It is currently 11 Dec 2017, 00:53

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 0

calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2017, 18:47
Hello all,

We are the current students of Master of Supply Chain Management (MSCM) at University of Michigan (Class of 2018). We are opening an informal discussion forum here for all the prospective students to share info about our own experience and answer any questions you may have regarding -

• Application process
• Program details (curriculum, action-based learning modules)
• Financing (loans)
• Recruiting
• Life in Ann Arbor (Weather, foods, housing, entertainment, lifestyles)
• Everything else

Please post your questions here and we will check the forum frequently and get back soon. Good luck! :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some highlights we have for this program are -

• 10 month intensive program
• Deep dive into all supply chain subjects
• STEM certified (36 months of OPT)
• Focus on market trends like Big data analytics
• Supply chain consulting studio

If you are looking for more program specific info, you may also check out MSCM website, or sign up for a “Virtual info session”and/or “App chat” with the program director.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2017, 18:40
Hello,
Thank you very much for initiating this group.
I am applying to MSCM program in Round 2 and much appreciate if you could share any tips on the application essays.

Regards

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2017, 22:41
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Geetika,
Good to hear from you.
Are there any specific questions you have about the essays? From a generic standpoint, here are some pointers

1) essay 1: Show how you went through the process of idea generation and then translated those ideas into action points. It would be great to point out to the challenges you faced during the process and how you overcame them. Stick to active voice and "show" the action rather than just tell what you think was the result.

2) essay 2: Go over the "Application Tips" section on the application requirements page. You can talk about the elements of the program that appeal to you the most and also connect your experience with what you intend to do post-graduation and how MSCM program can help you get there.

And do get your essays reviewed at least a couple of times before posting. Hope this was helpful and wishing you the very best with your application process.

Do let us know if you have any more questions.

Go Blue!!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 11:18
Thank you very much for your inputs. This surely helps :)

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2017, 23:05
Hi there,

Thank you so much for creating this forum and providing us a great chance to communicate with current students!

I have been working as a staff accountant/financial analyst for 2 years in a shipping company in the US after earned my first Master's degree in Accounting with 3.88 GPA. I gain a strong interest in supply chain management because my current tasks, especially budget preparation, require me frequent collaborate with our operations team. I am super excited when I came across this program and fascinated by how practical this program is.

I've contacted with Katy and several current students, but I still have several questions after I submitted my application.
1. Do you have any ideas about the application timeline? I have already submitted my application by Oct.15 which meet the first round deadline. I completed my application by Nov.4 after submitting supplemental documents that required by the application office. I didn't hear back from UMICH since then. I think my GMAT score and my work experiences are definitely not my strengths, so I probably will be waitlisted or rejected (Hope not!!!!!!). Do you have any insights about if anyone has already been admitted or get interviews?

2. Will the waitlisted applicants get interviews?

3. Can I update my GMAT score after my application?

Thank you so much for your help:) It's really a great tradition to keep helping new applicants!

Best,
Rang

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2017, 22:56
Hey Alums and current students,

Could you please throw some light on the nature of questions asked in the interview. How should one go about prepping.

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 19:20
Hi Rang,

Coming from Accounting background with exposure and understanding of operations, I believe you would definitely add to the diversity of the class.

Since you have submitted the application late in the first round, I wouldn't suggest losing hopes yet. Unfortunately, we don't have the visibility into candidate specific decisions that the school makes. So, can't share any information on that front.

Updating a GMAT score or any other information which you think would add strength to the profile would definitely help. Hope this helps!!

Go Blue!!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2017, 19:36
Hi urtripathi,

Congrats on the interview call..!!

For the interviews, make sure to demonstrate your interest in the program and connect your experience with career goals and how Ross would help you achieve them. Also, be prepared to discuss any points on your experience. Hope this helps!!

All the best and do keep us posted.

Go Blue!!

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2017, 11:28
Hello everyone!

Does anybody know if there is supposed to be only one interview? or two?

Thanks and good luck :)

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 5

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2017, 21:06
Hi CarlaStudent,

There will be only one interview.

Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2017, 21:06

calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: carcass

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap