GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 05 Jul 2020, 09:40

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MBA essay consultant

new topic post reply Update application status  
Retired Moderator
B
Re: MBA essay consultant  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2013, 05:03
Hmm...! I understand your frustration.

Hopefully things will be in shape with your new consultant and do let us know how it goes.

I think, you're in R2..? Right? And did you reach out to any other consultants as mentioned in this thread - I mean General-Ed etc?

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2013, 06:02
Hey Guys,

Interesting discussion !!!

I request you to go through the below mentioned thread, I would be more than happy to help you (unconditionally). One fine day (around a year and half back) , I shared my idea with BB to start "Free Essay Review" and he agreed with the initiative.

free-profile-essay-review-service-free-129484.html

I repeat that I have servicing this thread because I believe that I hold a responsibility to give back to GmatClub

Feel free to send your essays (or any other post GMAT queries) and I will be glad to help you.

You can also notice the feedback given by the members who used the services prior.

Whether you send or do not, Wish you all the best !!

Cheers
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2013, 23:48
Hi,
If it helps you can read here some MBA admission consultant reviews and choose the best one for you, although I'm not sure they fit your geographical limit (but in my opinion it shouldn't be a problem, since most work with a consultant can be done over the phone and emails).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
B
GMAT 1: 640 Q50 V26
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 730 Q50 V38
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2013, 00:14
Hi,

I found that the feedback from my current consultant (getyoumba.in) was more or less similar to Essaysnark, but he also told me how to improve the essays. I was able to explore more topics to write about. I had a session Gen Ed for school selection, but again I didn't find their approach relevant to me.

Anyways, it's going good for now.

Regards,
Manager
Manager
B
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2015, 21:35
hi all,
im to apply for isb this year and am having problems highlighting the many achievements i have since essay asks for only one...
any suggestions as to how i can highlight them elsewhere...
SVP
SVP
D
MBA essay consultant  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2015, 02:26
AA2014 wrote:
hi all,
im to apply for isb this year and am having problems highlighting the many achievements i have since essay asks for only one...

Hi AA2014,

You pulled out a really old thread! It was fun to read this in any case.

To answer your question, you don't have to use every story that you have. ISB's essays this year give you the chance to narrate two stories either personal/ professional. My approach would be to:

1. pick out the most relevant and impactful stories.
2. pick one personal example and one professional example.
3. anything else which spells a significant work related achievement should be mentioned in the resume section.
4. you get the space to mention awards and achievements in a separate section, but if any of them is an outstanding achievement and needs additional space, use the optional essay.

If you still need further help, feel free to contact us :)

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2015, 05:57
MBADecoder wrote:
AA2014 wrote:
hi all,

Hi AA2014,

To answer your question, you don't have to use every story that you have. ISB's essays this year give you the chance to narrate two stories either personal/ professional. My approach would be to:

3. anything else which spells a significant work related achievement should be mentioned in the resume section.
4. you get the space to mention awards and achievements in a separate section, but if any of them is an outstanding achievement and needs additional space, use the optional essay.

Thanks for the response.
I've done the same - chose the most impactful story for the achievement essay, an academic situation for the risky decision essay.
Well, I've still to work on my resume. I will try to accomodate some in that as well.

If one is not taking the LOR from his supervisor, is it mandatory to justify it in optional essay? I mean I can use that space to highlight some achievements.

Thanks for reading.
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2015, 06:03
AA2014 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
AA2014 wrote:
hi all,

Hi AA2014,

Thanks for the response.
I've done the same - chose the most impactful story for the achievement essay, an academic situation for the risky decision essay.
Well, I've still to work on my resume. I will try to accomodate some in that as well.

If one is not taking the LOR from his supervisor, is it mandatory to justify it in optional essay? I mean I can use that space to highlight some achievements.

Thanks for reading.

Just a thought - try not to use experiences more than three years old.
Talking about your choice of recommender will take two lines of space. Use the rest of the essay for what you will.

Invested In Your Success
Manager
Manager
B
MBA essay consultant  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2015, 06:14
Yeah... you're right about that. I'll use older achievements someplace else.

Thanks for the advice... Might disturb you with some more questions in the future... thanks a lot again...
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2015, 06:33
AA2014 wrote:
Yeah... you're right about that. I'll use older achievements someplace else.

Thanks for the advice... Might disturb you with some more questions in the future... thanks a lot again...

sure.
you can reach out to me on this thread: http://gmatclub.com/forum/ask-mba-decoder-your-isb-related-queries-197497.html

Invested In Your Success
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA essay consultant   [#permalink] 20 Jul 2015, 06:33

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 30 posts ] 

MBA essay consultant

new topic post reply Update application status