GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2018, 15:54

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

MSBA from Columbia vs MISM-BIDA from CMU

new topic post reply Update application status  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern
MSBA from Columbia vs MISM-BIDA from CMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2018, 21:46
Which is better: MSBA from Columbia (offered by IEOR in association with Columbia Business School (CBS)) vs MISM-BIDA from CMU (offered at Heinz)? I have MBA from IIM and currently working as analytics & automation manager (4 years of relevant experience) in India. I am interested in Managerial/consulting positions in US after completion of the MSBA. 1. Will my MBA degree will be counted while I apply for jobs after completion of the MSBA program? 2. Is Columbia better because of the association of the CBS in the program? 3. CMU BIDA has a higher avg salary than Columbia general analytics program in IEOR department which is strange given the location advantage to Columbia? 4. Columbia 's program is a new just started this year but CMU program is old and has large alumni base in the industry which I can take advantage of.

Please help me in deciding between these two schools with your valuable inputs?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: MSBA from Columbia vs MISM-BIDA from CMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2018, 07:57
navnidhi.01 wrote:
Which is better: MSBA from Columbia (offered by IEOR in association with Columbia Business School (CBS)) vs MISM-BIDA from CMU (offered at Heinz)? I have MBA from IIM and currently working as analytics & automation manager (4 years of relevant experience) in India. I am interested in Managerial/consulting positions in US after completion of the MSBA. 1. Will my MBA degree will be counted while I apply for jobs after completion of the MSBA program? 2. Is Columbia better because of the association of the CBS in the program? 3. CMU BIDA has a higher avg salary than Columbia general analytics program in IEOR department which is strange given the location advantage to Columbia? 4. Columbia 's program is a new just started this year but CMU program is old and has large alumni base in the industry which I can take advantage of.

Please help me in deciding between these two schools with your valuable inputs?

Thanks in advance.

Columbia analytics is relatively new program. Having said that ,New York is kinda of silicon valley for data analytics. CMU would give you access to resources in and around Boston.As far as career services is concerned ,they are good. One of my friends is an alumni . He is currently working in Aethna as data engineer.

I would definitely recommend Columbia,but choice is yours.
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q166 V163
GPA: 2.38
Re: MSBA from Columbia vs MISM-BIDA from CMU  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 03:38
Where did you end up going and how has your experience been so far?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: MSBA from Columbia vs MISM-BIDA from CMU &nbs [#permalink] 19 Sep 2018, 03:38

MSBA from Columbia vs MISM-BIDA from CMU

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: billionaire, Wilch, swbluedevil

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap