It is currently 23 Oct 2017, 10:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

MSc in Finance before top MBA: does it make sense?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 50

CAT Tests
MSc in Finance before top MBA: does it make sense? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2017, 08:29
Dear Veritas Prep team, I received my bachelor degree in 2015. And now I'm about to win an educational grant with stipend to the best full-time MSc in Finance program in Central Asia. But then, will it make sense to apply to the top MBA program (HBS, Stanford, Wharton)? Is it considered as advantage or disadvantage? Won't they ask questions like why do you need second Masters? Even though they have different curriculum

To be honest, I have low GPA score (I used to work during my university study) about 3.1. However, I have really good background, and I planned to cover my low Bachelor degree GPA using high MSc in Finance GPA. What do you think about it? Is it advantage or disadvantage? Should I apply to MSc in Finance (full-time good program with scholarship), or should I skip it in order to apply to the top MBA program?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 50

Veritas Prep GMAT Discount CodesManhattan GMAT Discount CodesOptimus Prep Discount Codes
Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 0

Re: MSc in Finance before top MBA: does it make sense? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Feb 2017, 19:01
They will always scrutinize whether an MBA will be helpful for every applicant, not just those with grad degrees, you will just need to make the case. It seems an MSc in Finance could be helpful for you given your low GPA. You should also consider work experience at some point prior to pursuing an MBA unless you are applying to one of their early career programs (HBS 2+2). But I think this makes sense for you

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 238 [0], given: 0

MSc in Finance before top MBA: does it make sense?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap