GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 10:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2010, 05:47
All is well :)

Welcome to Gmat Club.
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html?highlight=ml301

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Gmat test review :
http://gmatclub.com/forum/670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

GRE Forum Moderator
Affiliations: PMP certified, IT professional
Schools: CMU, Kelley

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2010, 20:09
Thanks gurpreetsingh,

I have gone thru the prep plan suggested in the link and come up with one customized to suit my schedule.

I just gave my GRE exam in June. So, i am familiar with the basics of Maths. However the verbal topics like SC, CR etc are new to me. So, my Month 1 is going to be Verbal Focus.

I am going to kickstart my GMAT preps with SC from Kaplan and Princeton starting tomorrow :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2010, 20:40
Hello,
I'm Alex and this is my 1st discussion board entry here.. I'm happy to be affiliated here and think to talk about my views and understand your own recommendations or updates
Thanks. See you guys
CEO
CEO
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 18 Jul 2010, 22:27
Hi Alex,

Welcome to the club. Start your journey, stay active, and keep posting.

gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html?highlight=ml301

Fight for your dreams :For all those who fear from Verbal- lets give it a fight

Money Saved is the Money Earned :)

Jo Bole So Nihaal , Sat Shri Akaal

:thanks Support GMAT Club by putting a GMAT Club badge on your blog/Facebook :thanks

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Gmat test review :
http://gmatclub.com/forum/670-to-710-a-long-journey-without-destination-still-happy-141642.html

Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2010, 06:20
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum and I am already finding all the information on this forum very useful!

I just graduated from a liberal arts college with a BA in Economics and Political Science. I plan on working for a few years but I thought it wouldn't hurt to start my research on b-schools!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2010, 10:47
Hey Guys
I just joined...this place is fantastic...great resources to help study :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: Haas, McCommbs, Anderson, Stern

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2010, 16:06
I'm glad I found this place. I already got rewarded for my efforts...I got a free powerscore book. Awesome stuff! Thanks GMAT clubbers... :-D
Intern
Intern
Schools: Berkeley Haas, UCLA Anderson, NYU Stern

Show Tags

New post 26 Jul 2010, 19:44
Hi!

Long time reader, first time poster.
For the last 3 years I've worked in telecom as a product manager. Graduated 3 years ago with a bachelor in mechanical engineering from UW, Canada, and looking to apply for bschool in 2012. My target is a 700+ gmat score on my way to the west coast (Ideally Haas, but any of the UC business schools would fit), and my goal is to transition to tech as a product manager.

I'll be writing in December, and I want to check in every few days. It'll be a pleasure working with everyone!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ACFE Member, CalCPA Member
Schools: Duke - Fuqua
WE 1: CPA & CFE with 7 years of experience

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2010, 21:27
Hi everyone. I actually already posted a bit about myself under the "GMAT Experience" thread but I thought I would post on here as this is really the introduction thread. My background is a BA in European History, former teacher, now a CPA and the manager of the accounting department at my office. I'm looking to get 700+ as I have dreams of attending one of the big schools.

I have to say, this site has helped me immensely. Just for the motivation factor it is well worth the time. If you add in all the strategies, tips and questions, it is downright gold!
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Jul 2010, 21:29
You absolutely should dream big - nobody can keep you out. We've had a ton of success stories. Take a look at this thread: admission-chances-for-gmat-club-members-97806.html

Welcome!

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Jul 2010, 08:17
Hey all,

I've been lurking for the past few weeks just absorbing all the information that the forums have to offer while studying for the GMAT. I figured it was about time to introduce myself and get involved in the community!

Some background info:

1 year in investment banking in bulge bracket
completing second year at a media company doing industry analysis, strategic analysis, business model research, etc focused on sports and digital media

Hoping for a 700 GMAT and planning on applying to Haas, Columbia, NYU, and Stanford (long shot with this one haha) likely for Fall 2012 entry. Fall 2011 might be doable assuming I don't need to retake, but I'm budgeting for at least 1 retake so we'll see...

I'm currently using the MGMAT books and PowerScore CR books to study. I'm probably going to buy the GMATClub tests to help me get faster at quant (my current weakness is that I can't "recall" strategies quick enough!)

8-)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2010, 09:03
Hi guys!

I've just signed up here and wanted to say hi to this amazing board!

Cheers!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2010, 01:35
I'd just like to introduce myself to everyone as I'm new here and wanted to say a Hi all as I have just joined.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2010, 16:13
Hi Guys:
I am from Twin-Cities MN, and going to take my GMAT test after two months from now.

Nice to meet you all.
Intern
Intern
Schools: USC, UCLA, UCSD, UCB,ISB

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2010, 23:49
Hi All,

I am jdie/25 and am kinda excited to start off my GMAT prep this week. I feel this forum will have a huge influence on my prep. Few days into this, I already have access to ginormous amounts of information.

I am currently based in Hyderabad, India and work for HSBC as a DBA. I have already done around 3 years worth of work. Though this test might be new to me, the concept of psychometric tests is pretty old.

So , I look forward to a rocking time with all you greats out here.

Cheers!
Jdie
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2010, 00:04
Hello All,

I am working for an electronic company since one year (I have MSEE). I am thinking of taking GMAT sometime in 2011.

I am really lucky to come across this website. Great Resource!!
But this forum has VERY large amount of information and I need some time to get used to it. After going through some forum topics I came to know that many people are taing GMAT within 2-3 months of their preparation. I am very very poooor in vocabulary and my grammer just sucks! I am thinking of taking GMAT with a good preparation.

"Not everyone who works hard succeeds. But all those who succeeded have worked hard!" ~~ Coach Kamogawa

Best,
ItsNotOver

Manager
Manager
Affiliations: SigEp

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2010, 10:05
Background: LSU Undergrad (May 2011), deciding whether to do direct admit (LSU) or hold out for 2-3 years to apply to UGA (Terry) and UVA (Darden). I'm experiencing a catch 22 with my undergrad management major because of it's non-specialized nature, making it difficult in the entry-level phase. Management Consulting or the VC is the ideal industry but I don't have an MBA to put me in a competitive applicant pool.

Current Score: 500 (Q32, V28), preparing to make ~650. I've taken the PR Course and it didn't really help much, still working on building a base in verbal and especially Quant. (Current Materials: PR Book, OG12, MGMAT SC)

Special thanks to bb and the rest of the veterans I have gained exceptional insight to making my experience efficient and maximizing the time I have until d-day (Aug. 23rd)

I do not expect to make an acceptable score because of the time constraint but I do hope to stay active on the board and eventually post my debrief titled "450-to-700".

For specific advice, I have made a post here. (Link)

Cocktails & Dreams,
Joe
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2010, 18:09
Hi fellow members,

I was referred to the GMAT Club by my professor. I am looking forward to taking the GMAT. And hopefully, I will gain a lot of helpful tips. See you in the forums. Thank you. :-D
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: IEEE
WE 1: 2.5 yrs - Medicaid
WE 2: 2 yrs - Higher Ed

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2010, 06:41
Hey all

Got introduced to this site by a friend. I am a MSEE grad (USC) working out of LA. Been working for 4 years in the state Medicaid program.
Looking at admissions for Fall 2011
Cheers
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA (R2-in)

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2010, 09:48
Hi all,

Was introduced to this forum by a friend. I've been lurking around for 2 weeks which is about the same time that I started my GMAT prep. I'm targetting Fall 2011 intake and I've allocated myself 2-3 months for the prep. I took the Knewton CAT and scored 520 and a week later I took the MGMAT CAT test and scored 550. I've remained hopeful that I can achieve my target of at least 700 by reading the various inspirational post. Hopefully, I'll be able to make tremendous improvement through the various tips, strategies and help available in this forum.

:)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 04 Aug 2010, 09:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  66    Next  [ 1318 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap