GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 20:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Tuck Thread Master
Schools: Stanford (in), Tuck (WL), Wharton (ding), Cornell (in)
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2009, 01:43
Hi, I'm here for couple of months now but never quite introduced myself -

Shalva, from Georgia, taking GMAT in spring 2010, while preparing for CFA L2 exam as well... GMATClub is really the single most valuable resource one can find on web, so I'm just reading posts for most of the time :-D
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2009, 02:46
shalva wrote:
Hi, I'm here for couple of months now but never quite introduced myself -

Shalva, from Georgia, taking GMAT in spring 2010, while preparing for CFA L2 exam as well... GMATClub is really the single most valuable resource one can find on web, so I'm just reading posts for most of the time :-D

Welcome Shalva!
Nice to "meet" you and hope hear more from you here: calling-all-cis-xussr-mba-applicants-84818.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2009, 08:07
Hi! I have graduated with a degree in advertising and have been working for the last 2 years. I want to do my MBA in marketing, something along the lines of Brand management! I plan on going to a good MBA school fall on 2010. This is my first time on any forum posting a reply. I have started studying for the GMATs but haven't taken a test yet. I will prolly be doing that soon. It's nice to have something like this for ppl who have similar goal :)

tc
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 23 Oct 2009, 08:41
Glad we got your first Forum post!
Welcome.

dramaqueen69 wrote:
Hi! I have graduated with a degree in advertising and have been working for the last 2 years. I want to do my MBA in marketing, something along the lines of Brand management! I plan on going to a good MBA school fall on 2010. This is my first time on any forum posting a reply. I have started studying for the GMATs but haven't taken a test yet. I will prolly be doing that soon. It's nice to have something like this for ppl who have similar goal :)

tc

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas (R2) admitted, Stanford (R2) admitted

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2009, 11:34
Hi everyone,

Just found the forum a couple days ago and been looking at all the great tips so just registered and hope to become an active member.
I am a french girl, Ms in civil engineering, have worked building stuff and also making holes from oilrigs, now looking at an MBA for a career change (wonder if i ll get use to wearing business clothes though after 5 years in coveralls...)
I am taking the GMAT in november and applying R2 to Stanford and Berkeley. Looking forward to meeting some of you in B-school!

Emilie
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2009, 12:20
Milie wrote:
Hi everyone,

Just found the forum a couple days ago and been looking at all the great tips so just registered and hope to become an active member.
I am a french girl, Ms in civil engineering, have worked building stuff and also making holes from oilrigs, now looking at an MBA for a career change (wonder if i ll get use to wearing business clothes though after 5 years in coveralls...)
I am taking the GMAT in november and applying R2 to Stanford and Berkeley. Looking forward to meeting some of you in B-school!

Emilie

Welcome Milie - looking forward to having you as an active member!
You may be interested to connect with other women applicants: calling-all-female-mba-applicants-84636.html

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Oct 2009, 08:40
Hello Everyone!

My name is Ananth and I work as IT Programmer. I found this site via google while browsing for GMAT resources online 6 months ago. Ever since, my GMAT aspirations have become stronger and stronger by reading success stories on this forum. I am planning to take GMAT in winter of 2010 and hope to involve in this forum actively.

Lastly, I appreciate the efforts putforth by all members for posting wealth of information related to GMAT and MBA admission process.

Thanks
A.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2009, 14:55
Hello All,

My name is Vik Sikand
Profession: Mechanical Engineer
I have been a member since 9/09. I would like to thank "bb" for setting up this Forum - eventhough I havent posted much(till now),nevertheless I have learnt a lot from reading other peoples experiences. I wish, I can contribute in some way to the group! Mostly its me,me,me,me....for a change it is good to see a site where people actually take pains to help-out others. Good luck to all!
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2009, 15:12
Welcome ananthv and vicksikand!
Look forward to having you as active members.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
Schools: Wharton (ding), Kellogg (WL -ding), CBS (ding w/ int), Yale (int invite - ding), Anderson (in), Booth (int invite - ding)

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2009, 18:28
Hi all,
I've been a lurker for awhile now. Perhaps I should introduce myself!
In my past life, (well, until July 1, 2009), I was an aerospace engineer. After I was laid off from my company, I went to Indonesia to volunteer for a month. Came back to the states, and started preparing for business school. I live in LA. I went to undergrad in Texas and graduate school at UCLA. I'm 30. I'm very excited about this MBA journey and hope to meet some of you in business school!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38

Show Tags

New post 29 Oct 2009, 19:55
Welcome aboard "Lurker" :-). Sorry to hear about your job, I guess everything happens for a reason - hope you get admitted to a good school! Good Luck!

VS
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2009, 01:27
Hello Everyone,

My name is Nit and I am thinking about applying to Business school in 2011. I got a double BS degree in Chemical Engineering and Material Science Engineering from UC Berkeley in 2007 and is currently working in Japan as process integration engineer.

After working for about 2 years, I discovered that I am more interested in the business events and would therefore like to obtain a MBA for career switch. Looking forward to learn from all of you.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2009, 02:16
Hi guys,
brilliant idea!!!
My name is varun and i'm working as a system engineer with an IT firm for the last 18 months. I graduated with a BE in information Technology. I came across this forum some 2 months back got hooked on to it straight away........it's been a awesome place to be which has no nonsense funda and everyone hell bent on making it happen....it keeps me motivated and not to forget the valuable help and feedbacks.

I aim at 700+.
I've took 2 gmat prep tests so far and scored smwhr around 650 in both of them.

I'm taking GMAT next month i.e. December for sure this time.
It got delayed because i spent time raking my brain for what course to pursue?
But all in vain....still not sure :cry:

Anyways i've decide to go ahead with it and take the first step that will be to take the test. :wink:

Cheers!!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Nov 2009, 08:16
Hi Friends,

I am Aditya Parashar,Software Engineer by profession with 3yrs 5 months work experience.
I had already given GMAT in 1st week of november unfortunately score was way below my expectations just 610.I am completely unaware about how to seek help from GMATCLUB in order to raise my score.I have already taken next GMAT date on 23 Dec.Would request GMAT club members to help me in this.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2009, 21:11
Welcome guys and best of luck on the Test.
Just do a quick search to get started or see this area: http://gmatclub.com/blog/new-member-area-welcome/

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2009, 14:23
Hi everyone,

This is my fist time on GMATClub. Right now I am scoring around the top 10 percentile, and I am really hoping to bring up my score.

I hope to contribute to the community.
Intern
Intern
Schools: Cambridge

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2009, 23:32
Hi Guys,

Aditya here. 6 years of experience in a top IB's front office IT. Will take GMAT next month, Dec 4th to be precise. Want to pursue a course in finance[either Msc Finance or MBA finance] from a top uni, so let see where I land up.

Glad to have stumbled across this forum, and without a doubt this site is a boon for all the test takers.
I am astonished and humbled to see members sharing their knowledge so freely and taking so much pain in replying to questions; even the stoopid ones ! Great!
Anyway, I wish all the test takers good luck, hopefully we all will do well, get where we want to and do what we dream about doing..

keep up the good work. Cheers.

No Execuse..

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2009, 08:08
I just took a GMAT club challenge Quant test and scored 24 out of 37 correctly. This corresponded to being better than only 18.8% of test takers. Seem right?
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD, ISB, NANYANG, NSU

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2009, 16:48
HI guys and Gals...

this is a wonderful idea - kudos!! i myself am totally new to this club - joined yesterday!! :)

I have nothing special to declare in fact i am one in 3 people in the US, an Indian working in IT dept!! :)

i have 4.2 years exp so far and am planning on taking the GMAT in April/May, my second attempt. My first attempt bore results of 650 with 5.5 AWA. The reason i am writing it second time is 2 fold...

1 - I know i can do better
2 - well, atleast something to keep me busy!!

I want to do a 12-15 month full time course only, so right now US is not an option for me. Well, am looking for some good guidance from all these talented people in this forum and i wish everyone success and may your dreams be realized.

God bless

Thanks,
Arjun

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2009, 22:21
Hi all,

I am a newbie to Gmatclub.
My Profile:
Age 30, 8 yrs Exp in Electronics Design Industry
Master of Electrical From NUS, Singapore
2011 MBA aspirant.
Yet to give GMAT.

Any GMAT aspirants from Singapore?
We can form a study group if any interested
Planning to give my GMAT around Apr 2010

Thanks for the GMATCLUB for organizing the wealth of informations.

Cheers
Riyas
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 29 Nov 2009, 22:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  17   18   19   20   21   22   23  ...  66    Next  [ 1317 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR SEPTEMBER
e-GMAT: Free 30 day Access! 25+ Video Lessons | 400+ Practice Questions | 7 Free Webinars
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - Try it for free Online, personalized course | Unlimited tutor support | Special GMAT Club discount | GMAT Club tests included
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap