It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 21:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2010, 22:54
I am planning on taking th test in May. I've bought the official 12th Ed. Study guide, and I am borrowing the verbal and math books from a classmate. Admissions begins in august, and I want to be ready to be accepted asap.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2010, 23:10
hi CrimsonOvercoat, i see you have mentioned about admissions in August.. can you let us knw more on which all start in august.. guess u r meaning the early admissions...
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2010, 23:57
Welcome Everyone! Great to have you.
Glad to have you here - this site has a ton of materials and resources and our main issue is not a lack of information but organization.

Don't hesitate to search and ask questions and if you have any suggestions, please PM me.

Again welcome and good luck,
BB, Founder of GMAT Club.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
Schools: SSE, LSE

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2010, 00:13
Hi everybody,

Already discovered this page several months ago, but did not yet start with my prep. I am an Int. Business student from Germany (however with American roots), looking out for some top notch business schools throughout Europe (somehow uncommon in this forum) to do my Masters degree. From now on I will have full 2 months of time for preperation, before my semester starts and I hope this is sufficient to get 700+. Concerning the books, I think I have the full package (KAPLAN - GMAT Premier, GMAC - GMAT Review 12th edition, Powerscore - GMAT verbal bible, KAPLAN - GMAT math workbook).
I will start with an online test and take the diagnostic tests from the GMAC book (or KAPLAN???). From there I will follow your suggested strategies and hope to finally reach my goal. Thank you for all the effort you put in this page and I will definetely be present over the next 2 months to exchange ideas.

Would be great if you would commend on on my time schedule of two months and if I should be fine with my prep-literature.

Thank you
vonshuriz
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Jan 2010, 00:37
vonshuriz wrote:
Hi everybody,

Already discovered this page several months ago, but did not yet start with my prep. I am an Int. Business student from Germany (however with American roots), looking out for some top notch business schools throughout Europe (somehow uncommon in this forum) to do my Masters degree. From now on I will have full 2 months of time for preperation, before my semester starts and I hope this is sufficient to get 700+. Concerning the books, I think I have the full package (KAPLAN - GMAT Preview, GMAC - GMAT Review 12th edition, Powerscore - GMAT verbal bible, KAPLAN - GMAT math workbook).
I will start with an online test and take the diagnostic tests from the GMAC book. From there I will follow your suggested strategies and hope to finally reach my goal. Thank you for all the effort you put in this page and I will definetely be present over the next 2 months to exchange ideas.

Would be great if you would commend on on my time schedule of two months and if I should be fine with my prep-literature.

Thank you
vonshuriz

Overall sounds good - you may not have enough time to go through all of the materials you have amassed, but I would not worry about that - half of what you have is enough for a 700 score if you invest time into it and not just flip pages for the sake of progress. I assume you have seen this post: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html but just in case putting it here.

2 months can be tough to get more than 100 points of improvement - keep that in mind when you take a diagnostic test.

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2010, 06:47
Hey,

Took the Diagnostic test of OG12 with a, let`s say, a differentiated outcome. I want to to save the CAT test for some time, since they are so valuable and I actually don`t want to waste them.

PS: Average
DS: Below Average
RC: Average
CR: Average
SC: Above Average

I think it was a good start to get an idea about the type of questions and how the concepts work. Now I will go into detail in the Quant section for the next month, in order to boost my Quant level to "Excellent". :wink: I keep an Error Log to track my errors.

Shall I use Premier Kaplan or OG 12, in order to refresh and review my maths skills?? After the Quant test I felt quite disappointed, but I am pretty confident to be able to do much better after reviewing the different consepts. I hope my 700+ in 2 months is still reachable, even with this "average" assessments above.

Would be great to get some feedback.
Thank you guys for everything
vonshuriz
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2010, 08:31
Quick question- are you only looking at LSE and SSE? I wasnt aware that SSE had an MBA program (since its not that common in Sweden yet) and LSE doesnt either. Would you need the GMAT for those or would the GRE be a better fit?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2010, 08:48
I am not looking for a MBA program, but graduate programs, since I am about to finish my undergraduate program this year. They require the GMAT, rather than the GRE.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.78
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2010, 20:17
Hi everyone,

I have found this website when I searched for the GMAT info online. My opinion: probably the best site out there with enormous amount of useful info.
I'm an international from Belarus (yes, it's a real country :-D ) with Bachelor's in Mathematics, and Master's in Mechanical Engineering (both while in the US). Currently working in the steel industry as a project engineer. Just a year ago I thought I had enough of school experience in my life. However, my perception has changed and I would like to get my MBA from one of the top 20 US business schools.
Took GMATprep test, made 660 (glad it is measured in increments of 10, otherwise would get 666 :-D :evil: ). Hope to see 700+ after the real test.
As to the GMAT preparation, a week ago I got all the books (OG 12, OG Verbal, OG Quantitative, 4 MGMAT Math guides, 2 MGMAT Verbal guides plus CR Bible) and began the "GMAT journey". I'm enjoying it so far....
Anyways, I'm glad to have found this site, and looking forward to be a part of GMAT Club...
Regards,
Alex
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE '15 (M)
GPA: 3
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2010, 09:13
Hi everyone,
i also found this website through my intensive search for MBA and GMAT Information. After a while i got to GMATClub (don´t know how, just opened every link i thought was useful) and saved it.

As i´m new here, i want to introduce myself. I´m a non native English speaker, but from Germany. There i have graduated from a Private University majoring Business and Economics in 2007. Since then i work for a small consultant company in Munich.

I started my GMAT prep. roughly a month ago with the math section. I was above average in math, but haven´t done it for years now. So i need to learn all the basics again. When i first used the gmat prep software, i was surprised how little i know about triangles, angles and so on.

That´s how i started/will continue:

Book:
OG 12th Edtion
The Official Guide for GMAT Verbal
The Official Guide for GMAT Math
Kaplan Advanced
Kaplan 800
8 x MGMAT-Book (bought all coz i´m weak in verbal and every prep info in math might only improve my score)
1,012 GMAT Practice Questions

--> I know, it is really intense, but first of all, i have enought time to prepare (6-8 months) and second, i don´t feel confident without. ;-)

My target score is 700+ (actually i´m more than happy with 700) and i will aim for one of the Top10 Business School worldwide (mostly USA, but also LBS).

I have read a lot of post from this forum, which already helped me to improve my procedure (i. e. strategies, error file, timetable, etc.). Thank you for all the effort you put into it and i will share my little experience as soon as i have improved my skills.

Thank you,
Micha
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2010, 22:55
hey everyone, I'm new to this board (have been lurking for a few weeks and I've been impressed with both the content and collaboration that lives here). in general, just hoping to learn from and contribute to this community going forward.

"Before every great fall, comes pride."

Current Student
Schools: Yale SOM

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2010, 13:24
teknowledge wrote:
hey everyone, I'm new to this board (have been lurking for a few weeks and I've been impressed with both the content and collaboration that lives here). in general, just hoping to learn from and contribute to this community going forward.

Hey teknowledge,
Welcome! What's your situation? Have you taken your GMAT yet?
Intern
Intern
Schools: NYU, Kellogg
WE 1: 4.5
WE 2: 5

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2010, 11:10
just joined the forum a few days back...this seems really useful, I have already used the book list from here to choose what I need to take the test...planning take the test somewhere in April
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2010, 16:00
Hi everyone, glad to be a part of this forum.... there's so many resources here :-D i found it through google while i was researching my options for getting into an mba school. I'm still exploring my options so I'm not entirely sure if getting an mba is right for me because I'm unsure as to what my career goals will be but I am interested in pursuing business as a career. I haven't started with any gmat prep yet but so far some good materials to have are : OG 12, and the manhattan review set based on what I've read by browsing through here.

Hope to see you guys around! I'll be lurking around the forums if I need some help, so I would appreciate it if you guys give me some help if I need it. Thanks a lot.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Status: Not afraid of failures, disappointments, and falls.
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
WE: Operations (Telecommunications)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2010, 03:53
vhunter wrote:
Hi everyone, glad to be a part of this forum.... there's so many resources here :-D i found it through google while i was researching my options for getting into an mba school. I'm still exploring my options so I'm not entirely sure if getting an mba is right for me because I'm unsure as to what my career goals will be but I am interested in pursuing business as a career. I haven't started with any gmat prep yet but so far some good materials to have are : OG 12, and the manhattan review set based on what I've read by browsing through here.

Hope to see you guys around! I'll be lurking around the forums if I need some help, so I would appreciate it if you guys give me some help if I need it. Thanks a lot.

you mean Manhattan Gmat? as this is one of the the most suggested prep courses or book providers here.

"I choose to rise after every fall"
Target=770
http://challengemba.blogspot.com
Kudos??

Manager
Manager
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Mar 2010, 23:55
Hi guys, I'm Sidharth and I'm new to this forum. This looks like a really great place to share information about the GMAT. I've been browsing around for a while now but was kinda hesitant to start posting anything because the knowledge that most of the guys have around here is pretty intimidating :shock: . However I feel its time I got started get myself involved in some discussions here.
I'm looking to take my GMAT somewhere around the June timeframe, do I have sufficient time to prepare really well? I'm fairly decent in quants and my verbal is pretty good.
Hope to contribute a lot to this forum and learn a lot in return.
Sid

My debrief: done-and-dusted-730-q49-v40

Manager
Manager
Schools: Insead
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2010, 00:57
Hi everyone,

I am a Romanian living and working in Japan. I have a BA from The University in Bucharest and I initially arrived in Japan with a scholarship during my uni years. I decided to stay after graduation (2006) and since then been working as a Sales and Marketing Recruitment Consultant at a big firm here in Tokyo.

I have learned a lot working here and I love living in Tokyo BUT it is time for a new challenge. I do want to stay in Asia though and my aim is INSEAD, Singapore campus.

I have discovered this forum pretty randomly and it proved to be the best thing that happend to me for my GMAT/application process. There are some fantastic people here posting some immensly valuable advice and information. Thank you all for your great efforts.

This is what I have done so far:

- built my study plan (i do have quite a bit of time - I am looking at submitting my application for September 2011 intake - r1 is September 2010)
- i took some time chosing the books I wanted to use - i highly recommend you read the posts here about this - there are so many options out there and i think it is worth the effort to put some research into it and select a few valuable books as opposed to buying evertyhing available out there
- i dowloaded the GMAT app for my i-phone so I get to practice on my way to work or when I am waiting for someone who is running late etc etc - i haven't had the chance to look into all its functions properly but this tool seems to be extremely valuable and here is a big big big thanks to its creators
- i have started to diversify my reading: history, geography, maths, science, politics etc etc - being a non-native English speaker it does help a lot to at least get used to texts from different contexts; i also try to read the news on my computer as I want to get used to non-paper reading as well
- my biggest challenge at this point is Quant: i used to love it in college but I only studied maths in my native language Romanian; it takes time to understand the language first and then the actual math problem

Anyhow, thanks y'all for a fantastic effort to put this forum together!

Good luck!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2010, 11:21
Hey folks, have been following this forum forever now, decided to stop trolling and post my experience so far
GMAT: 730. Applied: 7 schools, 2nd round. Heard from: Booth, Wharton, Stanford. Waiting to hear from MIT. None of the other schools have responded yet!! Has anyone heard from Cornell/ NYU in the second round of apps?
Intern
Intern
Schools: INSEAD/Harvard/Stanford/Wharton/York Univ./Univ. of Western Ontario

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2010, 05:26
Hello Everyone,

I am Manish. I gave GMAT 2 weeks back and got 720 (GMAC must give at least 15 mins. break at least to smokers :-D ).

I found this site through Google and I wish I would have found it before I gave my GMAT.
I hope other aspiring students find this site in time as it's a great resource.

Regards,
Manish

Last edited by gargmanish on 19 Mar 2010, 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2010, 18:18
I just discovered this site recently. I intend to take the GMAT this coming December, as I am busy with law school right now and I will be taking the bar exam this summer. I don't plan go to business school until 2012. I'm glad I discovered this site, as I am slowly collecting material that I will use to study.
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2010, 18:18

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  68    Next  [ 1350 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR FEBRUARY
Math Revolution - $69/mo Type Coupon Code: HOTDEAL2
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - $75 off all packages Valentine's special. Valid until Feb. 15
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap