GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2018, 06:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: IEEE
WE 1: 2.5 yrs - Medicaid
WE 2: 2 yrs - Higher Ed
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2010, 06:41
Hey all

Got introduced to this site by a friend. I am a MSEE grad (USC) working out of LA. Been working for 4 years in the state Medicaid program.
Looking at admissions for Fall 2011
Cheers
Intern
Intern
Schools: UCLA (R2-in)

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2010, 09:48
Hi all,

Was introduced to this forum by a friend. I've been lurking around for 2 weeks which is about the same time that I started my GMAT prep. I'm targetting Fall 2011 intake and I've allocated myself 2-3 months for the prep. I took the Knewton CAT and scored 520 and a week later I took the MGMAT CAT test and scored 550. I've remained hopeful that I can achieve my target of at least 700 by reading the various inspirational post. Hopefully, I'll be able to make tremendous improvement through the various tips, strategies and help available in this forum.

:)
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2010, 17:11
This is one of the better forums out there, I like how the people running the site actively post and contribute. Applying this fall to enter next year, using the forums mostly to work on gmats for now, though I have started reading on tips for the application process and found those helpful.

If you liked my post, please consider thanking me with Kudos! I really appreciate it! :)

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2010, 08:39
I'm Mark, I came across this forum through the wonders of google as a result of my GMAT information searching.

A bit about me- Graduated from IL State in Business Management- Entrepreneurship last May. I'm 23. Have started to job search and begin building my work experience. Since jobs have largely been tough to come by so far I have made getting the GMAT out of the way a much bigger priority.. in an effort to be starting business school before I am 30.

Unfortunately still trying to figure out what I want to do with my career. Other info- into things like Comedy, Fantasy Baseball, Chicago sports, lots of other stuff.
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2010, 08:55
mawarn3 wrote:
I'm Mark, I came across this forum through the wonders of google as a result of my GMAT information searching.

A bit about me- Graduated from IL State in Business Management- Entrepreneurship last May. I'm 23. Have started to job search and begin building my work experience. Since jobs have largely been tough to come by so far I have made getting the GMAT out of the way a much bigger priority.. in an effort to be starting business school before I am 30.

Unfortunately still trying to figure out what I want to do with my career. Other info- into things like Comedy, Fantasy Baseball, Chicago sports, lots of other stuff.

Hi Mark, Welcome aboard!! A year ago when I joined gmat club, I was in your shoes. Today I know almost every aspect of the gmat (my test date is 09-Aug :) ). So stay in touch, contribute to the community & you will get the benefits. Best of luck for your preparation.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2010, 07:21
Hi to you all. I have talked about getting my MBA for the past few years, since I got my Bachelors (George Fox Univ, Newberg, OR) in 2006. I was really hesitant until a few weeks ago, when my wife told me that I should go for it. I am looking at online programs, since there is relatively nothing close to me. I have recently been relocated to Charlotte, NC and have no intentions of moving. I have focused my two schools to Penn State and Indiana. I have also looked at Arizona State, and Florida. I took a practice test from Veritas and got a 520, I figured it was pretty good, considering, I literally just sat down and took it. Now that I understand the test, and with a little studying, I will easily be able to get it to 600, hopefully higher. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If any one has any information on Penn State or IU-Kelly Direct, I would be interested in it.

I see the Forums setup by Business school, but it would be nice to have them in some sort of order so that you can find a particular school easier. Just a thought.

So far this site has helped a lot.

Chris
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: ACFE Member, CalCPA Member
Schools: Duke - Fuqua
WE 1: CPA & CFE with 7 years of experience

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2010, 09:57
Hi Cabhorn,
If you want to find a particular school, I would suggest using a filtered search. The search function on this site has quite a few features. If you do a search, you can set the filter by what sub-category you want (such as only "Business School and MBA), include the school you are interested in, and presto-chango you have your result.
Founder
Founder
V
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2010, 22:56
There is a huge Google Search box at the top - please note its existence :)

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2010, 20:35
Hi everyone. I thought I would introduce myself.

I should be on here quite a bit in the coming months as I retire from the CFA forum and move over here. I'm working towards a 720-740 score, so I have my work cut out for me. I just took the first GMATPrep test and scored a 690, with 44 quant, 40 verbal. I was quite surprised at how high my verbal was (fluke?) and how poor my quant was. I plan on about 3 months of study, fairly hardcore. See you all on the forums
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2010, 21:38
abmyers wrote:
Hi everyone. I thought I would introduce myself.

I should be on here quite a bit in the coming months as I retire from the CFA forum and move over here. I'm working towards a 720-740 score, so I have my work cut out for me. I just took the first GMATPrep test and scored a 690, with 44 quant, 40 verbal. I was quite surprised at how high my verbal was (fluke?) and how poor my quant was. I plan on about 3 months of study, fairly hardcore. See you all on the forums

Welcome to GMAT club!

Quite a few people who have passed the CFA1 and 2 are usually slammed with a surprising score on the GMAT. Not unusual. I think the tests require different skills and thou you may be good at math, not necessarily GMAT math. Should not be hard though to get up to 49 in a month. Good luck!

Founder of GMAT Club

Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V30
WE: Project Management (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2010, 22:02
Hey all

Hoping to crack the GMAT as all of you. This forum is unbelievable!

Quote:
There is no Spoon..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2010, 17:09
Hi All,
I have a total work ex of 9 years. I am a science graduate . I have also completed my Executive MBA from IIM Kol (SAtellite program). I appreared for GMAt on 9th and scored 560. Looking forward to use the forum for improving my score to 700 +.
All the best .
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 17 Aug 2010, 01:07
msmita28 wrote:
Hi All,
I have a total work ex of 9 years. I am a science graduate . I have also completed my Executive MBA from IIM Kol (SAtellite program). I appreared for GMAt on 9th and scored 560. Looking forward to use the forum for improving my score to 700 +.
All the best .

Welcome to GMAT Club!
Are you looking to get a second MBA or a different degree?

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2010, 15:21
Hello everyone!!
I am GMATClub forum enthusiast and I am here to see how I can help and learn how to beat the GMAT.
I am considering retaking the test.
I first took it 2 weeks ago and got a disapointing 630 (Q 41, V 36).
I am aimming for 700.
Hope this second journey is better than the first.
Bye
Manager
Manager
GMAT 1: 540 Q47 V19
GMAT 2: 610 Q46 V28
GPA: 3.86
WE: Programming (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 21 Aug 2010, 04:30
Greetings to all. Pranav here. I'm working as a Software Engineer for past 3 years in Bangalore. My age is 24 and I want to do MBA from top 30 B Schools from US...MIT is my 'theatre of dreams'. Area of interests are: Consulting and Strategic mgmt,Operations and Technology mgmt.

Cheers.
Pranav :-)
Intern
Intern
Schools: HBS, Kellogg, Oxford, Wharton

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 25 Aug 2010, 23:17
Cheers Guys!

I would like to make my formal introduction.

My name is Vlad. I have been a member since 2007 (My sophomore year of undergrad) and looking to get more involved within the GMAT community. I'm a business major with international and US banking experience and I recently graduated from a small liberal arts college.

I decided to start studying for the GMATs since job prospects are slim to none. Even though the GMATs they are a long ways away, I feel like its better to start now than later, and it will help me keep my math up. My goal is set pretty high up since I want to go to a Top 20 school. I'm going to take my practice GMAT tomorrow to see how I do and decide my study plan for the next couple of years.

Looking forward to becoming a member of this great community! If anyone is in the same position as me, I would love to chat about it. Send me a pm!

Thanks guys.

- Vlad A.

Originally posted by v0va on 25 Aug 2010, 18:28.
Last edited by v0va on 25 Aug 2010, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
Founder
Founder
V

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2010, 22:51
Welcome Vlad! Glad to have you. Take a look here: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html?highlight=ml301

Founder of GMAT Club

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2010, 13:28
Hello Eveyone,

My name is Monis and I am from Dubai, UAE. I graduated in 1999 with a BSc Business Administration major from Embry Riddle Aeronautical Univ in Florida with a GPA 4.00. Since its been a while, I need to refresh a lot of the basic math, grammar and reading concepts as the GPA does not lead automatically to a good GMAT. Especially since it was 11 years ago.

I have grown to love the GMATclub website alot. When I was hunting for the right books to buy, I came across this website and was so relieved to see all the different plans and book bundles suggested here. I spent maybe 5-6 hours deciding before ordering the books on Amazon. And also buying a few second hand locally.

I have already given the GMAT twice but have gotten a pretty low score. And am now determined to take part the GMAT like a Spatan with discipline, focus and determination. Therefore I look towards you guys for Kudos and HUHA to keep me motivated. I am aiming at a 750+ level score as I plan to apply to the Top 10 US schools.

So here is my hello to you all. I am putting together a plan right now and may post it to get some feedback from the forum members.
Retired Moderator
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2010, 01:51
mhasan wrote:
Hello Eveyone,

My name is Monis and I am from Dubai, UAE. I graduated in 1999 with a BSc Business Administration major from Embry Riddle Aeronautical Univ in Florida with a GPA 4.00. Since its been a while, I need to refresh a lot of the basic math, grammar and reading concepts as the GPA does not lead automatically to a good GMAT. Especially since it was 11 years ago.

I have grown to love the GMATclub website alot. When I was hunting for the right books to buy, I came across this website and was so relieved to see all the different plans and book bundles suggested here. I spent maybe 5-6 hours deciding before ordering the books on Amazon. And also buying a few second hand locally.

I have already given the GMAT twice but have gotten a pretty low score. And am now determined to take part the GMAT like a Spatan with discipline, focus and determination. Therefore I look towards you guys for Kudos and HUHA to keep me motivated. I am aiming at a 750+ level score as I plan to apply to the Top 10 US schools.

So here is my hello to you all. I am putting together a plan right now and may post it to get some feedback from the forum members.

Hi monis, welcome to gmat club! :) I hope you will find this community helpful. Best of luck & keep us posted.

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2010, 22:04
Hi All! I am new here. Just wanted to greet you all :)
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 05 Sep 2010, 22:04

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  25   26   27   28   29   30   31  ...  67    Next  [ 1328 posts ] 

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT
HOT DEALS FOR AUGUST
Economist GMAT - Free Free 1-week trial + Free Test
Math Revolution - $99/3 mo Free 1-month trial + Diagnostic Test
Target Test Prep - Save $800 $50 Discount + $750 Bonus [GMAT Club
Tests and Premium MBA Bundle]
examPAL Full GMAT video course - Save 10%
EMPOWERgmat - $85/mo GMAT Club tests included 2nd month GMAT Prep Exams 3, 4, 5 & 6
Kaplan Courses - Save $475 $225 Discount + $250 Bonus
GMAT Club Tests - Free Included with every course purchase
of $149 or more - Full List is here

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap