Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 05:11 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 05:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.08
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Send PM
Re: Kindly evaluate my profile [#permalink]
Expert Reply
awindersingh wrote:
Hi!
I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I meant to write Fuqua but instead wrote Ross. I'll edit the original post too.

Thanks a lot for replying to my post. Kindly reaccess my profile for Fuqua.

First I'm not considering retaking the exam. I will go with this score. So kindly mention some other schools to which I can apply with this score.

I will elaborate a little more about my profile. I have been working as a Senior Manager since the inception of the startup. It's related with with Sports Event Management; kind of what NCAA does in US. I have filled in multiple responsibilities such as content preparation for marketing, social media marketing, team building and handling interns as well as assigning responsibilities, building new connects and maintaining relations with present associates. I have been working with Indian Olympians and other Non Profits which are working in the Sports Field.

Other than this, I have been a part of two Theatre groups which I co-founded back in college and which are still active. One is a street theatre group which is kind of my baby. We are a 100 strong group now and have been doing street theatre in many areas to address social problems. The other theatre group is currently active in stage plays. I have been filling in multiple responsibilities here too.

And one thing that I wish to mention is (and which I think is a plus point, so kindly correct me if I'm wrong) that I left my job at an Oil and Gas Industry to pursue my career here in this Sports Non-Profit. And that is what I wish to continue in the future, hence Social Entrepreneurship. I have not drawn any salary from this program till now. To sustain financially I have been working here and there (which I can mention in my profile).

Hope this helps! Thanks a lot for taking out time.

Thanks for the additional info and no need to apologize! How long were you working in Oil and Gas? Actually that makes your profile less attractive because your path is now not as clear.

Your experience sounds really interesting and could lead to nice essays, but I am still not very confident because of the stats. You could certainly apply, but I would recommend adding in some other schools too as a backup in case Fuqua does not work out.

Good luck and reach out if you want help putting your best story in front of adcom!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I worked in Oil & Gas Sector for 8 months. During all this time I was working on the startup too.

Which other Schools can I consider?

And I will definitely reach out for the essay writing. Thank you for informing.
Send PM
Expert Reply
I sent you a note on other schools to consider.

Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot!
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thanks for sharing your profile. You will have a tough time gaining admission at Fuqua with below average GPA/GMAT. Consider a school like Emory as a potential alternative
GMAT Club Bot