It is currently 18 Nov 2017, 09:06

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Letter of Recommendation - Grace Period ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Letter of Recommendation - Grace Period ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2017, 10:35
I understand that Round 1 deadline is 20 Sept. However my recommenders would find it difficult to send the Letters of Recommendation by 20th (Both travelling on business). Is it acceptable if the recommendation letters are sent after the deadline dates ? Apart from the LORs, the rest of my application will be submitted before the deadline date.

Will this risk the application be pushed to the next Round ?

Per the Kellogg application: "Applications are not considered complete until all required information including recommendations are submitted."

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

GMAT 1: 660 Q50 V29
GMAT 2: 690 Q48 V36
GPA: 3.7
Re: Letter of Recommendation - Grace Period ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2017, 11:09
I don't think there's such thing as a grace period. To my knowledge, it is upto the applicant to be sure that everything gets submitted on time regardless of any situations.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Leadership
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V37
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.1
Re: Letter of Recommendation - Grace Period ? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2017, 20:40
I believe the admissions team will allow recommendations a little bit past the deadline, maybe 1-2 days? If you're application is so strong that you feel this won't hurt you too much, it's up to you. If you feel you have a few weaknesses, you may consider applying Round 2, and ensure your recommenders spend the appropriate time on them. I only say that because what does it tell an adcom if you can't get your recommenders to send their recommendations in on time? You never know what the admissions representative on the other side is thinking when they notice this.

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 0

Re: Letter of Recommendation - Grace Period ?   [#permalink] 01 Oct 2017, 20:40

Letter of Recommendation - Grace Period ?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: Gnpth

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap