GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2018, 15:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16832
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2010, 00:02
scholarships are often given based on academic merit, so if you have a strong GMAT score, 720+, and possibly good GPA, you should have a chance.

Good luck!
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 9
Location: Doha, Qatar
Schools: INSEAD, Princeton, HKUST, Oxford, ISB, SP Jain
WE 1: 5.5
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2010, 04:44
Hi everyone,

I m Ashwin.
Electrical and Electronics Engineer. Graduated in '07.
Working as Sr. Sales Engineer for El Sewedy Cables (power cable manufacturing company) @ qatar.

Had scored 580 in first attempt. Quant 47, verbal 24 n AWA 5.5.

I target to score 700+

I have been a silent visitor of this site for quite some time.. But the little adventure GMAT 1 shook me to the core.. :) realized its imp to be active .. Had to make a new ID as well as I forgot previous password :) .Advices n comments mentioned here are really helpful.
I know GMAT is jus 10% of the whole picture.. I shall need help of this site to prepare admission essays n interviews for colleges I would try for.

Thanks for guidance n support
Cheers!
Ash

Posted from my mobile device
_________________

If You keep Doing what you have done, You ll keep getting what you have got.

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 22 Jun 2010
Posts: 15
Location: Dominican Republic
Schools: Rochester Institute of Technology
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2010, 21:04
Hello everyone, no need to say my name I guess.... I just did my bachelor in Business Administration, and when I say "I just did" I mean my graduation is next week...But I have worked in the administrative and marketing field in the last 3 years.

I'd like to be accepted in RIT's MBA program. All they are asking is a merely 580 and I'd like to get +600 (I don’t want to look as I barely made it). Did good on the TOEFL (110), nice GPA... all I need is to take care of this test and this site is helping me believe I will. So keep up the excellent work and my very best regards for everyone.

Laura.-
Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16832
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2010, 21:06
laurapv wrote:
Hello everyone, no need to say my name I guess.... I just did my bachelor in Business Administration, and when I say "I just did" I mean my graduation is next week...But I have worked in the administrative and marketing field in the last 3 years.

I'd like to be accepted in RIT's MBA program. All they are asking is a merely 580 and I'd like to get +600 (I don’t want to look as I barely made it). Did good on the TOEFL (110), nice GPA... all I need is to take care of this test and this site is helping me believe I will. So keep up the excellent work and my very best regards for everyone.

Laura.-



welcome, with your GPA should not be too hard to get 600+

Here is a good place to start:
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html?highlight=ml301
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Founder
Founder
User avatar
V
Joined: 04 Dec 2002
Posts: 16832
Location: United States (WA)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2010, 21:08
Dohalad wrote:
Hi everyone,

I m Ashwin.
Electrical and Electronics Engineer. Graduated in '07.
Working as Sr. Sales Engineer for El Sewedy Cables (power cable manufacturing company) @ qatar.

Had scored 580 in first attempt. Quant 47, verbal 24 n AWA 5.5.

I target to score 700+

I have been a silent visitor of this site for quite some time.. But the little adventure GMAT 1 shook me to the core.. :) realized its imp to be active .. Had to make a new ID as well as I forgot previous password :) .Advices n comments mentioned here are really helpful.
I know GMAT is jus 10% of the whole picture.. I shall need help of this site to prepare admission essays n interviews for colleges I would try for.

Thanks for guidance n support
Cheers!
Ash

Posted from my mobile device


Welcome Ashwin!

good luck with your plans! a big part of your end result is the materials you use – make sure you get the right books.
http://gmatclub.com/forum/top-gmat-prep ... ight=ml306
_________________

Founder of GMAT Club

Just starting out with GMAT? Start here...
OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Verbal OG2019 Directory is here! - New!
Quant OG2019 Directory is here! - New!

Co-author of the GMAT Club tests

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Posts: 4
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2010, 06:30
Hi,

I am smitha, did my masters from Texas A & M and have been working in IT for 6 years. Started preparation for the test and need a little motivation. Seems a little high expectation but want to attend Wharton school of business and want to score 700+.

I have come across this site while trying to find Princeton tutoring schedule and find it very helpful. need to be more active though.

Thanks
Smitha
Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: The last round
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1223
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2010, 07:44
VSC wrote:
Hi,

I am smitha, did my masters from Texas A & M and have been working in IT for 6 years. Started preparation for the test and need a little motivation. Seems a little high expectation but want to attend Wharton school of business and want to score 700+.

I have come across this site while trying to find Princeton tutoring schedule and find it very helpful. need to be more active though.

Thanks
Smitha


Hi Smitha, welcome to gmat club. :)

This forum & site is full of resources and I hope you can get tons of benefit by using these resources. Just to kick off your study strategy, go through this link
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

You can get the best reviews of the best options in the market by going through these threads
all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html
best-gmat-books-77703.html
gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html

By the time, you go through above links, you will have decided a line of action for your study. :)

Best of luck & keep us posted.
_________________

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2010
Posts: 25
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2010, 09:02
Morning!

I found this site while searching for gmat quant books and after some browsing realized how much more seriously I had to take the GMATs. I've since increased the number of books in my amazon order, set a serious 2 month study plan and subscribed to the GMAT question-a-day mailing list.

It seems that nearly everyone is shooting for the 700 club and that's a great goal but I'm personally shooting for 650-680. But may have to adjust that goal after I take my first practice exam to set my baseline score.

Cheers,
F
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 28 Sep 2010
Posts: 4
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2010, 10:05
I am Deepak.
My wife introduced me to this web site.
We have been preparing together for GMAT..

-10 Years of exp in IT.
- Bachelors in Electronics.
- Love reading books on physics, philosophy, religion and technology.
- Love playing Golf
- Live in NY.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: The last round
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1223
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2010, 20:53
No1EzPerfect wrote:
I am Deepak.
My wife introduced me to this web site.
We have been preparing together for GMAT..

-10 Years of exp in IT.
- Bachelors in Electronics.
- Love reading books on physics, philosophy, religion and technology.
- Love playing Golf
- Live in NY.

Hi Deepak, welcome to gmat club.

I think you are at the right place at the right time. Check this thread out to start your gmat journey.
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

You will tons of useful material & valuable advice here. So be a part of community. in case of any specific help, do let us know. Best of luck & keep us posted. :)
_________________

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: The last round
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1223
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2010, 21:14
fronds wrote:
Morning!

I found this site while searching for gmat quant books and after some browsing realized how much more seriously I had to take the GMATs. I've since increased the number of books in my amazon order, set a serious 2 month study plan and subscribed to the GMAT question-a-day mailing list.

It seems that nearly everyone is shooting for the 700 club and that's a great goal but I'm personally shooting for 650-680. But may have to adjust that goal after I take my first practice exam to set my baseline score.

Cheers,
F


Hi fronds, welcome to gmat club.

I hope you will find the tons of resources available here useful. To define a study strategy you can check this link out
gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

In case of any help, do let us know.

Best of luck & keep us posted.
_________________

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 21 Jul 2010
Posts: 52
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2010, 17:11
Hello everyone,

I actually posted one or two posts but I did not introduced myself. How rude!

So a bit about myself:

- French who has been living in Cambridge (UK) for the past 3 years now.
- BA in Business Management (my last year) at AIBS Cambridge
- Hope to get into one of the top 5 B-schools in France (HEC, ESCP, ESSEC, EDHEC...) Master Grande Ecole

My GMAT prep started about 2 months ago where I did some exercises but realised that I was rusty in maths so I stopped for like one and a half month to actually start about 3 weeks ago after acquiring the MGMAT set of books.

GMAT Test scheduled for the 23rd of December - I would like to get as much as possible :-D 650-700+

I found out about the forum about 2 months ago and I have been silently reading through posts and I must say, the forum is a pearl with really helpful and skilled people. I am looking forward to work with all of you.

I think this is pretty much it.

Please take care of me ;-)

P.
Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: The last round
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1223
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Oct 2010, 22:36
Hi burnkeal, welcome to gmat club! :)

I hope you will be having a great time here. This site has tons of info, so you just have to jump into the sea.

I am pasting some good threads for you if you haven't gone through these yet

gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

all-gmat-cat-practice-tests-links-prices-reviews-77460.html

best-gmat-books-77703.html

gmat-prep-course-reviews-discount-codes-78451.html

Best of luck & keep us posted.
_________________

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2009
Posts: 68
Location: United States (VA)
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Schools: Darden '17 (M)
WE: Business Development (Other)
Reviews Badge
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2010, 04:49
Hello,

I am a Director of Research for an Executive Search Firm (heidrick, korn ferry, etc) I also work in public affairs. I just started studying and my MGMAT books are arriving today. I'm aiming for a 700+ since my college gpa was a little low. My quant is the area I need to work on, I just took the lsat and did well. Thanks and looking forward to contributing.

Alex
_________________

"Popular opinion is the greatest lie in the world"-Thomas Carlyle

Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: The last round
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1223
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Oct 2010, 04:54
Bigred2008 wrote:
Hello,

I am a Director of Research for an Executive Search Firm (heidrick, korn ferry, etc) I also work in public affairs. I just started studying and my MGMAT books are arriving today. I'm aiming for a 700+ since my college gpa was a little low. My quant is the area I need to work on, I just took the lsat and did well. Thanks and looking forward to contributing.

Alex


Hi Bigred, welcome to gmat club!! :)

You can have a look at my post above to kick off your preparation. In case of any specific help, do let us know.

Best of luck!!!
_________________

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Plan to start my MBA from Sep 2012
Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 14
Location: Netherlands
Schools: Haas,Cranfield,Oxford,LBS,ISB
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2010, 07:26
Hi All,

This is Ahneesh from India....
I stumbled upon this forum couple of weeks back and i must say that it is one of the best things i did :)
Such forums are really useful for people who start or plan to start preparing for the GMAT..
I am giving my GMAT day after , after 4 weeks of preparation...and hope to do well in it..

Will update you guys on my performance..

Cheers
Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: The last round
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1223
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2010, 08:01
anish854 wrote:
Hi All,

This is Ahneesh from India....
I stumbled upon this forum couple of weeks back and i must say that it is one of the best things i did :)
Such forums are really useful for people who start or plan to start preparing for the GMAT..
I am giving my GMAT day after , after 4 weeks of preparation...and hope to do well in it..

Will update you guys on my performance..

Cheers


Hi Aneesh, welcome to gmat club!! :)

I hope your will gain maximum benefit from the tons of stuff available here.

Best of luck & keep us posted about your performance.
_________________

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 22
Schools: SUNY at Stonyb Brook
WE 1: 4 yrs
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2010, 08:46
Hi all..
Although I joined GmatClub couple of months back, I came to know about this thread today only :oops:
I am just 2 weeks away from my D-day. I am in final stage of preparation and I am planning to take few free available tests now, and then including MGmat tests. Any suggestions are welcome .
btw, Hussain along with few others I have your GMAT story bookmarked . I got 500 when I first took GMATPrep Test ( without any preparation ), and then I came across your story ... it inspired me a lot :thumbup: . Now I hope that I will do just as good as you did :)
_________________

Consider giving Kudos if my post helped you in some way :)

Retired Moderator
User avatar
Status: The last round
Joined: 18 Jun 2009
Posts: 1223
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2010, 20:58
Pinali wrote:
Hi all..
Although I joined GmatClub couple of months back, I came to know about this thread today only :oops:
I am just 2 weeks away from my D-day. I am in final stage of preparation and I am planning to take few free available tests now, and then including MGmat tests. Any suggestions are welcome .
btw, Hussain along with few others I have your GMAT story bookmarked . I got 500 when I first took GMATPrep Test ( without any preparation ), and then I came across your story ... it inspired me a lot :thumbup: . Now I hope that I will do just as good as you did :)


Hi Pinali, nice to see you.

Thanks for your comments. I hope you will do the best at your real day. Best of luck & let us know if we can be of any help.
_________________

[ From 470 to 680-My Story ] [ My Last Month Before Test ]
[ GMAT Prep Analysis Tool ] [ US. Business School Dashboard ] [ Int. Business School Dashboard ]

I Can, I Will

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Intern
Intern
avatar
Status: Plan to start my MBA from Sep 2012
Joined: 07 Sep 2010
Posts: 14
Location: Netherlands
Schools: Haas,Cranfield,Oxford,LBS,ISB
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2010, 22:14
Hi Pinali...I am sure you will improve by leaps and bounds... Just make sure that you focus well and log your mistakes so that you can revisit them.
Also, reading some grammatically correct books might help you immensely. Personally though, I feel that GMAT is just the first stop in the journey, not the destination itself.
Therefore, just following a set of steps and rehearsing them for a short period of time isnt really the best thing. Make reading and writing a habit, so that you are prepared for the challenges which pose themselves in days, months or even years ahead.

I am taking the GMAT tomorrow....been preparing for almost a month now...
To make myself comfortable with passages, essays and to be able to focus more, i have resorted to blogging. I do feel that along with reading newspapers, journals, magazines and novels, blogging is an awesome method of improving ones vocabulary, critical reasoning, concentration and patience.

I have written a few lines about my preparation on my blogpage. Link to it is
http://insomniac-anish.blogspot.com

Will update it tomorrow after my GMAT...

Wish me luck :)
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here &nbs [#permalink] 13 Oct 2010, 22:14

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  66    Next  [ 1318 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Knowing club members - Introduce Yourself here

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: HKD1710



Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.