It is currently 22 Jan 2018, 10:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Kellogg vs Tuck vs LBS vs CBS

new topic post reply Update application status  

• 12% [1]
  • 12% [1]
  • 50% [4]
  • 25% [2]
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
Kellogg vs Tuck vs LBS vs CBS [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 08:52
Dear All

I have been fortunate to be admitted to these amazing schools (Kellogg/Tuck/LBS/CBS) and would like to hear some advice.

Background: 27yo Asian Male from banking industry
Post MBA goal: 1)Product Management in Fintech or 2)Management Consulting to cover fintech companies

Basically I have shortlisted to Kellogg and LBS. (will explain why no Tuck/CBS later)

Kellogg
Pro:
1) Strong MC Placement
2) Strong reputation in Asia (they have a joint program with HKUST)
3) Very supportive culture
4) Heard the career centre is also very strong and helpful

Cons:
1)Doesn't seem to have much of fintech courses provided

LBS
Pro:
1)According to the latest employment report, I was surprised the placement in MBB was actually strong
2)Also strong reputation in Asia (have a joint program with HKU) --> in fact I have verified with a few alumni from M7 and they all agree LBS share similar reptuation with non HWS M7 schools
3) Offer fintech course
4) London! Many start up companies

Cons:
1) Not as a popular school as the US
2) Heard the overall calibre of students are not as great as the Kellogg/Tuck/CBS

Tuck just doesn't share the same reputation as the other MBA in Asia (despite Ivy League) and as for CBS, not the biggest fan of studying in NYC.

Love to hear your thoughts.
VP
VP
P
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Kellogg vs Tuck vs LBS vs CBS [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2017, 09:11
Congrats Asusk for all those great schools

I love the the fact that you know your goals especially in terms of job and location.

I would support LBS choice here because of its reputation in Asia and fintech courses. Also, I think finishing in one year. It would be nice. it will decrease some costs.

Have secured any scholarship from any school?
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Kellogg vs Tuck vs LBS vs CBS [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 15:50
Congratulations on your great success and great job!

I would feel LBS would be more global just because it is and most folks from Kellogg tend to stay in the US (you can look up the exact percentage of the graduating class going to your destination of choice). It will likely be a small group from Kellogg but it may be a tight one and in the right places. You can check employment reports and LinkedIn for more precise data on grads in the last 10 years.

I guess the question would be what is MBA doing for you - is it courses, 2 years of a break to get your stuff together, etc? Where would you intern ideally?

The more I think about the more I feel LBS.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 4
Reviews Badge
Re: Kellogg vs Tuck vs LBS vs CBS [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 00:45
If you're intending to go back to Asia after MBA then the $50k difference in cost between LBS and Kellogg may be a deciding factor.

Academically Kellogg is more rigorous than LBS (that's because LBS is catered for international students). Socially Kellogg is better, as students are more tight knit and there are more events going on. Finance at Kellogg is good, it's not known for it, but they have solid profs and a lot of finance companies visit Booth/Kellogg due to close proximity.

Have you called up alumni from both schools and ask them for advice? Look for guys who went to both (via student exchange).
Re: Kellogg vs Tuck vs LBS vs CBS   [#permalink] 03 Jan 2018, 00:45

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: jessepinkman, Wilch, teleste

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap