GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 15 Oct 2018, 12:59

Oct 15

Darden EA Calls have started. Join the Darden Chat or Darden Forum Discussion or Darden Decision Tracker

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: Michigan (Ross) - Class of 2013
WE: Other (Insurance)
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2009, 06:51
Hi All!

I've taken the gmat and will be applying in fall 2010 for entrance in fall 2011.

Schools applying to:

Round1:
1) Columbia ED :-D
2) Kellogg
3) Chicago
4) Stern

Round 2 (if Necessary):
1)Cornell
2)UCLA
3)Texas

GMAT:720
GPA: 3.31, Mathematics (first year very poor, last 2 years very good)
WE: 5 years at matriculation, ALM, ERM, Product Development as an actuary.
EC: Pro Bono Management Consultant, President of a local statistical organization.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Nagoya University of Commerce and Business, Brisbane Graduate School of Business, University of Queensland.

Show Tags

New post 22 Aug 2009, 16:11
Well, I found out about the site through Twitter @gmat_club and as I'm planning to take the test before March '10, I have been searching the web for information. Currently doing a bridging math course, and my own GMAT preparation. Math is definitely my weak point. Have completed the Grad cert in Management at Brisbane Graduate School of Business, but due to sickness, couldn't complete the MBA. Looking at BGSB again, UQ, or possibly NUCB in Nagoya, Japan. Both are good options for me, but all depends on my Japan Visa/ work location. Looking forward to building strong contacts in both Australia and Japan, as well as develop fluency in the Japanese language. Also trying to break out of the Teach English in Japan, despite the decent cash cow business it is, it's not what I want to be doing in the long term.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2009, 03:10
Hi everyone,

I found this site through google and I am glad I did. The site has immense amount of resources and I am glad I have joined it. I am about to start preparing for GMAT & I am sure this will be of great help to me. Great site. :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2009, 01:11
Found the site through Google. Signed up for a GMAT in December. Looking forward to studying and tapping into the resources that GMAT Club has to offer!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2009, 08:24
I have recently decided to take the GMAT and just found the site yesterday. I picked up the OG 12th edition last nigth and am trying to refresh my math skills. I have 7 years exp as a General Manager at a retail outlet while in college, graduated, 1 year at a bank, currently work for a Japanese steel company in sales 2 years and running (I am American)

Looking to take the GMAT in December
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2009, 08:48
cdowwe wrote:
I have recently decided to take the GMAT and just found the site yesterday. I picked up the OG 12th edition last nigth and am trying to refresh my math skills. I have 7 years exp as a General Manager at a retail outlet while in college, graduated, 1 year at a bank, currently work for a Japanese steel company in sales 2 years and running (I am American)

Looking to take the GMAT in December

Welcome to GMAT Club cdowwe and Finance11 and the gang - glad to have you!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Director
Director
Affiliations: Consortium (CGSM.org), NSHMBA
Schools: Yale SOM Class of 2012
WE 1: Investment Banking Summer Associate (Boutique tech M&A)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2009, 23:24
hi everyone -

i started posting here a few weeks ago (and lurked for a bit before that), but i never really introduced myself. i just recently got done taking my GMAT's for the first time. I'm 2.5 years out of college (undergrad '07 engineering). i had been working with a small company during this period, but was recently laid off about 3 weeks ago due to the financial health of the company. i spent the last few weeks since then preparing for my gmat, and i hope to enter a full time MBA program in the fall of 2010.

some other stuff - although i was born in the USA, both my parents are immigrants (from south america), and i speak spanish primarily at home. i'm into computers and video games (what a surprise, an engineer into techy stuff, i know), but i also like sports, especially soccer and football. great to meet you all!

GMAT Debrief

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager
Schools: Darden:Tepper:UCUIC:Kenan Flager:Nanyang:NUS:ISB:UCI Merage:Emory
WE 1: 3

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2009, 13:40
Hello Everyone,,

I am Kalyan from India. My aim is to get 700+ in Gmat.Right now im still in the mid 600's. I booked the exam date on oct 6th 2009. Hope i can reach it.

Coming to my backdrop

2 yrs exp in IT consulting in India's top software firm.
represented my company in MIT, cambridge for a leadership course.
Module lead for SAP-BI[business intelligence]
worked on functional areas like Inventory management,MIS and sales&Distribution :-D
Btech from India's No 1 private Institue in EIE dept
cgpa of 3.8

Planning to apply to MIT, nanyang,NUS, Ucla,darden, etc etc. :-D

Best Of luck to all my fellow members....!!!

Second cut is the deepest cut!!!:P

Intern
Intern
Schools: Duke Fuqua (A)

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2009, 10:32
hi everyone,

I'm Mary, 23 and in Seattle. I graduated from University of Washington with a 3.8 so I am hoping that a strong GMAT score will help me get into one of my dream schools. I'm planning on doing the guided self study from Manhattan GMAT using their strategy books and the OG/OG Math/OG Verbal along with purchasing the video/audio of their online class sessions to help me prepare. I'm also brushing up on my quant with Math Review For Standardized Tests by Cliffs Notes. My very arbitrary goal is 720, I feel that's obtainable and solid enough to get me in the door anywhere. I'm planning on applying in the first round of 2010, and will take the GMAT in January or so. Wish me luck!
Retired Moderator
B
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2009, 14:21
marymary wrote:
hi everyone,

I'm Mary, 23 and in Seattle. I graduated from University of Washington with a 3.8 so I am hoping that a strong GMAT score will help me get into one of my dream schools. I'm planning on doing the guided self study from Manhattan GMAT using their strategy books and the OG/OG Math/OG Verbal along with purchasing the video/audio of their online class sessions to help me prepare. I'm also brushing up on my quant with Math Review For Standardized Tests by Cliffs Notes. My very arbitrary goal is 720, I feel that's obtainable and solid enough to get me in the door anywhere. I'm planning on applying in the first round of 2010, and will take the GMAT in January or so. Wish me luck!

Ride on,best of luck :)

i think that your prep material is on target thus far.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2009, 14:47
Hello all, I'm Francisco and I found this site through your GMAT club app on iTunes. I started studying for the GMAT the lazy week of July and my test date is October 6th. I plan on applying to FAU's Sports Management program, and my test score range is roughly the 600 range. I've been using a GMAT book called "Ace the GMAT" and it does show ways to break down the easy, medium, and hard verbal and math problems. Then again, your methods might create better results. I will say upfront, I am terrified of this test, I'm not a fan of standardized tests, I believe I encounter a bit of stage fright, which I hope to overcome. My score will essentially determine if I apply by the November 1st deadline for Spring '10, or take this test, take my time with your forums help, with applications, essays, and so forth.

Anyways, I'll be looking aroundthe forums and ANY advice will be welcomed.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Sep 2009, 05:36
Hi everyone,

Found this site on Google, I've been prepping for GMAT for a couple of weeks now. My first choice of a school is LBS and I'm aiming to score at least 700. I'm hoping to take the test in November or December, however since I work full time I don't have much time to study and as it turns out my high school maths is quite rusty.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Fayetteville State University

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2009, 10:40
:( Hi everyone my name is Nikeya. I have a BS in technical management with a major in Finance and a minor in Accounting. I will like to attend Fayetteville State University in NC. I need a 550 to attend the school with my GPA. The practice test I did every bad to me anyway I received a 400. I will be taking the GMAT October 2nd at 11:30am. I am very nervous. I have been studing for weeks and don't feel like I am retaining anything. I ordered the guides you recommended. Any advice for me?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2009, 04:29
Hi All,

Came across the site on google and so far it is the best GMAT community site I've stumbled across. so far the information has helped me choose study resources (books, helpful links) as well as provide some insight into how others chose to tackle the various question types, as well as the GMAT overall.

I'm from Sydney, Australia so resources, study partners etc are scarce here so hoping that I can make a contribution here as well as obtain help to some of my own questions.

:-D
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2009, 17:41
Hi!
I'm Davide.
I'm from Italy and I moved to Washington, DC 1 year ago.
I'm 35, I've a MSc in Management Engineering from an Italian University and I would like to attend a part-time MBA program.
Schools applying to:
George Mason, George Washington and Georgetown
I'm planning to take GMAT at the end of the year.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2009, 13:49
Hello Everyone!

I just joined this Forum after reading book reviews on the Official Guide for GMAT on Amazon.

I'm an entrepreneur currently working to start my own e-learning business in Europe.
I'm interested in applying to graduate programs within the next 2-5 years.
I'm particularly interested in economics and government. I am aiming for a top-ten university.

Most of my family members (parents, uncles, cousins) work in engineering or the IT field. Growing up, I've always gotten good grades in math and science, but I think that's only because of my family background (having a "geeky" family convinced me that IT was my field -- but turns out, I really like the humanities/social studies better).

My hobbies include traveling and learning new languages. I have a natural affinity toward learning foreign languages. I speak Chinese fluently and have learned French, German, and Spanish. I'm currently learning Czech and would like to learn Russian and Arabic in the future (sounds crazy, I know!).

I'm planning to take the GMAT in late November / early December. Like most of you here on this forum, I'm aiming for a 700+. To be honest I'm actually quite terrified of this exam. I have a major weakness -- I get panic attacks (seriously). I could do a math a problem, understand it completely, and then an hour later see the same exact problem on a timed exam/test and totally, completely, BLANK OUT. When that happens, I usually just blank out for the rest of the exam, and then the whole exam just becomes a "lost cause" for me. That's my worst nightmare when taking an exam.

Well, that's all for my introduction. I hope to be able to learn and contribute to this forum in the weeks ahead.

:P
bambie800
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2009, 14:14
Welcome everyone - great meeting!

Take a look here for some introduction about gmat club: http://gmatclub.com/blog/new-member-area-welcome/

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2009, 04:17
HI,

I'm Ranjit. I come from Sydney Australia.

I will be applying shortly to MIT Sloan, Berkeley, Columbia and a yet to be decided fourth school.
Manager
Manager
Schools: HBS, Stanford, Haas, Booth, Columbia

Show Tags

New post 02 Oct 2009, 12:35
Anthony Johnson from Little Rock, AR
BS in Computer Engineering from University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
JD from University of AR, Little Rock

Taking GMAT Oct. 10.
Applying to Stanford, HBS, Booth, & Berkeley.

Wish me luck and thanks for all the help.

E-mail: acj81@yahoo.com
Intern
Intern
Schools: Attending IE Nov 2010
WE 1: 11 years int'l work experience

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2009, 08:42
Hi, I'm Josh and I am an American living in Japan. I plan to take the GMAT sometime early 2010 somewhere in Japan. If you're in the Hamamatsu area, be sure to look me up!

Graduated from the University of Alabama in Business Management and I plan to apply at Insead and LBS.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 05 Oct 2009, 08:42

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  66    Next  [ 1318 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap