Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 13:31 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 13:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
Ivy Groupe Admissions Consulting Representative
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Harvard Business School graduate and MBA admissions expert
Affiliations: Harvard, Princeton
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [1]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Law Degree then MBA? [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I don't think having a law degree will negative effect on you, typically if positioned appropriately it can be a real boon to your candidacy.

I will say tho, you want to make sure you are pursuing a law degree for the right reasons, not just because you know you can get in. Unless you want to pursue a career in law or see some other knowledge opportunity from this degree then you want to consider if getting a law degree is the best path to your career goals
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V33
Send PM
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
I don't think having a law degree will negative effect on you, typically if positioned appropriately it can be a real boon to your candidacy.

I will say tho, you want to make sure you are pursuing a law degree for the right reasons, not just because you know you can get in. Unless you want to pursue a career in law or see some other knowledge opportunity from this degree then you want to consider if getting a law degree is the best path to your career goals

Thank you for the feedback. The way I have been looking at the law degree is as more of an opportunity to learn about the business world from a different angle (corporate law). I think that the rigorous academic work required to do well in the degree alongside all the debating and presentations etc. are going to be great for personal development. My undergraduate degree is typically one of the stepping stones some take into law school but for me I am a bit hesitant to actually becoming a career lawyer. I am much more drawn towards MC in general. I think that having a JD from a top Canadian school with 2-3 years corporate law experience and an MBA from hopefully a good school will put me in a strong position career wise for Management Consulting.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Expert Reply
I think it will as well, it is a bit of a roundabout path but a law degree is a flexible degree so you will have tons of career opportunities following your degree if you choose to go down that path
GMAT Club Bot