GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Mar 2019, 23:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Looking for advice on shortlisting US MBA Colleges

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Looking for advice on shortlisting US MBA Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2018, 09:38
Hi Team,

I was looking for some guidance on shortlisting MBA colleges for US. My profile -

GMAT - 740
Work Experience - 5+ Years as of today
Companies Worked for - ZS Associates and Novartis
Current Designation - Business Associate Consultant
Current Area of Work - Consulting and Analytics for Pharmaceutical Clients

I am particularly concerned about post MBA job prospects in US considering I will only get 1 year to work if I am not able to secure H1B visa. So, wanted to know that what the good colleges should I consider applying for where I could get 50%-100% scholarship so that if I don't get a job in US then I could consider returning to India. Kindly advise.

Thanks,
Prashant
Director
Director
G
Status: Assisting candidates to get admit in to top global business schools
Affiliations: MBA
Schools: HEC, Paris
WE 1: 9 Years
Re: Looking for advice on shortlisting US MBA Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2019, 08:23
PA8021 wrote:
Hi Team,

I was looking for some guidance on shortlisting MBA colleges for US. My profile -

GMAT - 740

I am particularly concerned about post MBA job prospects in US considering I will only get 1 year to work if I am not able to secure H1B visa. So, wanted to know that what the good colleges should I consider applying for where I could get 50%-100% scholarship so that if I don't get a job in US then I could consider returning to India. Kindly advise.

Thanks,
Prashant

Hi Prashant,

Happy to help! We like to break different aspects of the application into the following buckets to make
everything clearer.
GMAT – You have got 740 score. Congrats, you are eligible to apply for top B-Schools. You have achieved high GMAT score which most of the MBA aspirants try to score.

Work Experience – You have got a good and diverse work experience. It is important to not just reiterate the job profile that you have. It is imperative to showcase the achievements and the awesome things that you have done, the initiatives you have taken, the awards you have received etc.

Extra Curricular – This section tells the ADCOM about your overall personality and helps them relate to a person instead of a resume. Make sure that you bring out your hobbies, voluntary work and achievements outside work in this area. It would be helpful if you can tell us more about your extracurricular activities

Essays: This is the section of the application that is in your control and typically carries a lot of weight in the final decision. You need to ensure that you chose the right stories for the questions asked and differentiate yourself from the rest not only in the stories but also in the way you present them. We have been working with students from the past 10 years and helping them get into their dream school by ensuring that they know what and how to write in the essays.

As for your visa concerns, the rules and regulations keep on changing and you need to be updated with the changes. The scholarship is decided by the Adcom of the particular school. Adcom evaluates your profile completely, your overall merits, financial aspects etc, in deciding the scholarship grant.

Based on our initial analysis, we have the following school recommendations for you:
1. Harvard University
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
3. University of Pennsylvania
4. Stanford University

Finally, we could help you in a better way if you can answer the following questions.
1. What are your post-MBA goals?
2. What are your academics records (GPA)?

Kindly visit our website for more information on MBA Application assistance. Also, you can use our unique tool "Chances of B-School" to evaluate your chances of getting into top B-Schools.

Predict your admission chances at Top B-Schools

w: https://www.genedmba.com/

m:+91 9164157770
e: info@genedmba.com
Experts' Global Representative
S
Re: Looking for advice on shortlisting US MBA Colleges  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 03:12
PA8021 wrote:
Hi Team,

GMAT - 740

Thanks,
Prashant

Hello prashant,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Frankly speaking, a job is never a guarantee at any school; moreover, your chances of gaining admission to any school depend on a number of things - achievements, career progression, skill-set, career goals, and how you weave all of these elements into a set of coherent essays. Since we do not have the said information, it would be difficult to get into the details.

The following videos, however, will help you evaluate your profile:

All the best! :-)
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Looking for advice on shortlisting US MBA Colleges   [#permalink] 01 Mar 2019, 03:12

Looking for advice on shortlisting US MBA Colleges

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap