Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 18:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Melbourne VS Hult [#permalink]
Expert Reply
nunomiguelalbarran wrote:
Hi Linda,

I'd like to school that could provide me a industry shift to marketing and that could provide me international mobility. Also, I want to be a part of a company which its mission statement is not for-profit, or with a clear sence of social responsibility in their modus operandi.

Both schools are good in their stats, although Melbourne stats are clearly overrated with their migration policies. Most of their students have a permanent residence visa in australia , even though they are international, which almost grants them a job with a great salary. An mba doesn´t grant even a temporary working visa in australia, one needs to be sponsored by a consulting or a mining company in order to work there. I really don't want to work in those industries.

Hult is really good in international mobility, ranked at 8th place in the FT ranking. They have a placement of 80% (after 3 months) of their graduates, with 50% of their graduates changing countries.

The big issue of Hult is their brand recognition in the job market. Their brand only have 10 years old. Although, they have done a really great job so far since they're mba is already ranked 57 world wide on FT and 31 on the economist.

Is there a better school, of your knowledge, for me to apply or do you think hult's lack of brand awareness is not an issue?

Thanks,
Nuno

Can you ask for alumni names so you can talk to them about the brand issue at Hult? Did they have a problem finding work? changing jobs?

You may also want to consider programs like Rotman or Ivey in Canada, which I am told has a fairly open immigration policy and healthy economy.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Melbourne VS Hult [#permalink]