Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:58 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Leadership, Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (II)
Send PM
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Own Kudos [?]: 302 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
WE2: Entrepreneur (E-commerce - The Laptop Skin Vault)
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
WE:Marketing (Other)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
xinga wrote:
rgupta87 wrote:
To the Indians on the forum: I got an interview invite for Mumbai yday.

when did you complete your R2 application?

Whats your profile?

I would assume rgupta87 is a R1 applicant right? Not R2 since R2 part 1 deadline is Dec 4 and until then they will only consider R1 apps.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
It was a R1 app- I submitted both Part 1 & 2 a few days before the deadlines. Another friend of mine also got an interview invite yday at the same time, so I guess they sent out 1 batch of invites.
Indian/ F/ 760/ 3.89 at Stanford (Liberal Arts major)/ Family biz (Manufacturing)
Current Student
Affiliations: Volunteer Operation Smile India, Creative Head of College IEEE branch (2009-10), Chief Editor College Magazine (2009), Finance Head College Magazine (2008)
Send PM
rgupta87 wrote:
It was a R1 app- I submitted both Part 1 & 2 a few days before the deadlines. Another friend of mine also got an interview invite yday at the same time, so I guess they sent out 1 batch of invites.
Indian/ F/ 760/ 3.89 at Stanford (Liberal Arts major)/ Family biz (Manufacturing)

Best of luck for your interview. :thumbup:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Hi all,
I am an Indian applicant from Delhi. I just received a mail from Kellogg that my interview has been waived off. I understand that this does not affect my candidacy in a negative way. But, can this be taken as a positive signal? What I am trying to understand is if in the process of waiving off, is my candidacy considered as well or is it purely based on the amount of rush in the area.

I have 2 years of experience in Markting Consulting. 760 GMAT and 3.7 GPA.
Current Student
Send PM
mudit234 wrote:
Hi all,
I am an Indian applicant from Delhi. I just received a mail from Kellogg that my interview has been waived off. I understand that this does not affect my candidacy in a negative way. But, can this be taken as a positive signal? What I am trying to understand is if in the process of waiving off, is my candidacy considered as well or is it purely based on the amount of rush in the area.

I have 2 years of experience in Markting Consulting. 760 GMAT and 3.7 GPA.

Hi mudit234

I am a re-applicant from mumbai and from my experience on last years threads I believe it is likely to be one of the following scenarios:
  • Rush of applicants in the area v/s too few alumni
  • Someone who received the interview in your area submitted his Part I slightly before you and his profile is different
  • They would like to go through your Part II, which they can't do before they interview you or waive your interview. So instead of waiting to see if they can find an interview match they waive the interview and start reviewing your Part II so that neither theirs nor your time is wasted in the process

I hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Hey, my applicant status seems quite weird. Just wanted to check if the others (who haven't yet heard from Kellogg after submitting Part 1 & 2) have the same status:

"All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been determined, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round.

Please note that applications are not necessarily reviewed in the order received, and the timing of one's decision is not an indicator of a candidate's strengths or weaknesses relative to others who applied in the same round."

Shouldn't the next status update be whether we've been invited or waived for the interview? And the first two lines seem cryptic - looks like they're assuming that the interview would definitely happen some time. Don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into this. Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GPA: 3.66
WE:Consulting (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Kudos
c00guy wrote:
Hey, my applicant status seems quite weird. Just wanted to check if the others (who haven't yet heard from Kellogg after submitting Part 1 & 2) have the same status:

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been determined, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round.

Please note that applications are not necessarily reviewed in the order received, and the timing of one's decision is not an indicator of a candidate's strengths or weaknesses relative to others who applied in the same round."

Shouldn't the next status update be whether we've been invited or waived for the interview? And the first two lines seem cryptic - looks like they're assuming that the interview would definitely happen some time. Don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into this. Thoughts?

Hi,
I was seeing the same status after submitting Part II.

PS: I received an interview waiver and the status still remained the same, but with a link at the bottom to view the interview waiver letter.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 329 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2015
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
c00guy wrote:

I have that too...it's pretty standard (US applicant). I wouldn't read too much into it. I'm thinking that because the majority of applicants schedule an on or off campus interview, Kellogg doesn't consider an interview waiver or invite to be a "status change" and that's why they assume the interview is going to happen at some point like you mentioned. It's not like other schools where being invited to interview means you made it past the first screen.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, International Business
Send PM
My application status has not changed since Oct 16th. It just says all reqd questions are answered. Wonder if my recommendation reached late. My recommender submitted 30 mins before mid night so in the app page it says submitted date as Oct 17th since as per EST it was 17th already (though it was 11:30pm CST).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
Hi guys... got an interview invite for Mumbai today..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I received an interview invite yesterday night - based out of New Delhi. Interviewing with a senior consultant (alum ofcourse) with tonnes of consulting/education experience (similar to my background). Kind of intimidated with his background, but hoping for the best. If there are others from Delhi with interview invites, do post here.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.77
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Just got an invitation to interview in Mumbai :-)..
Current Student
Send PM
chubzer wrote:

Congratulations! Best of luck. Can you share your profile with us.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.77
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
kidchaos wrote:
chubzer wrote:

Indian/M/26/740 GMAT/Engineer + PGDM/1 year of FS (non-IB) and 18 months of consulting experience..all the best!!
Current Student
Send PM
chubzer wrote:
kidchaos wrote:
chubzer wrote:

Indian/M/26/740 GMAT/Engineer + PGDM/1 year of FS (non-IB) and 18 months of consulting experience..all the best!!

Awesome! All the Best for the interview!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 55
GPA: 3.5
WE:Operations (Consumer Products)
Send PM
hookemhorns612 wrote:
Yeah I don't think so at all - you should definitely call. I already called and left a voicemail and emailed w no response.

Today will mark a week since I got my invite so I plan to call again and then email Kellogg tonight if no answer

Posted from my mobile device

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one with a busy interviewer. Perhaps it's because they have so many interviews to conduct since most applicants have to be interviewed? It took my interviewer a full week to get back to me with available times. By the time he got back to me, I couldn't make those times (out of town) so hopefully he's not too upset with me and/or it won't take another week to get another slot time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 773 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
Send PM
guys just saw my email.. got a waiver. Had preferred to interview in mumbai.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts