It is currently 24 Feb 2018, 17:19

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2010, 21:09
Hey all,

I found this site off of google. I'm a college senior graduating in May. I was actually planning on going to law school originally, but after taking those exams and going through the entire process for that, I realized that I didn't want to become an attorney. After a career crisis, which lasted around six months, I decided that a MBA is definitely what I want and I'm really excited to get to know more about the GMAT and everyone here.

My goal is a 7xx :]
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2010, 23:18
Hi,

I am another Indian aspiring to get admission to Top B School in US / Europe.. Today is first day of my preparation. I have just given GMATPrep (Quant & Verbal section only) and have scored 650 (Q - 49 / V -30).

Clearly have to work a lot on Verbal as well as revise the basics / fundamentals for improving speed in Quant.

My goal is 750+ in GMAT. Wish we all the best.

rgds
MG
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2010, 07:24
hi.......

just came to know about this great site from one of my friend... not to mention why i am here......to realise dream 700+ GMAT score....

from India.... currently working on one of the biggest outsourcing co....for past 5 years....

hope you guys will help me in my dream.... :-D
Manager
Manager
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2010, 22:39
Hello, I am a busy working professional who is hoping the MBA will give me a big career boost. I did above average on the verbal first time through but finished it in less than half the time alloted. I know I could get an excellent score if I slowed down. The quant was more challenging. I did above average on the problem solving but was lost on the data sufficiency. I think I get it better after reviewing my answers. Anyway good luck to you all as you prepare.

Skip
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 13 May 2010, 04:00
Hi All...I am Soumya from India. I have an engineering degree from an REC and have been working for the last 33 months for an automobile manufacturer..
I intend to take the GMAT towards the end of July. As the days pass, my anxiety increases!!

This forum seems like a one-stop-all for GMAT prep..! Hope to gain out of it to score my target..!
BSchool Thread Master

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2010, 19:51
Hi everyone,

I found this forum through Google, and been active specially in the SC section for a while already. Interestingly, I came across this thread only recently.
I'm working as the finance director of an NGO in Central Asia. I've been working as accountant before, and doing other related finance tasks, but being a director I realized I urgently need to develop other skills, that's why I will try to get to bschool.
As for now I'm studying for TOEFL and GMAT verbal. Next month I'll start GMAT quant. Originally I planned to write GMAT in August, but closer to the date I'll see if I'm prepared enough to score above 700. Actually my preparation is going slow since I don't have enough time to study.
If I can't prepare well for this application season, then I will wait one more year, even though I'm getting a little old. But I don't have enough money to pay for the degree, and even when I have several people who could cosign for a loan, working outside the US or Europe it's unreal to return the loan. That's why I will study only if I get scholarships. And yes, for that you need a really good application, or you have to apply to a lower ranked school. I'm still not discouraged, and there is a small possibility that my organization will input a portion of the cost, so I can still continue with the plan of getting an MBA.
Good luck to all of you as you try to achieve your goals.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 23 May 2010, 13:26
Hi friends,

I just recently found the GMAT Club website and am excited to be a part of the community (it reminds me of the College Confidential community I was a part of trying to navigate the undergraduate admissions process). My background is a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the University of Pennsylvania (that's the College of Arts and Sciences, not Wharton!), and two years out of college in management and strategy consulting for the government and private sector clients. I took my first GMAT on May 8, 2010 to set a baseline and scored 700 (45Q/40V/5.5AWA). With client work taking a front seat, my audacious study plans turned into about 5-10 hours of glancing at sample questions in the OG the week beforehand.

I am "happy" with my score given the effort that I put in, but am pretty disappointed in myself for not preparing much more and doing better on the first go-around; also I scored much lower on Quant and much higher on Verbal than I anticipated. Math has always been my strong suit and I am looking to improve that score immensely. I will be taking the exam again this summer and my goal is to boost my score past 750, applying to MBA programs this fall 2010. I'm looking forward to the other resources and community members available on the website, and to finally set in place a true study and application plan.

-rubyko

可欲不可求 (ke yu bu ke qiu). one's long journey occurs through happenstance and not because of personal choice.

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2010, 09:07
Hi I'm HCB (initials for my name), and I'm a newbie. I think that GMATClub is a very helpful resource! Thank you.

About me: I took the GMAT once, did OK, and will probably take it one more time this summer.

Would love to go to a top tier school anywhere in the U.S. of A and ultimately would like to work in consulting/marketing :)

Love dogs and CBS's The Big Bang Theory - Sheldon Cooper is my hero! He probably would score 800 on the GMAT :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2010, 14:20
Hello! I am thinking about taking the GMAT, and I am trying to figure out how much time I will need to invest for preparation. This forum looks like a great place and I am really excited about digging into the posts!

Please don't forget to give kudos if you found someone's post helpful. Everyone likes kudos! :)

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2010, 15:15
Welcome!
Take a look here for a good place to start: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html?highlight=ml301

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here... or use our Daily Study Plan

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2010, 15:16
snkrhed wrote:
Hey all,

I found this site off of google. I'm a college senior graduating in May. I was actually planning on going to law school originally, but after taking those exams and going through the entire process for that, I realized that I didn't want to become an attorney. After a career crisis, which lasted around six months, I decided that a MBA is definitely what I want and I'm really excited to get to know more about the GMAT and everyone here.

My goal is a 7xx :]

Belated Welcome :)
Thank you for the suggestions and your input!

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2010, 06:43
Well, next week I will start it all: GMAT, TOEFL and essays. Hopefully I would be able to get everything together and apply to 6 schools in the period between 1st of October and 15th of November 2010. 2 of these schools are really good, and 4 are also really good but I would still choose the first two if I had the choice.
I took GMAT twice before in 2006, the first time it was 520 (with some 2 weeks preparation), the second time (in 2 months) with Kaplan I got 690 (very well balanced Q48 and V38). I didn't know about this site at that time, but now luckily I found it and have already absorbed a lot of information, and I am just starting. After lurking for a short while here I decided that I can aim on 700+ with proper books, and I got the Manhattan GMAT 8 books for a start. They will arrive on Friday and next week, and I will start the journey.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2010, 07:02
Hey everyone. I've only recently found this site, but so far the amount of information has been amazing. I am an Army Officer currently deployed to Afghanistan. I have about 6 more months before I come home so that's 6 months of GMAT study time. I'm shooting for 800 of course, but 750 will do :) When I get back I have about a year left of service before I hope to start my MBA. Thanks again to everyone on this site for their support.

Jeremy
Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2010, 07:07
Cielo wrote:
Well, next week I will start it all: GMAT, TOEFL and essays. Hopefully I would be able to get everything together and apply to 6 schools in the period between 1st of October and 15th of November 2010. 2 of these schools are really good, and 4 are also really good but I would still choose the first two if I had the choice.
I took GMAT twice before in 2006, the first time it was 520 (with some 2 weeks preparation), the second time (in 2 months) with Kaplan I got 690 (very well balanced Q48 and V38). I didn't know about this site at that time, but now luckily I found it and have already absorbed a lot of information, and I am just starting. After lurking for a short while here I decided that I can aim on 700+ with proper books, and I got the Manhattan GMAT 8 books for a start. They will arrive on Friday and next week, and I will start the journey.

Here is a TRUE avatar! :)
Love it! and of course welcome to the club!

Founder of GMAT Club

Expert Post
Founder
Founder
D

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2010, 07:10
jphamilt wrote:
Hey everyone. I've only recently found this site, but so far the amount of information has been amazing. I am an Army Officer currently deployed to Afghanistan. I have about 6 more months before I come home so that's 6 months of GMAT study time. I'm shooting for 800 of course, but 750 will do :) When I get back I have about a year left of service before I hope to start my MBA. Thanks again to everyone on this site for their support.

Jeremy

Welcome Jeremy!
Thank your service - good luck with your prep; please don't hesitate to PM me if any questions. I usually don't provide PM support but I had a classmate who got called back out of the BSchool for a year in Iraq - he came back a different man :( , so anything I can help with - more than happy to.

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2010, 08:07
Hello All,

My name is Neville, and I have decided that I will pursue an MSF. I found this site through Google, and I must say I have fallen in love. I would like to thank everyone I will meet on my journey in advance (for helping me reach my goal), I also hope along the way I can contribute to this site in a positive manner. I graduated from the University of Central Florida with a B.S. in Finance in '07, and I would like to get into a B-School as far away from Central Florida as possible lol. My target score is 730, as NYU is my dream, I realize from reading numerous posts that this is not a task to be taken lightly. I have set aside 3 months to prepare for the test M-F 1.5hrs a night and Saturday 3-4hrs Sundays off, I hope I have devoted enough study time but I assume I can just "change it up" if need be. Once again thank you all for your help and for putting together a wonderful forum.

P.S If you are taking the GMAT anytime soon I wish you all the best and I hope you hit your target :-)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Jun 2010, 18:01
Verbal is a little different, I did pretty well on the critical reasoning section, but my RC and SC were terrible and I think I just need some refreshers on techniques to get through the questions.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 07 Jun 2010, 05:19
Hi My name is Viru,

I am BE computer , wirking in USA for last 4 years.
I am Giving my GMAT in July end , I have 5 years of work experience.

I play Poker and Pool well :-)

I invest in stocks and Options.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2010, 06:57
Hi everyone

I'm aiming to further my study in Finance next year and will be sitting the GMAT in two or three months. During the last few months I've been preparing for my IELTS and CFA exams. So right now I'm in the mood to study. I have tried some CAT tests and it seems like my problem is the verbal part, as I'm not a native user of English. I got 760 on GMATPrep with no preparation (Q51, V42) so my goal right now is to get a higher verbal score and to get as near as 800 as possible.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Jun 2010, 15:26
hi,
26 yr old indian guy aiming for mba in fall 2012.
looking to further my renewable energy experience to consulting
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here   [#permalink] 14 Jun 2010, 15:26

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  68    Next  [ 1350 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

HOT DEALS FOR FEBRUARY
Math Revolution - $69/mo Type Coupon Code: HOTDEAL2
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
examPAL - $75 off all packages Valentine's special. Valid until Feb. 15
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
EMPOWERgmat - $99/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap