It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 00:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Management Consultant 670 Gmat

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

GMAT ToolKit User
Management Consultant 670 Gmat [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Nov 2017, 20:11
Hello, thank you for reading my post. I would like to have your advice on my profile.

- Management consultant @ top-tier consulting firm, 5 years experience - international experience in 8 countries
- Fast track promotion, current position: Associate
- TOP 5 GPA / 131, top business school in Colombia - Top 10 scores in nationwide test of higher education
- Working for 2 years with Ashoka, doing pro-bono projects for social entrepreneurs
- Gmat, have took it 4 times, highest score: 670 Q46 p57%; V38 p81%; AWA 5.5 p80%; IR 6 p70%

Applying to: MIT, Kellogg, LBS, Berkeley, SOM Yale. Do you think I have good chances to join any of these top business schools with my profile? should I give a 5th attempt to the gmat? I'd rather not unless it seriously undermines my application

I will apply on the 2nd round, what suggestions can you provide me?

Best regards.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [1], given: 0

Re: Management Consultant 670 Gmat [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2017, 16:30
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Thanks for sharing your profile. Really strong background on all counts except the GMAT, given the schools you are looking to apply you are about 50 pts out of range. Now the overall strength of your profile will help close this gap, but I would not define your odds as "ggod" given this. The question I'd ask you is you have taken it 4x already do you think you can realistically improve much? If not then you might want to consider a few more realistic options while taking a shot at a few of the schools on your list

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2017, 19:50
Thanks for your advise, very insightful. To your question: I have scored consistently above 700 in the CATs, but on test day I have not bern able to crack both sections at the same time (mixed results). I believe I could improve the score, but I am not certain of this as it depends on many factos other than pure study. Now, I would take a chance again as far as it is not detrimental to my application, i'd cancelled a score below 700 right away. Do you think they are able to see my 5th or 6rh attempt as negative? Do they get to see all the cancelled scores?

Last question, and thanks a lot for replying! Do my test scores as a Latin American applicant would have the same consideration than the ones of native speakers? This might help to make the gap even shorter, I am not sure.

Best regards, highly appreciate your advise!

Image Posted from GMAT ToolKit

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2017, 20:34
i would give it another run at the GMAT, now you are at the point where you are at a lot of attempts so some schools may note this especially if you are unable to close in on a 700, but I think its worth the risk and the risk is minor if any. I would also say as a LA applicant, your profile will be evaluated from a different perspective especially if you are applying from an underrepresented country that could potentially add tot he diversity of your program

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 257 [0], given: 0

Management Consultant 670 Gmat

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap