Last visit was: 06 May 2024, 11:43 It is currently 06 May 2024, 11:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 157 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 600 Q49 V25
GMAT 2: 650 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.5
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]
Hey everyone :)

I am a newbie here too. I came across this site when I was just doing some research on B-schools, the GMAT etc. After having followed a few threads, I must say that I have really learnt a lot more about the GMAT than I would ever have if I had not come across GMAT Club :-D.

As for me, I am currently an undergraduate student in Singapore. I wish to one day enter a good B-school to complete my MBA. But, it's a long way now with more than a year of my university life still left. And also, I'd have to get a decent amount of work experience (~3-5 years) to actually be considered for these B-schools.

Hope to get myself acquainted with more of the members here :)

And a Happy 2010 :lol:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [1]
Schools:Mellon, USC, MIT, UCLA, NSCU
Send PM
Kudos
moosehead wrote:
Hey everyone :)

I am a newbie here too. I came across this site when I was just doing some research on B-schools, the GMAT etc. After having followed a few threads, I must say that I have really learnt a lot more about the GMAT than I would ever have if I had not come across GMAT Club :-D.

As for me, I am currently an undergraduate student in Singapore. I wish to one day enter a good B-school to complete my MBA. But, it's a long way now with more than a year of my university life still left. And also, I'd have to get a decent amount of work experience (~3-5 years) to actually be considered for these B-schools.

Hope to get myself acquainted with more of the members here :)

And a Happy 2010 :lol:

Welcome! Note that some schools accept early career MBA's. In fact, three Ivies have programs (Harvard, Yale, Cornell (not really advertised but I know someone who began as an undergrad, worked, and then returned to finish the MBA)).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 120
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.56
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
gottabwise wrote:
Welcome! Note that some schools accept early career MBA's. In fact, three Ivies have programs (Harvard, Yale, Cornell (not really advertised but I know someone who began as an undergrad, worked, and then returned to finish the MBA)).

Thanks a lot for the information. After having read your post, I searched for these programs and found out more about them :) . Just one clarification, you were meaning a program similar to that of HBS' 2+2 program right?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Send PM
moosehead wrote:
gottabwise wrote:

Thanks a lot for the information. After having read your post, I searched for these programs and found out more about them :) . Just one clarification, you were meaning a program similar to that of HBS' 2+2 program right?

Correct. Stanford also encourages college seniors to apply: https://www.gsb.stanford.edu/mba/admissi ... niors.html
You might want to check out Rochester as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello all,

Just joined this community since I finally decided to start studying for the GMAT seriously. Have 2+ years of experience with Accenture doing IT consulting but want to transfer over to the investment side. Have an internship opportunity in China with a PE firm in March, but want to get the GMAT out of the way before I leave. I have roughly over a month to study for the test (end of feb 2010). I have all the generic study materials people have listed, but let me know if you found anything unique that especially helped you. Target score is 700+ (preferably 740+).

Xiao
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Send PM
xiao85yu wrote:
Hello all,

Just joined this community since I finally decided to start studying for the GMAT seriously. Have 2+ years of experience with Accenture doing IT consulting but want to transfer over to the investment side. Have an internship opportunity in China with a PE firm in March, but want to get the GMAT out of the way before I leave. I have roughly over a month to study for the test (end of feb 2010). I have all the generic study materials people have listed, but let me know if you found anything unique that especially helped you. Target score is 700+ (preferably 740+).

Xiao

Beneficial materials will depend on the ground you need to cover. I'd encourage you to check out debriefs for 700+ scores as well as threads on error logs. An error log will help you identify what to focus on. Enjoy China...World's Fair is coming up soon.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance & Entrepreneurship
Schools:OSU, Tuck, Texas A&M, Duke
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hi All! I have a BBA in Healthcare Management and have total 6 years of experience (2 years full-time) in the health care industry. I graduated Magna Cum Laude with a GPA of 3.75/4.0 in a private school in Chicago. I have not taken the GMAT however I'm scheduled to take it on Feb. 20th. My goal is to get at least 680 however currently the highest that I've done in the MGMAT CAT is 470. Is there hope? In efforts to get my score up, I've been studying OG 12th ed. I finished the error log for PS and on my way to finishing the error log for the DS. In addition, I'm studing Manhattan word translation GMAT strategy, dipping in various information and test from Kaplan GRE and Princeton GMAT.

I also plan on applying primarily in OSU Fisher College with a concentration in Entrepreneurship and Finance. I'm open to any suggestions/comments so feel free to leave one.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi all,

Stumbled into this site from google and it is the best that happened to me online in ages.. This place is simple terrific.. Thanks to the GC team as a whole that runs this and makes things easier for us..

Well, as for me, I have been in the IT industry for almost 4 years now and plan to get into the Top 5 schools.. And as my greed has it, Looking for a score not less than 750.. This forum has seen many like me and I guess I would follow the footsteps till I can help the ones behind me..

Starting my journey here today..

Thanks and Regards

Originally posted by post2pras on 18 Jan 2010, 02:29.
Last edited by post2pras on 23 Jan 2010, 15:54, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Club,

I Googled my way over to the site and happily registered to the forums after taking a look at the community here. You guys seems very supportive of each other, and there is a ton of info for me to sift through as I begin developing a study plan. I suspect this means I'll be spending a lot of time on here with you all in the future - looking forward to it! As for me, I'm currently an undergrad in college. I've been thinking ahead and decided it might be wise to get this beast over with before I have even less spare time to work with.

-Brian
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello,

GMAT Club discovered me on Twitter, and I followed.

I am actually halfway finished with my professional MBA with a specialization in applied management. I have been a restaurant manager with a medium sized Midwest based QS/FS Restaurant for five years. I enjoy management, but really like the mentoring and strategy side better than operations management. However, my job is to convert strategic goals into tactical reality, as such I am not encouraged to comment on current corporate strategy.

I am taking the GMAT in order to gain admissions to a PhD program in Strategic Management, hopefully at Krannert out of Purdue University. My target score is at least a 750.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi BrianFried and CrimsonOvercoat
Welcome to the Club.. Have you guys started your preparation and when are you planning your GMAT?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
After perusing this forum for a little over a month I thought I would intro myself. Just started studying for the GMAT after thinking about doing it for a few years now. My background is very checkered- Ive got a masters in economics but I dont do financial analysis- so I have about 8 years of work experience in mostly policy analysis (US and international) and economic development as well as business/marketing plan writing and consulting for SMBs. Currently I freelance corporate CI. The last few years have been awful on my career- heres a hint, DONT get into intl RE development right before a global downturn- so Im looking to finally move firmly into one field- preferably either market research or high-end decision analysis (with a helping of entrepreneurship and strategy). Im mostly interested in UK/European programs, although there is one school sitting 1.5 miles up the road that would be a good fit as well.

First practice test was only a 540- but I had really only studied a bit from the Princeton Review book. Obviously aiming for the upper 600s!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I am planning on taking th test in May. I've bought the official 12th Ed. Study guide, and I am borrowing the verbal and math books from a classmate. Admissions begins in august, and I want to be ready to be accepted asap.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi CrimsonOvercoat, i see you have mentioned about admissions in August.. can you let us knw more on which all start in august.. guess u r meaning the early admissions...
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73062 [0]
Given Kudos: 18912
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Welcome Everyone! Great to have you.
Glad to have you here - this site has a ton of materials and resources and our main issue is not a lack of information but organization.

Don't hesitate to search and ask questions and if you have any suggestions, please PM me.

Again welcome and good luck,
BB, Founder of GMAT Club.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Economics, Finance
Schools:SSE, LSE
 Q48  V37
Send PM
Hi everybody,

Already discovered this page several months ago, but did not yet start with my prep. I am an Int. Business student from Germany (however with American roots), looking out for some top notch business schools throughout Europe (somehow uncommon in this forum) to do my Masters degree. From now on I will have full 2 months of time for preperation, before my semester starts and I hope this is sufficient to get 700+. Concerning the books, I think I have the full package (KAPLAN - GMAT Premier, GMAC - GMAT Review 12th edition, Powerscore - GMAT verbal bible, KAPLAN - GMAT math workbook).
I will start with an online test and take the diagnostic tests from the GMAC book (or KAPLAN???). From there I will follow your suggested strategies and hope to finally reach my goal. Thank you for all the effort you put in this page and I will definetely be present over the next 2 months to exchange ideas.

Would be great if you would commend on on my time schedule of two months and if I should be fine with my prep-literature.

Thank you
vonshuriz
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 73062 [0]
Given Kudos: 18912
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
vonshuriz wrote:
Hi everybody,

Already discovered this page several months ago, but did not yet start with my prep. I am an Int. Business student from Germany (however with American roots), looking out for some top notch business schools throughout Europe (somehow uncommon in this forum) to do my Masters degree. From now on I will have full 2 months of time for preperation, before my semester starts and I hope this is sufficient to get 700+. Concerning the books, I think I have the full package (KAPLAN - GMAT Preview, GMAC - GMAT Review 12th edition, Powerscore - GMAT verbal bible, KAPLAN - GMAT math workbook).
I will start with an online test and take the diagnostic tests from the GMAC book. From there I will follow your suggested strategies and hope to finally reach my goal. Thank you for all the effort you put in this page and I will definetely be present over the next 2 months to exchange ideas.

Would be great if you would commend on on my time schedule of two months and if I should be fine with my prep-literature.

Thank you
vonshuriz

Overall sounds good - you may not have enough time to go through all of the materials you have amassed, but I would not worry about that - half of what you have is enough for a 700 score if you invest time into it and not just flip pages for the sake of progress. I assume you have seen this post: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html but just in case putting it here.

2 months can be tough to get more than 100 points of improvement - keep that in mind when you take a diagnostic test.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  66