It is currently 26 Jul 2017, 03:51

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Canada at 34

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
MBA Canada at 34 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 00:31
Hi All

I'm a 33 year old Indian female based out of Singapore. I'm interested in pursuing an MBA (preferably from Canada) because I really feel the need to, at this juncture. Here's my profile:

Work exp: 4.9 years in IT (India), 2.9+ years in Telecom (Singapore)
Education: MCA from Delhi, MSc Information science (top tier uni in Singapore)
Gmat: yet to take, in a month or two
Extracurricular: part of a college band in MCA (won intercollege prizes), part of a music group in my first organization, organizing committee member of team building activities and annual D&D in my current org. Awarded 8 times in 3 years by my clients in my first company, ITIL Foundation certified, taught basic computer at an orphanage for a year.

I understand that my age is limiting my options. However, I feel the need to pursue MBA so that I'm able to progress in my career. Can you guys throw some light on the age factor issue? And whether I should apply to schools such as Ivey, McGill, UBC, Queen's, Schulich, HEC Montreal?
Manager
Manager
S
Re: MBA Canada at 34 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2017, 02:29
Shruti N wrote:
Hi All

I'm a 33 year old Indian female based out of Singapore. I'm interested in pursuing an MBA (preferably from Canada) because I really feel the need to, at this juncture. Here's my profile:

Work exp: 4.9 years in IT (India), 2.9+ years in Telecom (Singapore)
Education: MCA from Delhi, MSc Information science (top tier uni in Singapore)
Gmat: yet to take, in a month or two
Extracurricular: part of a college band in MCA (won intercollege prizes), part of a music group in my first organization, organizing committee member of team building activities and annual D&D in my current org. Awarded 8 times in 3 years by my clients in my first company, ITIL Foundation certified, taught basic computer at an orphanage for a year.

I understand that my age is limiting my options. However, I feel the need to pursue MBA so that I'm able to progress in my career. Can you guys throw some light on the age factor issue? And whether I should apply to schools such as Ivey, McGill, UBC, Queen's, Schulich, HEC Montreal?

Hi Shruti,

Yes you are on the higher side of age range but it will not affect your candidacy. I had a couple of friends at Ivey who were around your age. A lot of people do MBA at a later stage in life that too a regular MBA. You need to decide what's best for you and defend your position when asked. If you can stay out of the work force for 1/2 years, if you can afford to pay for it and if you see an MBA will help you progress in your career then a business school will be glad to have to. You have shortlisted good schools. But maybe you should look for 1 year MBA to get back to work quickly.
Speaking of your profile, you have a good profile. Get a competitive score (average score of class profile) and you should be able to get in. Hope this help. Let me know if you'd like to discuss your profile in depth over a call.

Best,

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Jul 2017, 23:29
Hi! I'm Zack and I'm 25. Into which university you can advice me to enter?

Hi everybody! I'm Zack and I hope that here I will find answers to my questions. And will find new interesting people

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2017, 06:00
atericon wrote:
Hi! I'm Zack and I'm 25. Into which university you can advice me to enter?

Hi Zack,

Can you please post some details about your profile, your target job post MBA and your target country. Things such as your education background, work ex, extra curricular and community service ,etc. This will help me to suggest you some schools. Have you taken GMAT/GRE yet ?

Best,

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Re: MBA Canada at 34   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2017, 06:00