It is currently 22 Jan 2018, 16:17

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jun 2016
Posts: 2
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2017, 19:59
Hello mscmross

Thank you so much for your response.

Actually I have already received an email from Ad Com, offering a spot on waitlist and informing that Ad Com has requested a second round of interview with me.
So I was hoping to get some information on what it would be like.

Wish you great holidays.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2017, 21:16
Hi Rang

Congratulations on being admitted to the program! You mentioned earlier that you hadn't heard back from the school, I wanted to check whether you had an interview. If yes, how soon after submitting your application did you hear back?


AnnaJin225 wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you so much for creating this forum and providing us a great chance to communicate with current students!

I have been working as a staff accountant/financial analyst for 2 years in a shipping company in the US after earned my first Master's degree in Accounting with 3.88 GPA. I gain a strong interest in supply chain management because my current tasks, especially budget preparation, require me frequent collaborate with our operations team. I am super excited when I came across this program and fascinated by how practical this program is.

I've contacted with Katy and several current students, but I still have several questions after I submitted my application.
1. Do you have any ideas about the application timeline? I have already submitted my application by Oct.15 which meet the first round deadline. I completed my application by Nov.4 after submitting supplemental documents that required by the application office. I didn't hear back from UMICH since then. I think my GMAT score and my work experiences are definitely not my strengths, so I probably will be waitlisted or rejected (Hope not!!!!!!). Do you have any insights about if anyone has already been admitted or get interviews?

2. Will the waitlisted applicants get interviews?

3. Can I update my GMAT score after my application?

Thank you so much for your help:) It's really a great tradition to keep helping new applicants!

Best,
Rang


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 3
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Dec 2017, 03:19
Hi there,

I submitted my application on Oct.15. I've been contacted by Admission Office to provide one more material and completed my application by Nov.4. I received my interview invitation on Nov.30 and scheduled my interview with Cheryl on Dec.7. I received the phone call from Cheryl to confirm I was admitted on Dec.15 as promise. This is the entire timeline of my application. Hope this info can help you and good luck on your application!

Rang





RT17 wrote:
Hi Rang

Congratulations on being admitted to the program! You mentioned earlier that you hadn't heard back from the school, I wanted to check whether you had an interview. If yes, how soon after submitting your application did you hear back?


AnnaJin225 wrote:
Hi there,

Thank you so much for creating this forum and providing us a great chance to communicate with current students!

I have been working as a staff accountant/financial analyst for 2 years in a shipping company in the US after earned my first Master's degree in Accounting with 3.88 GPA. I gain a strong interest in supply chain management because my current tasks, especially budget preparation, require me frequent collaborate with our operations team. I am super excited when I came across this program and fascinated by how practical this program is.

I've contacted with Katy and several current students, but I still have several questions after I submitted my application.
1. Do you have any ideas about the application timeline? I have already submitted my application by Oct.15 which meet the first round deadline. I completed my application by Nov.4 after submitting supplemental documents that required by the application office. I didn't hear back from UMICH since then. I think my GMAT score and my work experiences are definitely not my strengths, so I probably will be waitlisted or rejected (Hope not!!!!!!). Do you have any insights about if anyone has already been admitted or get interviews?

2. Will the waitlisted applicants get interviews?

3. Can I update my GMAT score after my application?

Thank you so much for your help:) It's really a great tradition to keep helping new applicants!

Best,
Rang


Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Dec 2017
Posts: 2
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2018, 08:56
Thanks a lot Rang! The timeline really helps!
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jun 2011
Posts: 26
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 07:35
Any updates for the Dec 8 deadline guys?
_________________

VENI. VIDI. VICI

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 May 2015
Posts: 6
Schools: HBS '17
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 08:11
Congratulations everyone for the admit. I have my interview day after tomorrow. Can you please share your interview experience?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 18:19
Hello all,
Are all the interview invites out for round 2?

I applied in round 2 - submitted my application on 8th Dec and received a confirmation that my application is complete. There is no communication post that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2018
Posts: 1
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Jan 2018, 23:03
Hello mscmross,

Are there interviews held for all applicants? Also, do you know if they have started sending out interview calls for round 2 applicants?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 May 2012
Posts: 2
Location: India
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.3
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 10:54
When are the interviews for Round 2 applicants expected to happen? I am little anxious now, as one month has passed since the Round 2 deadline.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2018, 18:29
rupesh351 wrote:
Congratulations everyone for the admit. I have my interview day after tomorrow. Can you please share your interview experience?

Hello Rupesh,

When did you get invite for the interview?

I am assuming you applied in round 2.

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 08:12
As per the communication from admission office - Interviews have not been started for Round 2 yet.

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 May 2015
Posts: 6
Schools: HBS '17
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2018, 10:43
veeds wrote:
rupesh351 wrote:
Congratulations everyone for the admit. I have my interview day after tomorrow. Can you please share your interview experience?

Hello Rupesh,

When did you get invite for the interview?

I am assuming you applied in round 2.

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Hi, I am sorry about my earlier post. Had misinterpreted an admissions chat invite for an interview invite. Was just too excited and the scheduling of the admissions chat, which was similar to an interview chat didn't help. (Well, I figured it out a day before the interview/chat :) )

Anyways, I had the admissions chat with Katy (admissions adviser) and it was a really informative discussion. She also mentioned that they give admits without interview too at times. Once again, sorry for the earlier post.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 10:34
Hi Everyone

Just got an interview invite. If the 1st round people can please share some insights on what all was asked in the interview, it would be great.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Jan 2018
Posts: 4
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2018, 11:19
ap15 wrote:
Hi Everyone

Just got an interview invite. If the 1st round people can please share some insights on what all was asked in the interview, it would be great.

Congratulations on getting the interview invite and All the Best...

Can you share your profile?


Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
2 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Jan 2018
Posts: 1
calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2018, 03:02
2
This post received
KUDOS
Hello everyone,

We are another group of current MSCM students. We have received a lot of emails and messages on LinkedIn in the last few months and would like to post feedback on all general questions. We will try to be as honest and clear as possible. We didn’t have anyone to help/guide us as this was basically the first year for the new program but we will try our best to help you guys.

1) Yes, the program is now 10 months as opposed to 12 months before. There is no full time Summer Internship.

2) Consulting Studio is like a Project you do with a company, not at their facility but rather from the school, by organising meetings and sharing information over WebEx. It can’t really be compared to Summer Internship but it’s the best we have right now.

3) We don’t really know if people will get full time jobs from Consulting Studio, as this is the first time this has been launched and the Studio has just begun in Winter. But from our personal prespective, we don’t expect the number to be more than 2-3, if any.

4) There are still opportunities for practical hands on experiences like AT Kearney Projects, Independent Studies & Consulting Studios but it’s no where near as good as before. AT Kearney Projects happen in Fall during peak recruitment cycle & thus, most of the people don’t take it.

5) The academics are pretty good. Some classes might not seem very value adding but in general, we don’t have much complain from academics.

6) We don’t really know what new rules or impact Trump organisation can have. What we will like to clarify though is that STEM doesn’t help you get a job, no employer even looks at STEM. How it does help is that once you’ve a job, you can apply for H1B for 3 years.

7) The job scenario right now is pretty shit & to be honest, only 5 people have jobs right now out of 44. The Ross brand is big but on its own, it’s only helpful, if you’re doing an MBA. With the MSCM degree, it doesn’t help much. Amazon is the only company who recruits on campus for MSCM. Off-campus can be very daunting, not impossible if you keep your focus and keep on trying. Most of the companies, even the big ones, are not very keen to hire or sponsor Internationals right now.

8) For International Students- We don’t recommend you to apply or not apply, that is purely one’s own choice but we do recommend to do your due diligence thoroughly. Managing the academics with assignments and cases and networking vigorously for off-campus jobs can be daunting. It’s still a good program but yes, not the same it was a couple of years ago. It’s very much possible that the implementation of this new program structure is done much better for your batch as the school will have some experience with our batch but again, we can’t be sure of that.

On a personal level, we suggest that if you do apply, do also look for similar programs from other schools like MIT or look at the IOE program in University of Michigan. If you’ve made your decision to come to US, irrespective of the school, we would also suggest to prepare yourself for a tough, exciting, challenging and a stressful year. It is not easy for everyone to manage all this, especially when you’re here on a big loan. So, all the best for your applications and let us know if you have any more questions.

Posted from my mobile device
calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019   [#permalink] 21 Jan 2018, 03:02

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 35 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: carcass



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.