It is currently 24 Sep 2017, 21:33

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Looking for some feedback

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Looking for some feedback [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Mar 2009, 12:38
Hey Linda & Paul, Ive posted before but was hoping for some updated advice.

Here is my profile:

27 yr old White American Male
GPA- 3.3 from Big Ten School
GMAT - High 500s first time, re-taking in Spring/Summer
Sports Marketing Degree/ Business Cetificate (more than a minor)
Dean's List last 4 semesters (one 4.0)
Partial academic faculty schollie from university

Work experience:
- 4 yrs at a top Wall Street firm in private wealth management, NYC
- Promoted w/in 6 months of tenure to leadership position (12 subordinates)
- Received two client service and sales awards and serve on an additional voluntary leadership team focusing on client retention and service in collaboration with management
-Sports marketing internship post-college before wall street as well as internships in college on Capitol Hill and Mayor's office working on economic data.

Extracurriculars:
-eBay business (began in college) selling vintage t-shirts for high margins in free time
-Various cancer/heart association related walks and runs

Short term goals:
-Leverage sales, marketing, service and entrepreneurial-based wealth management experience along with marketing and business degree into a corporate brand management/marketing role.

Long term goals:
-Entrepreneurial pursuits to open brand management firm in NY or LA area.

Considering USC, UCLA & NYU for Fall 2010. I hope to score 650+ on my next GMAT.

My essays are strong and I feel quite confident in my recommendations and the networking/contacts I’ve made at each school (current students, alumni and admin)

My updated question is, I have a strong interest in taking some continuing ed classes at NYU in the marketing division. The few (5 to be specific) classes would earn me a Marketing Certificate, with focus on planning, branding and internet strategies. My logic is that I can further aid my career pursuits and entrepreneurial goals while also help distinguish whether or not I want to pursue a role in the marketing field. Additionally, I would create contacts in the field. Classes run from May-July and Id potentially strengthen my transcript without affecting my ability to apply for MBA programs rounds 1 & 2 next fall.

Feedback on my thought process and profile would be fantastic. I look forward to your response.

Thanks.

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
B

Kudos [?]: 577 [0], given: 74

Re: Looking for some feedback [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2009, 15:21
kilograms wrote:
Hey Linda & Paul, Ive posted before but was hoping for some updated advice.

Here is my profile:

27 yr old White American Male
GPA- 3.3 from Big Ten School
GMAT - High 500s first time, re-taking in Spring/Summer
Sports Marketing Degree/ Business Cetificate (more than a minor)
Dean's List last 4 semesters (one 4.0)
Partial academic faculty schollie from university

Work experience:
- 4 yrs at a top Wall Street firm in private wealth management, NYC
- Promoted w/in 6 months of tenure to leadership position (12 subordinates)
- Received two client service and sales awards and serve on an additional voluntary leadership team focusing on client retention and service in collaboration with management
-Sports marketing internship post-college before wall street as well as internships in college on Capitol Hill and Mayor's office working on economic data.

Extracurriculars:
-eBay business (began in college) selling vintage t-shirts for high margins in free time
-Various cancer/heart association related walks and runs

Short term goals:
-Leverage sales, marketing, service and entrepreneurial-based wealth management experience along with marketing and business degree into a corporate brand management/marketing role.

Long term goals:
-Entrepreneurial pursuits to open brand management firm in NY or LA area.

Considering USC, UCLA & NYU for Fall 2010. I hope to score 650+ on my next GMAT.

My essays are strong and I feel quite confident in my recommendations and the networking/contacts I’ve made at each school (current students, alumni and admin)

My updated question is, I have a strong interest in taking some continuing ed classes at NYU in the marketing division. The few (5 to be specific) classes would earn me a Marketing Certificate, with focus on planning, branding and internet strategies. My logic is that I can further aid my career pursuits and entrepreneurial goals while also help distinguish whether or not I want to pursue a role in the marketing field. Additionally, I would create contacts in the field. Classes run from May-July and Id potentially strengthen my transcript without affecting my ability to apply for MBA programs rounds 1 & 2 next fall.

Feedback on my thought process and profile would be fantastic. I look forward to your response.

Thanks.

Assuming you get all or almost all A's, the classes can't hurt you and might help you. The key for you at this point is your GMAT. Given your target schools, if you score around 650 the schools you are aiming at are more in the stretch category for you. If you don't get closer to 700, check out UNC, UT, Indiana, and Babson.

Best,
Linda

Linda Abraham
Accepted ~ The Premier Admissions Consultancy
310-815-9553

Co-Author of: MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools

Follow Accepted on Twitter
Friend Accepted on Facebook
Subscribe to Accepted's Blog

Kudos [?]: 577 [0], given: 74

Re: Looking for some feedback   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2009, 15:21

Looking for some feedback

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap