Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 21:47 It is currently 11 May 2024, 21:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]
Thanks a lot Rang! The timeline really helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Any updates for the Dec 8 deadline guys?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Congratulations everyone for the admit. I have my interview day after tomorrow. Can you please share your interview experience?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello all,
Are all the interview invites out for round 2?

I applied in round 2 - submitted my application on 8th Dec and received a confirmation that my application is complete. There is no communication post that.

Sent from my SM-G950F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello mscmross,

Are there interviews held for all applicants? Also, do you know if they have started sending out interview calls for round 2 applicants?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
When are the interviews for Round 2 applicants expected to happen? I am little anxious now, as one month has passed since the Round 2 deadline.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rupesh351 wrote:
Congratulations everyone for the admit. I have my interview day after tomorrow. Can you please share your interview experience?

Hello Rupesh,

When did you get invite for the interview?

I am assuming you applied in round 2.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
As per the communication from admission office - Interviews have not been started for Round 2 yet.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
veeds wrote:
rupesh351 wrote:

Hello Rupesh,

When did you get invite for the interview?

I am assuming you applied in round 2.

Hi, I am sorry about my earlier post. Had misinterpreted an admissions chat invite for an interview invite. Was just too excited and the scheduling of the admissions chat, which was similar to an interview chat didn't help. (Well, I figured it out a day before the interview/chat :) )

Anyways, I had the admissions chat with Katy (admissions adviser) and it was a really informative discussion. She also mentioned that they give admits without interview too at times. Once again, sorry for the earlier post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Kudos
Hi Everyone

Just got an interview invite. If the 1st round people can please share some insights on what all was asked in the interview, it would be great.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ap15 wrote:
Hi Everyone

Just got an interview invite. If the 1st round people can please share some insights on what all was asked in the interview, it would be great.

Congratulations on getting the interview invite and All the Best...

Can you share your profile?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [5]
Send PM
calling applicants for Michigan Ross MSCM - class of 2019 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello everyone,

We are another group of current MSCM students. We have received a lot of emails and messages on LinkedIn in the last few months and would like to post feedback on all general questions. We will try to be as honest and clear as possible. We didn’t have anyone to help/guide us as this was basically the first year for the new program but we will try our best to help you guys.

1) Yes, the program is now 10 months as opposed to 12 months before. There is no full time Summer Internship.

2) Consulting Studio is like a Project you do with a company, not at their facility but rather from the school, by organising meetings and sharing information over WebEx. It can’t really be compared to Summer Internship but it’s the best we have right now.

3) We don’t really know if people will get full time jobs from Consulting Studio, as this is the first time this has been launched and the Studio has just begun in Winter. But from our personal prespective, we don’t expect the number to be more than 2-3, if any.

4) There are still opportunities for practical hands on experiences like AT Kearney Projects, Independent Studies & Consulting Studios but it’s no where near as good as before. AT Kearney Projects happen in Fall during peak recruitment cycle & thus, most of the people don’t take it.

5) The academics are pretty good. Some classes might not seem very value adding but in general, we don’t have much complain from academics.

6) We don’t really know what new rules or impact Trump organisation can have. What we will like to clarify though is that STEM doesn’t help you get a job, no employer even looks at STEM. How it does help is that once you’ve a job, you can apply for H1B for 3 years.

7) The job scenario right now is pretty **** & to be honest, only 5 people have jobs right now out of 44. The Ross brand is big but on its own, it’s only helpful, if you’re doing an MBA. With the MSCM degree, it doesn’t help much. Amazon is the only company who recruits on campus for MSCM. Off-campus can be very daunting, not impossible if you keep your focus and keep on trying. Most of the companies, even the big ones, are not very keen to hire or sponsor Internationals right now.

8) For International Students- We don’t recommend you to apply or not apply, that is purely one’s own choice but we do recommend to do your due diligence thoroughly. Managing the academics with assignments and cases and networking vigorously for off-campus jobs can be daunting. It’s still a good program but yes, not the same it was a couple of years ago. It’s very much possible that the implementation of this new program structure is done much better for your batch as the school will have some experience with our batch but again, we can’t be sure of that.

On a personal level, we suggest that if you do apply, do also look for similar programs from other schools like MIT or look at the IOE program in University of Michigan. If you’ve made your decision to come to US, irrespective of the school, we would also suggest to prepare yourself for a tough, exciting, challenging and a stressful year. It is not easy for everyone to manage all this, especially when you’re here on a big loan. So, all the best for your applications and let us know if you have any more questions.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Guys
Has anyone else been invited for an interview? Is it safe to assume that you will not be accepted if you aren't invited to interview?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
RT17 wrote:
Hi Guys
Has anyone else been invited for an interview? Is it safe to assume that you will not be accepted if you aren't invited to interview?

Hi RT17,

I have gotten an interview request too.

And no, don’t assume that you will not be accepted without an interview. As stated earlier, the admissions committee mentioned that some students are admitted without an interview.

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Send PM
Hey guys,
sorry for the little lull there. We got busy with the classes and the projects of the consulting studio.

I will be picking up from where we left last time. Since all your questions are on the round 2 invites, I have bucketed them into following -

1) Interview process

Ideally, everyone who gets into the program receives an interview invite from the school to schedule an appointment. And, typically, there is one round of interview on a pre-agreed upon date and time. Once the interview is done, you can expect to hear back in 2 - 4 weeks. But, as msapp was pointing out about the folks admitted without an interview, I would say that that is an exception and not the norm in general. But, if you haven't received your interview call yet, please drop a note to the school at rossmscm@umich.edu to check. No harm trying!! :-)

2) Preparation for the interview

As pointed out in the earlier posts, be prepared to answer questions on your current position in the career journey, your target in the long run and how Ross MSCM helps you achieve that. Be honest with your story and you will do fine.

3) deadlines for receiving the admission letter

You will receive the admit letter before the deadline mentioned on the MSCM page. So, for the second round candidates, you should hear back from the school by February 8. And this is applicable for both admitted and waitlisted candidates. All admitted students have a deadline to accept the offer and based on their acceptance/non-acceptance the folks in the queue will move up the order. So, don't lose your hopes yet if you are waitlisted, there is still a good chance.

I completely understand the anxiety( we were there in the same position just a year ago!!). So, keep up the effort and just relax, you guys will do great!!

Let me know if you have any more questions and will try my best to answer them ASAP. Good luck!!

Go Blue!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V31
GMAT 2: 660 Q50 V28
GMAT 3: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 4: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Finally...an invite!!
Hoping to have a productive 45 mins of interview and clarify some of the very niche points as highlighted by MRoss2018.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
krazykunal1410 wrote:
Finally...an invite!!
Hoping to have a productive 45 mins of interview and clarify some of the very niche points as highlighted by MRoss2018.

When did you received the interview invite and when is your interview?
Do you mind sharing your profile?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderator:
Senior Moderator - Masters Forum
3137 posts