GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2018, 12:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar

MBA Profile Eval: Biotech MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
MBA Profile Eval: Biotech MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 25 Dec 2017, 16:13
Thanks for taking a look at my profile, I am hoping to get some advice on what I should do with round 2 approaching.

The dilemma: do I wait for round 3 (retake the GMAT) or should I push forward but which schools do you recommend I go for and what are my realistic % chances?

Took the GMAT twice and landed at 690 both times - weak on verbal
GMAT: 690 (48Q,36V)
GPA: B
Undergraduate degree in pharmaceutical sciences from a top University (outside US)

3 years experience in a f500 biotech company in pricing
Lots of ECs: working with health foundations, rural community health initiatives, ...
Short-term goal: consulting firm in healthcare value or return to my company but try product management
Long-term goal: reach partner at consulting firm or start my own boutique consulting firm

Targeting: Haas, Wharton, Kellogg, HBS, GSB
Considering: Tuck? Yale?

Originally posted by mbiotech on 24 Dec 2017, 18:38.
Last edited by mbiotech on 25 Dec 2017, 16:13, edited 2 times in total.
INSEAD Thread Master
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: MBA Profile Eval: Biotech MBA  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 19:07
I submitted someone for biotech last year and the schools we went for or Wharton a MIT Kellogg Colombia. And I wish that we had gone for Yale as well. all HC schools. Hes at CBS, because at the last minute he chickened out on going full-time and he's doing the Saturday program there. Both Wharton MIT have the whole Healthcare certificate thing which would be valuable. At this late date I think that the best idea for you might be to submit to MIT because the deadline isn't until the 17th of next month it'll give you time to prepare your materials. Hire an expert to help you with the CV the recommendations IE (how to coach your recommenders and stories that you would like them to talk about that demonstrate impact,) and the cover letter essay, and also the video. Round 3 is really not a viable round acceptance rate is far far lower and it's really only suited to those who are highly diverse. If you feel that's you go for it but I personally think you'd be better off waiting for round one. Focus on the GMAT and once thats improved along with the updated resume and all the other stuff that you submitted to MIT, you'll be in a far better place. It really just does not make sense for you to cram and jam everything together in the last week it's ridiculous don't do it. Yes you can apply next year but you need to demonstrate growth for them to take you seriously.

http://MBAPrepCoach.com

Farrell Dyan
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 07:38
Thanks so much. If I was to take a shot at round 2 with the current stats, which of the school do you recommend I target?

In general, is it better to just take a shot now and reapply next year if failed or wait next year?
INSEAD Thread Master
P

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 08:48
I've already answered both of those questions

Farrell Dyan

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 09:28
Have you seen in the past where schools would accept an updated GMAT score after the application? I know some schools have a policy in general saying that they don't consider it but in practice has it worked in the past to just send them new scores 1 month later post app?
INSEAD Thread Master
P

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 09:44
I don't think you should apply now because you will not have enough time to demonstrate growth - so that they would actually take you as a replicant seriously. I hope that's clear. Yes it's possible to submit an improved GMAT after submitting the application, but I think that's playing Russian roulette in your case. If the applicant is extremely diverse, sometimes I will have them submit an updated GRE score. Because they have other merits, the school is more interested in them beyond the score. This is going to be my last response on this one.

Farrell Dyan

GMAT Club Bot
Re: MBA Profile Eval: Biotech MBA &nbs [#permalink] 25 Dec 2017, 09:44

MBA Profile Eval: Biotech MBA

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap