GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 07:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Kelley vs Carlson

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.3
Kelley vs Carlson  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 09:44
Kelley (full ride) vs Carlson (full ride + 10K stipend)

Waiting on a decision from Ross but not as confident they will give me as much $$$.

Career goals: Healthcare, entrepreneurship, strategy/internal consulting

Both programs seem pretty similar to me. Kelley has more pull with name brand companies, but I like that Carlson is in a city so I won't be as dependent on on-campus recruiting. I also love Minneapolis.
Current Student
D
Schools: Boston U '20 (M)
GRE 1: Q169 V154
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Kelley vs Carlson  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 10:03
Great job in securing a full ride at both schools.

Kelley is much stronger brand than Carlson with a much stronger alumni network to tap on.
I strongly recommend that you choose Kelley here. You might have TA/RA opportunity once you get to Indiana. As of now, 10k is not significant to let go a school with a tremendous reputation.

Also, I am not sure either school is know for healthcare. Kelley will certainly help you in consumer product and consulting.

P.S -> I know you are a US citizen, but it is worth noting that Carlson has been struggling to place international students in the past few years. This is one reason why Carlson has the lowest percentage of international students amongst the Top 50 schools.

MBA Financing:- INDIAN PUBLIC BANKS vs PRODIGY FINANCE!

Getting into HOLLYWOOD with an MBA!

The MOST AFFORDABLE MBA programs!

STONECOLD's BRUTAL Mock Tests for GMAT-Quant(700+)

AVERAGE GRE Scores At The Top Business Schools!

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Kelley vs Carlson  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 10:15
stonecold wrote:
Great job in securing a full ride at both schools.

Kelley is much stronger brand than Carlson with a much stronger alumni network to tap on.
I strongly recommend that you choose Kelley here. You might have TA/RA opportunity once you get to Indiana. As of now, 10k is not significant to let go a school with a tremendous reputation.

Also, I am not sure either school is know for healthcare. Kelley will certainly help you in consumer product and consulting.

P.S -> I know you are a US citizen, but it is worth noting that Carlson has been struggling to place international students in the past few years. This is one reason why Carlson has the lowest percentage of international students amongst the Top 50 schools.

Carlson's diversity is not great. About 50% Minnesota, 50% not. It has a great reputation in healthcare, they place a large portion of their class in United Health Group, Medtonic, Boston Scientific, and lesser, Mayo Clinic. Kelley has some relationships with pharma. I'm wondering why they are ranked so closely if Kelley really has a much bigger brand. Carlson is 29 and Kelley is 27 in the newest US news and report. It does seem that Kelley has a bigger brand, but their salaries and student stats are similar.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GPA: 3.44
WE: Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 12:24
Kelley has a Life Sciences academy focused solely on healthcare, where they bring healthcare people in to talk to you and you do a project for a healthcare company.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 12:29
bloomaces wrote:
Kelley has a Life Sciences academy focused solely on healthcare, where they bring healthcare people in to talk to you and you do a project for a healthcare company.

Thanks for your reply. Carlson also has a healthcare valuation lab which I think is similar to the life science academy. Kelley seems to have a better enterpreneurship lab.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2018, 13:27
I would suggest Carlson here. They are extremely strong in healthcare. Being in twin city really helps recruitment in medtech segment.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Kelley vs Carlson &nbs [#permalink] 20 Apr 2018, 13:27

Kelley vs Carlson

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, swbluedevil

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap