR or Quant scores are indicative of my ability and I'm hoping the rest of my application explains that.

Work experience and leadership
4 years of work experience in core brand management of consumer goods, first at a local blue chip market leader and- for the past 1.5 years- at a leading multinational. Responsible for brands with turnover > $250 mn and stewarded marketing budgets in excess of $5mn. (Note: Brand teams are very lean so I do not have direct subordinates, but I have been entrusted with interns and trainees)

Community and others
Debate and Model UN, during high school as a participant and later as a coach. Gained a lot of international exposure and leadership experience through attending and taking high school teams to conferences/tournaments all over the world.

Post MBA goals
Transition into consultancy to consolidate my understanding of business fundamentals for 2-3 years before returning to Pakistan to develop a profitable and equitable social enterprise, ideally in the dairy sector.

Anything else?
No idea how useful the career accelerator program is in securing jobs for international students, so any light that can be shed on that would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I probably won't be able to secure a visa in time for the interview. Would that be counted against me in the process, since a) they do highly recommend a visit to Cambridge and b) this is completely out of my control.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device

Hey dude,
So for Cambridge you seem to be in pretty good shape and should be competitive. The one thing you really need to hone is that Post-MBA and long-term goal story. It seems to me not yet clear. And to think about why you really want to go to Cambridge (and not somewhere else).

Otherwise, as long as this fits into an overall strategy, seems good to me!

Best,
Jon
Admissionado
Send PM
Expert Reply
Rahul30 wrote:
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
TOEFL- Yet to take

Work Exp :
1. Have worked for 9 years in Telecom Industry and am currently VAS Manager for Airtel India Operations. Have previously worked with Nokia, Mahindra Comviva. Also have worked in UK for 6 months.
- I have done in house courses in Airtel for Leadership,Security as well as technology

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of economically deprived kids, conducting fundraisers with an NGO "SOCH"
2. During flood disaster in MP in 2016 I was part of the team that setup communications to emergency and disaster helplines for people affected by the natural calamity
3. Sarva Seva Sankalp Samiti – NGO from Burhanpur for Deaddiction centers, Vaccination Drives, Reforestation, Awareness
programs for Crimes against women.Participated in workshops near Indore and Burhanpur for Vaccination drives, Awareness Camps and planting of saplings for green drive.
4.Mentored students at GS Institute of Management for development of soft skills

Extra Curricular:
1. Head of student placement committee and President of club "Peregrination" in College
3.Paper Presentation on Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic at national level at Concours 2006 at KIT, Andhra Pradesh
5.Paper Presentation on MRI Scan Application of Fuzzy Logic in PIONEER 2K5 at College of Engineering ,Kolhapur

Please evaluate.

Hey there,
So in short: Your GMAT is awesome! Yay!

For your chances though I can't tell without knowing a LOT more about your WORK. NINE years dude! And I only have one line of info!! :) I know you have more to tell. Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements?

Feed me more info!!!

Best,
Jon
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Rahul30 wrote:
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
TOEFL- Yet to take

Work Exp :

Volunteer Experience :

Extra Curricular:

Please evaluate.

Hey there,

For your chances though I can't tell without knowing a LOT more about your WORK. NINE years dude! And I only have one line of info!! :) I know you have more to tell. Where do you work? What do you do? How quickly have you advanced? Do you have any leadership? What are your great achievements?

Feed me more info!!!

Best,
Jon
JonAdmissionado wrote:
Rahul30 wrote:
Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 67.7%
XIIth - 65%
TOEFL- Yet to take

Work Exp :

Volunteer Experience :

Extra Curricular:

Please evaluate.

Hey there,

Feed me more info!!!

Best,
Jon

Bharti Airtel
As manager PAN India VAS operations, I am responsible for performing advanced
support and complex deployment activities with demonstrated technical leadership of
handling a team of more than 40 executives. Some of the key responsibilities that I
handle are:
 Managing PAN India VAS Operations for Bharti Airtel Ltd across 23 circles and
more than 250 million subscribers in India
 Driving revenue and optimizing operations and cost with consolidation of VAS
solutions
 Formulating and implementing new revenue streams through integration of new
VAS
 Helping organization overcome legacy system and introducing more efficient
architecture
 Ensuring smooth and glitch free running for all VAS (hello tunes, IVR, etc.) and
Messaging Services
 Supervising multi-vendor Network framework of more than 15 vendors (Comviva,
Nuance, Mavenir, Onmobile,One97 etc.)
 Spearheading Design, integration and Launch of new marketable products by
collaborating with various business teams.
 Negotiating contract renewals and AMCs with vendors
 Single handedly leading the Implementation of new HUB SMS architecture
Major accomplishments
 Running Operations at >95% Success Rate for all VAS (hello tunes, IVR, etc.)
and Messaging Services consistently
 Launched 13 new products (eg. Maps on IVR, IBOD, USSD Store,) adding more
than INR 6 million in H1
 Saved about INR 18 million year on year by negotiating contract renewals and
AMCs with vendors
 Centralized the system by implementing new HUB SMS architecture, saving
annual operational cost of INR 12 million
 Increased average monthly revenue by INR 0.3 million by leading expansion of
BMS to support ever growing business of Enterprise SMS

As a Manager, MP & CG circle, I led and managed Operations for IN, VAS and Core for
Bharti Airtel Ltd. Coordinated and collaborated with IN team from Huawei, VAS Team
from Comviva and Core team from Nokia to streamline the operations. Some of the key
responsibilities that I handled were:
 Managed operations to achieve KPIs as per agreement of 99.99%.
 Strategized the launch of IBOD and IEOCN to increase end user interaction
 Carried IN Migration for 16 million customers from old IN Technology to new
Online Charging System
 Introduced Pick Pack launch, allowing users to choose his pack out of 5 options
from a single voucher. ASR Improvement: ASR improvement from 43% to more
than 46% by network optimization
 Improved MCA success rate from worst in PAN India at 80% to one of the best
95%

 Managed Implementation of SIP IVR, which replaced existing network of 8
servers with just two redundant servers, saving annual opex in line of INR 0.8
million along with substantially reduced power and space
 Managed migration of CRBT from Comviva to Onmobile Platform at 60% of the
original cost, resulting in INR0.13 million YOY saving
Major accomplishments:
 Achieved no-outage failure record for more than a year’s time
 Increased sales of small denomination packs to INR 0.06 million per month
 Successfully led 4G Lawful Interception demo with TERMCELL (Dept of
Telecom), procuring license to launch 4G service in MP
 Marked a 30% rise in sales of special tariff and data packs amounting to a growth
of INR 0.12 million in monthly revenue
 Received Award for first leading migration of Legacy old HLR to New NT-
HLR/HSS for 4G support in 23 circles PAN India. Saved not only Opex of about
0.25 mil per year but also streamlined power and space
 Recognized and awarded for planning and handling traffic surge without
additional Capex cost to company. Saved the company from projected cost of
INR 15 million for planned hardware and licenses
 PSR Improvement: - Overall NBH PSR improvement from 91% to more than
97% and PSR of all (12) individual MSS > 95 %. This was highest ever PSR -
KPI of MP circle
Mahindra Comviva
Major responsibilities:
 Led and managed a team of four engineers on 6 Months onsite project for Three
(Hutchison) at Reading, UK to take over VAS-IN- Messaging Operations handover
from Huawei
 Managed NGIN, VAS, 3DS, Messaging and Product Services for 3UK
 Devised a program so the team could learn the existing architecture and best
practices followed by the Huawei MS team.  
 Setup NOC and ensured end-to- end connectivity from Pune site over VPN to devices
in 3UK framework for offshore front office operations.
 Helped increase Paging Success Rate of Gujarat and MP Airtel networks from 85%
to 90% by working on paging times and retry policies for SMS.
 Ensured successful audits to procure ISO Certification for client (ISO 27001
Information Security)
 Carried out vulnerability assessment of 153 Servers on different platforms (Windows,
Linux,Unix,Solaris,etc) and ensured the vulnerabilities are mitigated to ensure zero
network breaches.
 Maintained Zero SLA breaches for all operations, thus ensuring zero monetary
penalties from clients
 Ensured successful audits to procure ISO Certification for client (ISO 27001
Information Security)
Major Accomplishments
 Ensured zero KPI degradation during the operations
 Managed various VAS services (SMS, CRBT, MCA, etc.) for Bharti Airtel Ltd.,
Madhya Pradesh at Service availability of more than 99.99%.

 Coordinated with various back office teams from Hutchinson (Three) to collate data
and draft more than 100 documents of HLDs, LLDs, Standard Operating procedures
and Job Aids for long term sustainable operations for new joiners
 Spearheaded multiple product Roll Outs on rev share basis (such as VCC, MCA,
Reverse MCA, ASRBT, ACM) to help increase visibility amongst subscribers, leading
to monthly business of around INR 0.1 million per month
 Managed disaster recovery within 4 hours by devising and implementing Business
Continuity Model during fire disaster in Mumbai, ensuring minimal impact on service
and revenue.
Nokia Siemens Network

Major responsibilities
 Managed Operations & maintenance of the core network with (18 MSS,26 MGWs, ,4
SGSNs, 6 HLRs) for Bharti Airtel Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh Circle with a
subscriber base of around 80 lac, Maintained a network uptime of 100%
 Helped improve SCR for Airtel MP from range of 88-90% to 97-98%
Major accomplishments
 Independently carried roll out of 3G ICR for Airtel MP (where Airtel didn’t have 3G
Spectrum License) and successfully completed the project within timelines, providing
Airtel competitive advantage in 3G networks
 Installed the NDS Solution, the first of its kind in India, which lowered HLR Utilization
and helped save capex in line of INR 30-40 million on Hardware and licensing

Denave India Ltd
Major responsibilities
 Routine health check-up and monitoring of all VAS related trunks and SS7 links in all
network elements to keep service KPIs >90%
 Handled Project of Roaming traffic distribution over two GMSCs for redundancy to
ensure network resilience
 Supervised link load monitoring and addition for critical nodes like IN, SMSC and
INTERMSC to keep utilization under 70%
 Provided troubleshooting and support to different Indian law agencies for call
monitoring and tracking criminals.
 Managed enterprise account creation for different Customers and Agents in
Application SMSC for bulk messaging.
 Supported Customer Service, Contact Center and TSG teams with technical issues
to ensure SR resolutions within SLA target of 4 hours.  
Major Achievements
 Reduced IN Protocol Errors and IN Time Outs in the network from Tens of Lacs to
Tens of Thousands increasing SCR from 81% to 88-89%
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V30
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi...pls evaluate my profile. Thanks in advance.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 84.4%
XIIth – 84.4%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with 68% (the Topper of the Branch scored 75%) from Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow (a State Government Engineering College)
Post-graduation – MBA in Marketing with 6.72 CGPA from Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad (ranked 12th by Business today 2016 Rankings and 13th by Business India 2016)
Exchange program – 3 months Student Exchange (as a part of the curriculum of IMT Ghaziabad) in Kedge Business School, Marseille, France with an overall CGPA of 7.0
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 720 ( Q-49, V-39, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post MBA Goals: I wish to have a career in Strategy Consulting after my MBA. Wit respect to the type of MBA program, I am interested in a 1 year MBA program. The reasons for a second MBA for me are :

a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy more focused on gaining practical knowledge, etc
b. Better Career Opportunities after MBA
c. Change in work location

Work Exp :
I have a total experience of 73 months (around 6 years) with companies such as PwC, Accenture, Tata Motors and Larsen & Toubro in various sectors such as Manufacturing, Automotive, Energy, etc and in various functions such as Consulting, Business Development, Sales Enablement, etc
Key Highlights of Work exp:
• Developed an IT Strategy Roadmap for one of the largest Power Generation companies in India
• End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry Involved in End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry
• Process Consulting and Continuous Process Improvement for the vendors of Tata Motors in terms of various manufacturing functions such as Operations, Quality, Production planning, Supply Chain and Business Process Re-engineering
• Successfully increased volume of Tippers from 2800 to 4800 in a record 3 months aiding in increase of market share from 58% to 60% in M&HCV Tipper segment
• Independently handled Shop floor Operations in Fluidized Catalytic Cracker Unit (FCCU) by inspection of Welded joints I a Refinery Plant in North India
International Experience
• 3 months Exchange program (during MBA at IMT Ghaziabad) in which I studied Marketing at Kedge Business School which is ranked 33rd in Europe in FT rankings for 2016)
• On site engagement in Accenture for 2 months when I worked on an engagement with a Thai Client based out of Bangkok
• Handled many International Clients in Europe, Singapore, Australia, etc. and worked with the Client teams on a daily basis
• Handled multiple Digital Workshops for Global Clients
• Extensive travel in Europe
Awards and Recognition:
• Received PwC Experience Award for showing exemplary alignment with PwC Values during all the Client Engagements
• Client Appreciation for showing great commitment towards ensuring adequate quality and timeliness of the Engagement
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011

Volunteer Experience:
• Taught and mentored underprivileged kids in Lucknow from July, 2010 to May, 2013 through association with an NGO “Make a Difference” spread across 23 cities
• POC (Point of Contact) for Accenture’s CSR initiatives in Bangalore
• Mentored and taught various students at Cheshire Homes, an NGO responsible for providing education in terms of necessary language, IT and communication skills along with career mentorship to disabled children and students
• Worked with various corporates to organize Career fares for Cheshire Homes in Bangalore
• Among the top 10 Volunteers for the PwC Foundation week activities, which are targeted at various NGOs to impart skills, literacy to underprivileged women and children

Extra-Curricular Activities:
• Dramatics
 Finalist in UTV Bindass Street play competition held in Mumbai, judged by Rakeysh OmPrakash Mehra in 2009
 2nd position in “Atkeliyan-annual national level skit competition” at IIT Kanpur in 2007
 3rd position in Culrav, a national level Main Play competition at MNNIT Allahabad in 2007
• Organized Passion’13, an annual inter B-school Management cum Cultural Fest, held at IMT Ghaziabad in 2013
• Co-ordinator of Dramatics event in “Encore” – a national level cultural festival of IET Lucknow in 2008
• Training & Placement Representative of the batch at IET Lucknow during 2005-09

Achievements and Awards:
• Finalist in Neetishastra – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at IIM Indore in 2013
• Winner at Boardroom – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi in 2015
• Winner in ADZAP – MAD ADS event during Passion’14, an inter B-school event held in IMT Ghaziabad
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
WE:Project Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I intend to apply for the 2018 intake for JBS. Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile.

WE : Will complete 6 years by the time I start school ( September 2018)

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V39, IR 6)

International exposure: Have never had the opportunity to work abroad, but liaise with onshore teams on a dily basis. Have been doing so for the best part of 5 years.

Education: Post Graduate Diplioma in Banking (CGPA 8/10)
Bachelor of Technology: (CGPA 6.1/10)

Professional Experience:
> 3 years at ICICI Bank (India's leading Private sector bank) as a Corporate Credit Risk Analyst. Here I was involved in various processes over the 3 years. (Risk monitoring, Governance, QA, Regulatory, Reporting to Senior Management etc)
> 2 years at Barclays India. Areas of work include Compliance, Risk Assessment, and Project Management

Both the roles above involved liaising with cross functional teams in London, Singapore, Canada, U.S., Bahrain etc.

Personal: Have travelled to England, Scotland, Ireland, Dubai, Bali.

Extra- Curricular:
Have been involved in CSR(Corporate social responsibility) activities. Active participant in educating underpriviliged kids (among other activities) at various company-empanelled NGOs. Have also been involved in local social work organised within the residential community.

Active participant in sports throughout my school years. University captain of the football team along with being chief sports coordinator.

My biggest fear is that my overall academic record is rather weak and I would like to know what I could do to overshadow this. Is the steady improvement after graduation enough? Does the 730 in GMAT help? I am also currently pursuing an Executive Education course from Judge Business School - Cambridge, sponsored by my company.

Would love to hear some views. Thanks in advance.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 661 [0]
Given Kudos: 162
Daboo: Sonu
GMAT 1: 590 Q49 V20
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi
Could anyone one evaluate my profile
Indian Male 31 have 6+ year of experience in public sector unit in India
Engineer gpa 8.44 gmat 730
4+ year in operations and responsible for power plant operations.
Later promoted and given the leadership role to lead electronics section at our Bauxite Mining unit.
Here 2+ year in General Management role.
won 2 awards "Sarjan" for improving plant performance.
gave solutions to many longstanding problems.
But no International Experience
Am I competitive enough for Cambridge.
my post mba goal is to work as operations consultant in energy sector.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.33
Send PM

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering with 76.2% from National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur (Got admitted to this college by being in top 1%ile of the entrance examination)
GMAT- 650 ( Q-49, V-28, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post MBA Goals: I wish to have a career in Strategy Management after my MBA.

Further reasons for doing MBA is as follows :-

a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy, international exposure .

Work Exp :
I have a total experience of 65 months with Siemens Limited
• I am part of the project management team,which handles EPC(Engineering Procurement Construction) Projects with Government customer.
• My job involves handling services and supply of a project along with correspondence with vendors and customer.
• My job involves problem solving on a daily basis with respect to the issues on my project sites.
• I have experience of working with international vendors for example Siemens Germany,which is my parent company and also vendors from China, Netherlands.
• I am leading a team of 8 people, which includes 3 people at office and 5 at project site.
• I have spent 2 years at various project sites,which includes isolated places in the country,far away from any city and have led a team of 40-45 workers.
• My profile involves forecasting and planning of revenues and collections for my project and also resource management.
• I am a certified quality manager in projects.
Awards and Recognition:
• Received 'Star Puraskar' award for closing the project both technically as well as commercially.
• FOOTBALL
 I was the Captain of my college football team which won the INTER NIT Football Tournament held at NIT Rourkela.
I was part of the team that was the finalist in the Football Tournament held at ISM Dhanbad.
I was part of the team that was the finalist in the Football Tournament held at IIT kharagpur.
I was the team leader of my branch,which won the annual athletics championship held in our college.
I was part of the college Athletics Team
I was the college 200 Meter running champion for 2 consecutive years.

• Organizer

I was in the core committee of the team that organized the annual athletics tournament held in our college for 3 consecutive years.
I was part of the team that organized the annual techno management fest
I was part of the team that organized the annual cultural fest.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.66
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Background and nationality- Female, Indian, 29

Education:-Bachelor of Engineering from India- 70%
Master of Science from University of Illinois Chicago, GPA 3.66

GMAT- 740 (Q50 V40)

Work experience and leadership-4 years in new product engineering leading development projects
2 years Working in lean six sigma, operational process improvement- leading and facilitating teams through complex projects.

Post MBA goals- Work in a reputable management Consulting firm

I would really appreciate feedback on my profile for cambridge judge round 3?
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Mrin76 wrote:
Background and nationality- Female, Indian, 29

Education:-Bachelor of Engineering from India- 70%
Master of Science from University of Illinois Chicago, GPA 3.66

GMAT- 740 (Q50 V40)

Work experience and leadership-4 years in new product engineering leading development projects
2 years Working in lean six sigma, operational process improvement- leading and facilitating teams through complex projects.

Post MBA goals- Work in a reputable management Consulting firm

I would really appreciate feedback on my profile for cambridge judge round 3?

Hi there,

What was your other Masters degree in?

Overall I see the following strengths:
-solid academics
-solid GMAT
-operational experience; experience managing teams; appropriate quantity of experience

The following challenges:
-the large # of engineering-background applicants, especially from India
-potential for your leadership examples/experience to fail to stand out from the crowd (but perhaps there is more here)

And the following unknowns:
-any community involvement?
-other extra curriculars?
-interesting life experiences?
-specific accomplishments and impact made at work?

I think you'd get a close review at Judge for R3 and would be considered, and likely things will come down to how much your app stands out, and how you compare to other applicants, particularly others with similar backgrounds, nationalities, etc. Probably worth a try though if you have time to get it together! Good luck!

Jen Kedrowski
Senior MBA Admissions Consultant
mbaMission
Cambridge Judge Business School ('05)
Send PM
Expert Reply
thaks25 wrote:

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering with 76.2% from National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur (Got admitted to this college by being in top 1%ile of the entrance examination)
GMAT- 650 ( Q-49, V-28, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post MBA Goals: I wish to have a career in Strategy Management after my MBA.

Further reasons for doing MBA is as follows :-

a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy, international exposure .

Work Exp :
I have a total experience of 65 months with Siemens Limited
• I am part of the project management team,which handles EPC(Engineering Procurement Construction) Projects with Government customer.
• My job involves handling services and supply of a project along with correspondence with vendors and customer.
• My job involves problem solving on a daily basis with respect to the issues on my project sites.
• I have experience of working with international vendors for example Siemens Germany,which is my parent company and also vendors from China, Netherlands.
• I am leading a team of 8 people, which includes 3 people at office and 5 at project site.
• I have spent 2 years at various project sites,which includes isolated places in the country,far away from any city and have led a team of 40-45 workers.
• My profile involves forecasting and planning of revenues and collections for my project and also resource management.
• I am a certified quality manager in projects.
Awards and Recognition:
• Received 'Star Puraskar' award for closing the project both technically as well as commercially.
• FOOTBALL
 I was the Captain of my college football team which won the INTER NIT Football Tournament held at NIT Rourkela.
I was part of the team that was the finalist in the Football Tournament held at ISM Dhanbad.
I was part of the team that was the finalist in the Football Tournament held at IIT kharagpur.
I was the team leader of my branch,which won the annual athletics championship held in our college.
I was part of the college Athletics Team
I was the college 200 Meter running champion for 2 consecutive years.

• Organizer

I was in the core committee of the team that organized the annual athletics tournament held in our college for 3 consecutive years.
I was part of the team that organized the annual techno management fest
I was part of the team that organized the annual cultural fest.

Hello--
What is your timeline? And how many times have you taken the GMAT? The 650 is respectable and your Quant looks good, but I'd feel better if your score was a bit higher so if it's feasible to give it another shot, do consider that. Your management experience looks strong as does your extracurricular experience, though purely community/NGO focused activities could be a bit stronger but not much you can do on that at this point. No matter what, showing a good fit with the school and passion for Cambridge will be a plus. For some additional insight, we can have a look at your CV and chat with you if interested, you can register for a free 30 minute consultation at www.mbamission.com/consult at any point. Otherwise feel free to reply here. I'd consider another GMAT round and then go for it! Good luck!

Jen Kedrowski
Senior MBA Admissions Consultant
mbaMission
Cambridge Judge Business School ('05)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hello!!
Please help evaluate my profile for R1 admission later this year, for CJBS Class of 2020.

Background and nationality: Indian, 32yrs
Undergrad Information: Computer Engineer - University of Mumbai| CGPA 5.8/10 (~GPA 3.8 as per mba.com)
GMAT: 750 (Q49 V44 AWA5 IR6)

Work experience and leadership:
Total Work Experience at session start (Sep-2019): 12yrs (Infosys, now Edgeverve). 3 promotions & no job switches.
Work Function: IT Consulting - Product Delivery & Implementation/ Change Management
Domain: Retail/Corporate Banking, Wealth Management Systems, Online delivery channels
International Experience: ~4+ yrs (Africa & Singapore)

Key CV elements:
Led teams of 7-10 members and drove implementations with yearly consolidated revenues of over $1M for a tier-1 banking institution in South East Asia.
Implemented various product enhancements in record short sprints and enabled 30% savings in delivery timelines under org initiatives for SEA market.
Formulated and managed change across end users with a holistic exposure to existing business processes in the banking domain, for various South East Asian emerging markets.
Designed data migration strategy, mapped existing business processes, defined project milestones and coordinated with business teams to manage core-banking platform transformation projects at 5 Nigerian banking institutions.
Led cross-cultural project teams in Nigeria, with 7-10 Indian+Nigerian members, driving product implementations of key banking modules. Have a very good understanding of emerging market needs and limitations in technology adoption.

Community and Extra Curriculars:
Very keen debater and quizzer throughout my academic and professional tracks. Have represented my institutions over the years in multiple quiz & debate competitions at various levels.
Winner of Inter School Debate competition in Delhi-NCR, organised by Rajiv Gandhi Foundation of India.
Won Mumbai qualifier and represented the city at Inter-College Canara Bank Centenary Quiz in Bangalore.
Won multiple awards (Young Achiever Award/ OTS/ GEM Award) and appreciations for the various Implementation & Migration projects in Africa and South East Asia.
Completed all the Harvard ManageMentor e-learning Certifications, designed by Harvard Business School.
Published short stories and light verses in school newsletters and magazines. Being an avid debater and quizzer, I am very comfortable at public speaking and verbal communication, leading to efficient leadership abilities. I am an Equity and Capital market enthusiast and love watching sports & documentaries.

Post MBA goals:
With 11+ yrs of IT consulting and product delivery experience, I am looking at product management or product-driven IT consulting roles. I want to understand business management with Strategy as my concentration, so that I can learn the advanced principles of product management, promotion & pricing, marketing strategies and post-sales revenues. I am sure the program would expose me to new ideas & though-trains, and give me further clarity on options post-MBA.

Why CJBS:
The University of Cambridge has one of the most reputed alumni networks worldwide. The brand name and pedagogy coming with a Cambridge degree is surely one of the best anywhere in the world.
I am particularly keen on a 1yr program, as I have first-hand industry experience of 10+years in different markets and segments.
Great Class profile at CJBS with diverse international representation and the focus on experiential learning. It will help the MBA be not just a course, but an overall personality development/enhancement program.
Cambridge Venture Project & Global Consulting Project.
The course structure at CJBS lets me gain all the elementary general management skills and specialize in Strategy and Leadership which will enable me to work towards my long-term goal of seeing myself in top leadership positions as a CIO or CEO of a reputed technology leader.

Also.. University of Cambridge has arguably The Best Debate Club in the world. It would be a fairy-tale homecoming for me, if I get to join the Debate Club at Cambridge Union :-D

Anything else?
:) :)

ThankYou!!
Send PM
Expert Reply
teecay wrote:
Hello!!
Please help evaluate my profile for R1 admission later this year, for CJBS Class of 2020.

Background and nationality: Indian, 32yrs
Undergrad Information: Computer Engineer - University of Mumbai| CGPA 5.8/10 (~GPA 3.8 as per mba.com)
GMAT: 750 (Q49 V44 AWA5 IR6)

Work experience and leadership:
Total Work Experience at session start (Sep-2019): 12yrs (Infosys, now Edgeverve). 3 promotions & no job switches.
Work Function: IT Consulting - Product Delivery & Implementation/ Change Management
Domain: Retail/Corporate Banking, Wealth Management Systems, Online delivery channels
International Experience: ~4+ yrs (Africa & Singapore)

Key CV elements:
Led teams of 7-10 members and drove implementations with yearly consolidated revenues of over $1M for a tier-1 banking institution in South East Asia.
Implemented various product enhancements in record short sprints and enabled 30% savings in delivery timelines under org initiatives for SEA market.
Formulated and managed change across end users with a holistic exposure to existing business processes in the banking domain, for various South East Asian emerging markets.
Designed data migration strategy, mapped existing business processes, defined project milestones and coordinated with business teams to manage core-banking platform transformation projects at 5 Nigerian banking institutions.
Led cross-cultural project teams in Nigeria, with 7-10 Indian+Nigerian members, driving product implementations of key banking modules. Have a very good understanding of emerging market needs and limitations in technology adoption.

Community and Extra Curriculars:
Very keen debater and quizzer throughout my academic and professional tracks. Have represented my institutions over the years in multiple quiz & debate competitions at various levels.
Winner of Inter School Debate competition in Delhi-NCR, organised by Rajiv Gandhi Foundation of India.
Won Mumbai qualifier and represented the city at Inter-College Canara Bank Centenary Quiz in Bangalore.
Won multiple awards (Young Achiever Award/ OTS/ GEM Award) and appreciations for the various Implementation & Migration projects in Africa and South East Asia.
Completed all the Harvard ManageMentor e-learning Certifications, designed by Harvard Business School.
Published short stories and light verses in school newsletters and magazines. Being an avid debater and quizzer, I am very comfortable at public speaking and verbal communication, leading to efficient leadership abilities. I am an Equity and Capital market enthusiast and love watching sports & documentaries.

Post MBA goals:
With 11+ yrs of IT consulting and product delivery experience, I am looking at product management or product-driven IT consulting roles. I want to understand business management with Strategy as my concentration, so that I can learn the advanced principles of product management, promotion & pricing, marketing strategies and post-sales revenues. I am sure the program would expose me to new ideas & though-trains, and give me further clarity on options post-MBA.

Why CJBS:
The University of Cambridge has one of the most reputed alumni networks worldwide. The brand name and pedagogy coming with a Cambridge degree is surely one of the best anywhere in the world.
I am particularly keen on a 1yr program, as I have first-hand industry experience of 10+years in different markets and segments.
Great Class profile at CJBS with diverse international representation and the focus on experiential learning. It will help the MBA be not just a course, but an overall personality development/enhancement program.
Cambridge Venture Project & Global Consulting Project.
The course structure at CJBS lets me gain all the elementary general management skills and specialize in Strategy and Leadership which will enable me to work towards my long-term goal of seeing myself in top leadership positions as a CIO or CEO of a reputed technology leader.

Also.. University of Cambridge has arguably The Best Debate Club in the world. It would be a fairy-tale homecoming for me, if I get to join the Debate Club at Cambridge Union :-D

Anything else?
:) :)

ThankYou!!

Hi Teecay,
Thanks for your detailed post. Your GMAT, strong experience, impact made, demonstrated communication skills, and international experience are all strengths that will help you in this process. As is the fact that you are starting to plan for your fall apps now! Your grades do not sound quite as outstanding (note that admissions will assess within your own country and academic context, no need to try to convert to US GPA), and the fact that you are a lot more experienced than is typical puts more pressure on your ability to justify needing the MBA, and your post-MBA career plan... aim to make that as definitive as possible and to demonstrate how Judge will help you with those goals. There are no guarantees as admissions is competitive and more so for Indian applicants, and there may be other applicants similar to you... so be sure to really demonstrate who you are as a person which can help you be remembered in the process, ideally. You will hopefully be considered, especially by applying in earlier rather than later rounds. Good luck with the process, and continue to focus on getting to know the school and its students and alumni well in the coming months!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderator:
Judge, Said, and Bocconi Moderator
105 posts