GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Sep 2018, 12:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Most of the mines that Moradco operates in the province of Velyena hav

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Most of the mines that Moradco operates in the province of Velyena hav  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2018, 04:05
00:00
A
B
C
D
E

Difficulty:

25% (medium)

Question Stats:

77% (01:31) correct 23% (01:17) wrong based on 123 sessions

HideShow timer Statistics

Most of the mines that Moradco operates in the province of Velyena have never violated environmental regulations. Every one of the gold mines that Moradco operates throughout the world has at some time or another violated environmental regulations.

Which one of the following statements follows logically from the statements above?

(A) Moradco operates more mines in Velyena than any other company operates there.

(B) The total number of gold mines that Moradco operates is larger than the total number of mines it operates in Velyena.

(C) Most of the gold mines that Moradco operates are not located in Velyena.

(D) Most of the mines that Moradco operates in Velyena are not gold mines.

(E) Most of the mines that Moradco operates throughout the world are not gold mines.

LSAT
Most Helpful Community Reply
Manager
Manager
S
Re: Most of the mines that Moradco operates in the province of Velyena hav  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2018, 00:25
I thought I understood stem, but options makes it complex.

Nothing is said about no. of mines inside or outside Velyena.
So A,B,C --out.

In D and E,

lets say in Velyena M has 10 mines out of which 8(most) have never violated any rule,
And, outside Velyena M has 10 more mines that of gold. All of which have violated rules.

Considering above, Only D makes sense
Most of the mines that Moradco operates in Velyena are not gold mines.
10/10 of gold mines have violated rules but in V only 2 have violated.
So most are not of gold.

D must be the answer.
General Discussion
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member
Re: Most of the mines that Moradco operates in the province of Velyena hav  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2018, 00:09
I think the answer is D.

If MOST of the mines in Velyena has NEVER violated env. regs, while EVERY goldmine operated by Moradco has, at one time, violated env. Regs, then D would Bridge the gap.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Most of the mines that Moradco operates in the province of Velyena hav &nbs [#permalink] 10 Sep 2018, 00:09

Most of the mines that Moradco operates in the province of Velyena hav

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap