Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:20 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
That's good that you signed up for a course! It should be a big help.

You mentioned seven schools in your post above... I'd probably recommend applying to something like four or five schools. The more schools you apply to, the better your overall odds may be, but you're also spreading yourself thin and making it harder to create a great app for each school. So, I'd recommend focusing on no more than five schools. Which schools is up to you.

The Suffolk early course option sounds pretty good. Regarding paying for it, you'll probably just have to take out loans like most students. Even if it takes you years to pay them off, in the long run you'll most likely be better off. I would say that most MBA students graduate with significant levels of debt, but manage to pay it off over time.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
re [#permalink]
HI Scott,
Thanks for the advice.
I have narrowed it down to five schools but I need some help in choosing.

Endicott College has a intense part time 18 months program. The cost is roughly 869 per course and I think it is a relative new program where most of the professors are adj . But it also has strong local ties to the community that might eventually want to open my business in. And with this program there is a thesis required.

Suffolk as I mentioned before. But the cost is 2468.00 per course can get expense. Because it does an 18 course requirement. I like the program which being held at my old alumi matter... It seems like it has a good repututation.

Salem State Cost is 1000.00 per course but it doesnt seem to have an accounting or enterperial concentration that I need.

Umass Cost 1100.00 per course. Good school but tough entry..
Would have to commute into Boston more than one night a week.
Does have the accounting and enterpership that I am looking for

Bentley : 2698 per course. Very Good school... Not sure If I can get in..
No Saturday course but does back to back options...

I am not sure what to do..
I dont want to have huge debt that I wouldnt be able to recovery from..
I am still paying off my undergraduate student loan...
And work might pay for some courses and I am afraid that if I pick the expense one they might not pay for it..

Any Advice?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think the first thing you should do is find out what is your company's policy towards paying for classes. Find out what their tuition limit is that might help you decide since price seems to be a huge factor for you. This might narrow your options to less than 5.

Regarding picking a school, If you have narrowed it down to less than 5 I would just apply to all of them. Some will accept you, others might not. This will also give you additional time to weigh the pros and cons of each school. It is hard for us to help you decide which school to pick since that is a very personal decision.

The other thing is to do as much research as possible, trust me once you put the time to learn more about the schools the differences will become apparent giving you better insight as to which school might be best for your individual circumstances.
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
I'll second what crsierra said. It's hard to recommend a school since I'm not completely sure what you're looking for. If you get it down to four or five schools, though, then applying to them all isn't unreasonable.

In terms of the costs, it's a hard argument for some people to swallow, but keep in mind that this is a long-term investment. So, I urge you to not just pick the cheapest school or pick one school over another to save a couple of thousand dollars. Over the course of your career this will be a small thing.

Scott
Intern
Intern
Send PM
re [#permalink]
Both of you thank you..
I still have two more schools to see about.
I think that once I have seen all five schools and find out what my work will pay for then I will make a decision.
Does it make a difference the one school I felt comfortable at was Suffolk?
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Yes, definitely! It sounds "touchy feely," but intangibles like that really do matter. You only get to choose your b-school once, so pick the one you think you will get the most out of AND be the happiest at.

Scott
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]